Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wagoneer
Jul 16, 2006

hay there!
Any of you use multivariate testing to try to optimize advertising placements?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wagoneer
Jul 16, 2006

hay there!

rum sodomy the lash posted:

Google Analytics is not working on my site. I've had it up for several days and despite my site being on the front page of several popular subreddits, having 10 or so comments that aren't spam, and a visitor counter i've been running for 24 hours saying I've had over 200 unique views GA is saying I've never had a single view. Anyone know what could be up?

Post a link - I'll run it through a debugger.

Wagoneer
Jul 16, 2006

hay there!

Cynode posted:

Quick look shows:

getTracker("UA-0000000-0");

Don't think you put your own account number into the plugin.

Not to mention it also wasn't the async version of the code!

Wagoneer
Jul 16, 2006

hay there!
Does anyone have any tips about starting a small niche forum? Are these doomed to fail by default? My niche is completely untapped in this area (no forums exist for it yet); but if it is a laughable endeavor I won't waste my time.

Wagoneer
Jul 16, 2006

hay there!

FCKGW posted:

Niche forum can be very profitable (I'm pretty sure someone has posted about them in this or the old thread), but your main issue is going to be getting members to join and start posting. You won't get very much revenue unless you have a solid community and lots of content, but you won't get many new members to join if your forum is a ghost town.

Sounds about right - any acquisition tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wagoneer
Jul 16, 2006

hay there!

Poster Child posted:

I like where this is going.

Now if only google would approve my adsense application :f5:

Whoa - what strategy did you use to pick your keywords? This is pretty impressive. Is it a Valentines Day site or something?

• Locked thread