Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Site: http://thewesker.com

Hey goons, I have recently got my site up and running again and I'm beginning to write content for it regularly. I'm super happy with the design I created with Squarespace, and I have a new drive to create content for it.

My issue is with Google. They don't seem to be crawling my site for articles, even though I have a sitemap setup for it. It seems like I have to submit URLs manually to get Google to look at it. Will Google eventually just pickup on it? Do I just need to be patient?

Obviously this isn't a business for me (I don't make much on the ads) so it's not a big issue but I thought I'd ask for some expertise on this. I've done all of the Google Webmaster Tools checks and everything seems to check out. SEO seems to be good as my articles show up decently with keywords I've tried, I just need to know if I'm missing something when it comes to getting Google to crawl my site.

I'm thinking Google prefers to crawl sites that put up content regularly, and if that's the case then it will just learn overtime now that I'm doing that.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Man, I just switched my blog over from Squarespace to Wordpress and I'm getting a ton more traffic and actual Adsense money. I ran ads on my Squarespace site for 2 weeks, didn't make a single cent. Two days on Wordpress, I'm at least making something. Traffic is spiking too.

Wordpress must just do SEO and Adsense better than Squarespace or something.

I left Squarespace because I found their built-in tools to be quite limited for what I wanted, plus they seem to be moving away from blogs more and more, whereas that used to be their bread and butter. Now I'm finding out that whatever I was doing with Squarespace was actively hurting my blog and I should have been on Wordpress this whole time.

• Locked thread