Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aureliano
May 10, 2006
This is madness, Aurelito
I have a question as a blogging newb. I want to set up a site, and I already bought the domain name off of namecheap. However, the goon host I went to (Lithium) required an EPP code, which namecheap says can't be given out for 60 days.

So... wtf do I do? Am I missing something here or is it really going to take me 2 months just to get set up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aureliano
May 10, 2006
Thanks, I think I accidentally clicked on the wrong button before I clicked on the right one and that's why the EPP code thing popped up, blocking me from registering. Thanks for the info!

Aureliano
May 10, 2006
Awesome, got it all set up and ready to go. For my personal blog, I just used a free theme, but I'm willing to pay for a premium theme for this site... the problem is that the choices are loving DIZZYING. I have no idea what I am looking for in a theme, can anyone give me some advice? Or should I just use a free theme until I know exactly what I need?

My website is going to be used to promote my romance books, so the main components would be:
- a section for new releases
- mailing list signup
- a page with all of my books by category
- ads for e-readers

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

• Locked thread