Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
[chavez]
Dec 21, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I'm looking at a specific set of keywords that generate 4400 local searches per month, with 'low' competition, but the CPC is estimated at .38c, and only .01 estimated clicks per day - is this a waste of time? I know the initial guide for this thread said to try and stay above $1 per click. The only reason I ask is because of the # of local searches, plus (as a side note) the exact URL for this phrase is available.

Additionally, for people that run news type blogs about specific hobbies of theirs, how do they manage image rights? Do most people just steal images, or are there specific services they use to purchase images relevant to their blog theme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

[chavez]
Dec 21, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

mcsuede posted:

Pro tip: you actually want High Competition in the Google Adwords Keyword Tool for most niches as that tells you there's profit to be had. Ideally you find a cluster of keywords with high competition but without any one site dominating the niche or top sites which are badly optimized / lack quality backlinks and can be knocked off their pedestal.

As to your second question, legit people use creative commons commercial allowed images and attribute or they buy them from places like istockphoto. However most niche marketers aren't all that ethical and just steal. Don't do this it's slimy, support photographers.

Thanks, that's good information. I've been in the design game long enough that I'd never steal imagery; but having never really had to source images outside of istock/getty/veer, I wasn't sure how people go about getting images when doing blogs about recent sporting events, etc.

• Locked thread