Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supersonic
Mar 28, 2008

You have used 43 of 300 characters allowed.
Tortured By Flan
Anyone planning on having their websites go black today in protest of SOPA and PIPA? I installed a ready to go blackout plugin for wordpress which makes it easy (if you're running a Wordpress install). I feel like if this stuff goes through, Harper and his cronies will be quick to introduce similar bills here in Canada :canada:. Most of my traffic is US based so hopefully it'll have an impact on some voters in the States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic
Mar 28, 2008

Tortured By Flan

Zero Gravitas posted:

Im trying to set up adsense on my site while I marshall the rest of my initial content together. Am I limited to text-only ads with adsense or are there graphical ones available? Slightly annoyed that the otherwise polished look of my site is going to go down the pan with a couple of white blocks with text in them.

You can choose if you want to display text, graphical, or both on your site. Additionally, you should have the option to set your own color scheme for the ads in order to make them blend in with the site better.

Supersonic
Mar 28, 2008

Tortured By Flan
Does anyone else experience a drop off in affiliate sales near the end of the month? On on one of my sites, I was generating a commission every other day (sometimes more), but for the past few days commissions have been flat even though traffic has remained stable.

Supersonic
Mar 28, 2008

Tortured By Flan

invision posted:

If you run a site that allows for it, don't be scared to contact companies asking to review their products. So far I've done (and received and are mine to to keep) a camera and a book, I have another camera, a set of extrication gloves, and a helmet light coming. Thats close to a grand worth of free stuff, and all I have to do is review them. Plus it opens the companies up allowing you to review more of their stuff, especially when they launch a new product.

This is very true. I've gotten tons of free products, just by contacting companies telling them about my site and how I'd like to review their product. No matter what the value of the item, I find that about 1/3-1/2 end up sending you review products (more and more as the site becomes well established).

I also recently went on a paid trip (flight + hotel) to Manhattan to cover a product launch event. The event ended up a bit of an organizational disaster, but I ended up spending a few days in Manhattan which was pretty cool.

Supersonic
Mar 28, 2008

Tortured By Flan
Is it necessary to add a disclaimer about affiliate revenue even if you aren't a US citizen? Does it make a difference in rankings or is it just a legal issue for US-based marketers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic
Mar 28, 2008

Tortured By Flan
Anyone else get a jump in the rankings after Panda 4.0 was rolled out? Four of my sites stayed the same, but a fifth has seen daily Google search traffic go from 120-130 to 300-350.

http://searchengineland.com/panda-4-0s-big-loser-ebay-winners-losers-chart-192123

• Locked thread