Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Can I get some advice on a simple question. I've been asked to write a weekly article on a mobile phone blog that's part of a webpage that sells second hand mobile phones. Every week I'll wrote an article of my choosing relevant to mobiles and I'll also be asked to write reviews for phones when requested.

They are asking how much I'd expect to be paid for my services. I've not got a clue what to say. I don't want to prove myself out nor do I want to be ripped off.

What would be a good price to offer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Here's a blog I write for a local mobile phone company. The main aim is to just write interesting articles that customers can read and have a feeling that we know what we're talking about.

http://www.freedom-mobiles.com/blog

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

The Swinemaster posted:

Personally, I think it's pretty tacky to remove the credit line on free wordpress themes. Especially for legitimate businesses.

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/lightword

No idea, I just write the blog. They run the site, I'll point this out though.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box

surf rock posted:

Sorry, I read the OP, but I'll admit that I'm not very technically-inclined, so I don't fully understand it. So, by doing the $18 a year conversion WP is offering, I'd be buying a domain from them, which you're saying I shouldn't do. So, just to be clear, I should buy my domain through NameCheap, find a host on SA Mart, and install Wordpress (using the download found here? http://wordpress.org/), if the hosting service I pick doesn't do it for me?

From what I can tell, this means that I would need to repost everything from my current blog on to the new one, right? So, I would lose the comments on my stories and my followers, and I would probably want to buy the "site redirect" feature from WP in order to bring visitors from the old site to my new site.

Is that all correct, or am I missing something? I swear that I'm not being intentionally dense, I'm just very new to all of this. Thank you for your help.

You can export everything from your Wordpress.com account and import it to your hosted version. I did this for a friend a few weeks ago and it was very simple, everything carried over.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Quick question. I've spied two keywords X and Y that I'm interested in working with. The domain name XY.co.uk has been bought by a cyber squatter but yourXY.co.uk is available. Will having 'your' in the title affect SEO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Does anybody here run blogs that are dedicated to: mobiles or iPhones, iPads or tablets, other consumer gadgets, eBay, selling consumer goods privately, or anything related to these?

• Locked thread