Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Get your nameservers from lithium and enter them into namecheap. I wouldn't move my domains to Lithium from namecheap nor is that required. I'm guessing Lithium has Cpanel, so log in and scroll down and the NS servers are at the bottom left. Then do this http://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/767/10/how-can-i-change-the-nameservers-for-my-domain

lwoodio fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Did you run the Wordpress installer inside of a folder in your main directory? Did you use Cpanel's create subdomain?

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Sorry I meant addon domains in Cpanel. It sounds like you fixed it though.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

FCKGW posted:

I got a $100 Adwords credit I'm going to chuck if any one wants it.
New accounts only, needs to be used by March 31st.

I could use it. My SA username @ gmail.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Woohoo, one week after launch and I'm only 3 spaces away from the front page of google results for my keyword group.

For some reason the 7th post I wrote out of the 17 that I have up so far is the one Google chose as my snippet.

Did you fill out your meta description?

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Man-Thing posted:

Maybe I'm dumb, but somebody help me. With the keyword search tool in the OP, it talks about finding words with 1000+ searches and $1+ CPC... but I can't seem to find where the CPC is when I do a search for like, Video Games, I get the various related searches and can see and sort the unique clicks and local whatsits, but I cannot see anywhere where it lists the Costs per Click.

Can someone screengrab what I want to find? Here's what I'm staring at now: (click for big)

Click the columns dropdown on the top right of the table and check CPC in the menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

the posted:

I have a blog where I post videos about coins. The blog is mostly just a repository for the videos, which I suppose could stand on their own in their Youtube channel.

How do I drive more traffic to my videos or blog, aside from being an idiot Youtuber and/or a girl? Most have between 10-25 views with the highest at ~325. I suppose coins are, in general, a dry topic, but it's a niche, right?

Here is my blog: http://bitsoncoins.wordpress.com/

Well there is not much potential for getting search engine traffic on your posts the way you titled them. Add something to the titles that will show up in a search, like in your newest video you found an old quarter, so you could go with something like "1965 Quarter - Coffee Shop Unboxing". Use your blog to say something about why I should care about that quarter, if it is worth anything, how rare is it, why there isn't a mint mark on it, the fact that the quarter would have been made of silver if it was a year older, anything you can write to get more text on your blog. Check out http://cointrackers.com/coins/496/1965-washington-quarter/ . Google likes TEXT. Transcribe important parts of the video, because Google sees a video and a line of text, and isn't going to care much. Link back to your blog from the Youtube video descriptions and put an annotation at the beginning or end linking there as well.

• Locked thread