Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Crunchtime posted:

I'm only getting like 50 uniques on a good day. But it is only maybe 2-3 weeks old. so I don't really know how to gauge my progress. any tips?

50? Man, I'm hardly getting any and I've been at it for a while. Been reading all the advice and guides and stuff. Maybe I picked a bad subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

No, I mean I have 13 total over 3 weeks. Today I'm going to take a look at my keyword use and see if I can improve anything.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Yeah, I did the article thing, spent about 4 hours on it this week. When do you usually see some results from that?

I'll work on other link building techniques.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Now that you ask it, I guess that's the problem, I'm wishy-washy about my keyword, I think. I have a home brewing blog, but I guess I got caught up in making the site about my favorite hobby more than the strategy. There's a million blogs like this out there, but at least I figured out some of the mechanics and practicalities of putting together a site. It's been helpful since the last time I built a web site was in 1994 (with notepad!).

Anyway, it's http://justmakebeer.com.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Moniker posted:

Try and get 500 word articles in there now and again. Hit about 3% for the keyword that you're targeting. That way when you actually do link building, the ranking will stick.

So, I've done some googling around, and I can't really come up with a consistent definition of "link building". What do you mean by that in general terms?

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Well, after changing my target keyword and my URL to https://justbrewbeer.com, I'm actually doing pretty good. I've gotten to page 4 of Google after starting at page 18, and I'm starting to see actual visitors from search results. I'm up to 100 unique visitors per month from about 15 or so, too, and I've gotten a couple of ad clicks.

Of course I still need to do more. A death in my family had put me behind on posting, but I'm going to try to post every day now. Also, the link building has worked, but I really need to get cracking on that, too.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, and thanks for the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Im curious, what keywords are you targeting/ranking for?

how to brew beer

I understood that it's crowded when I started it but I'm enjoying it so far. Everyone has a homebrewing blog.

• Locked thread