Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

rum sodomy the lash posted:

Here you go. Thanks! I downloaded the google analytic plugin which was supposed to put the required script on every page, and I can't figure out why it's not working.

Quick look shows:

getTracker("UA-0000000-0");

Don't think you put your own account number into the plugin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
The link in the op to the recommended plug ins either isn't working or I don't know what I am looking for. I scoured through all of the pages of the thread and picked out the plug ins that people mentioned, is there anything else at this point that is a must have?

Also I am going to try and use one install of WordPress to rebuild a website that was using joomla before, any recommendations for plug ins for a site that will be mostly categorized data, an image gallery, reviews, and a glossary, but using the front page as a news blog?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
If i'm making a blog that will include youtube videos, should the videos be posted on the excerpts on the home page, or only on the full page after you've clicked the read more link?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
Just a quick question, if I have a long blog post, at what point should I split it into excerpt > full post? Also if I include a video such as youtube, should I only put it in the full post, or is in the excerpt on the homepage ok?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
So I'm trying to help my sister set up a website for her husbands capentry/home repair/whatever business. She just wants something that she can post updates, pictures, and user submitted reviews. I figure wordpress will be fine, but I can't seem to find a decent review plugin that will work properly. any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
What is the recommended way of going about changing a domain name? I found a better domain name and want to change it over, without losing what little SEO I may have.

• Locked thread