Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

FCKGW posted:

My Black Friday blog is picking up steam now. Last year I cracked $1k in a week and I'm hoping to do the same this year :cool:

I really enjoy working on seasonal blogs because I have such a short attention span, it's easier for me to really crank out some content for 2 or 3 weeks and get a big pop before working on the next site. I have a Superbowl related one as well that I'll be working on come January.

This is a good idea, I've been mulling over the idea of doing a deal blog for a while now, but honestly it seems like too much work for me. Last year I played around with amazon affiliate links and made like $200 for doing next to nothing, it was pretty awesome. Unfortunately other affiliate sites require a website, so that looks like my next step, I guess.

I have a reasonable idea, I just need to follow through with it. I don't think a blogger template is going to be good enough for this one, and I've been out of the web design thing for quite some time. So - bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Well I took the leap, got some hosted space and installed wordpress. Of course I was going to do a specific-topic blog first to see how that goes, but of course I jumped right in to doing a "deal blog". I'm not sure that it's going to be even remotely successful, but whatever. Once you have a taste of the sweet sweet affiliate marketing you don't want to go back.

I'm to the point where I want to start changing some design elements of the templates and that means probably switching my templates and having to edit the PHP/CSS manually. And mehhhhhhh, lazy!

edit: Site in question
http://www.hyperboledeal.com

dreesemonkey fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 21, 2011

• Locked thread