Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
It's been a long time since I ran a for-profit blog. In the past, I operated unique, niche blogs that were sometimes ridiculously profitable. What's the goal, these days? $20/month per blog? $100/month? Obviously, it varies wildly, but what's a reasonable return at 30 days, or 60 days? Years ago, I had blogs that went from $0 to four figures in a few weeks, but I am guessing that doesn't happen, anymore, barring a massive fluke.

I know the answer is always "it depends," but if you were to pick a subject of moderate interest at random, would you expect it to generate more than $0 in a month, or three months, or ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
In the good old days, companies like iBill and CCBill provided one-stop solutions for billing, running your own affiliate program, and even managing user databases. Who are the players in that space, now? Does anyone still do it all, or do I need to deal with authorize.net, and install my own affiliate-tracking software, and so on?

• Locked thread