Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AreYouStillThere
Jan 14, 2010

Well you're just going to have to get over that.
Very informative OP, thank you. I took the plunge last night and bought babby's first domain. I have NO idea what I'm doing and it took me about 4 hours to figure out how to get Wordpress on there. But I was very proud of myself when it finally worked! Still needs lots of work, I'll link it when I get it all ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreYouStillThere
Jan 14, 2010

So this may be more obvious than I am making it, but I just started up my blog a week or two ago and I'm still pretty clueless. I only have a few blog entries, but all of a sudden I have all these people who are obviously commenting to get their stuff backlinked. Formulaic responses with a link to their blog in it. At first I was like well at least SOMEBODY is looking at my blog but...well I'm wondering if I should approve these comments or delete them.

AreYouStillThere
Jan 14, 2010

Ok awesome that's what I needed to know. Thanks!

AreYouStillThere
Jan 14, 2010

For some reason I can't get AdSense to work on my site. I posted a couple banners on Saturday, and today they're still not showing up. Could anyone take a look and see what I'm doing wrong? They're just showing up as grey boxes.

AreYouStillThere
Jan 14, 2010

FCKGW posted:

Everything looks good here

Are you using Adblock or Noscript? Did you try opening in another browser or private/incognito mode?

mmm..must be one of those! I thought I allowed it but obviously I need to go back through the options. Thanks a ton for checking it for me.

• Locked thread