Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm looking to get rid of my World of Warcraft CCG collection. If anyone is interested or knows anyone interested just PM me. Most of the class

Here's what I have:

1850 class cards, allies, equipment and quests. I have a breakdown of each class if needed. Most are in used condition with wear along the edges.
Caverns of Time Raid Deck- Treasure Pack is unopened
Icecrown Citadel Raid Deck- Treaure Pack unopened
Shadowfang Keep Dungeon Deck- Treasure Pack opened
The Deadmines Dungeon Deck- Treasure Pack Unopened

If you have any specific questions let me know.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So who else is excited for this new Dragonball Super card game? Anyone else get in on their free demo kit promotion?

If you haven't heard of it, it's very similar to Duel Masters, it just has hero characters for your deck as well. It looks fun and releases at the end of July, and spoilers have already started. They revealed all the commons in the first set on thursday.

http://www.dbs-cardgame.com/

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Huh, that sounds cool, is the demo kit thing goin on still?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The old DBZ card games are a monument to power creep, so hopefully this one will be able to handle it better than actual Dual Masters did.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

Huh, that sounds cool, is the demo kit thing goin on still?

Unfortunately no, it hit the 1000 person limit on Monday. Though you can probably check facebook for any local people that did get it. It's 4 identical half decks.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Heads up for the dbs tcg. The first demo kits are going out now. I say first because they're doing a new promotion soon that the 1000 you got stuff this time, can't enter. So keep an eye on the website!

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
I just did a box opening for my channel (shameless plug) and thought you guys might like to check out the cards. I dont think there are gonna be enough people to warrant its own thread, cuz i know the one i did for panz was a dud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBC3yIJZnyk

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
Anyone heard of Megacorp TCG it looks... different, but also incredibly derivative.

From what I understand you start with a Founder and Corp in play. Then build off adjacently from them and adjacency impacts what you can attack. You can also buy your opponents tapped cards. And the top card of either discard. And the primary resource is persistent across turns and a loss condition and then there are four others as well that don't do either of those things. And those four sub-resources are also combat stats.

I'm both intrigued and convinced never to spend money on it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Anniversary posted:

Anyone heard of Megacorp TCG it looks... different, but also incredibly derivative.

From what I understand you start with a Founder and Corp in play. Then build off adjacently from them and adjacency impacts what you can attack. You can also buy your opponents tapped cards. And the top card of either discard. And the primary resource is persistent across turns and a loss condition and then there are four others as well that don't do either of those things. And those four sub-resources are also combat stats.

I'm both intrigued and convinced never to spend money on it.
I tried to watch that rules video and oh god, trying to listen to a text to speech give a serious rules explanation is loving torture.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

PMush Perfect posted:

I tried to watch that rules video and oh god, trying to listen to a text to speech give a serious rules explanation is loving torture.

Oh wow, they do use that video on their homepage don't they. I don't actually know what's in that video, because I have just about the same reaction as you.

There are other rules explanations on youtube but they're disjointed and long.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
I'm watching the video tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YidF7pD-RYo

The spacial element and the fact that you can buy your opponents' cards are both pretty cool. I know the line art is just for the beta but it'd be cool if they left a couple cards like that.

There's so much stuff to keep track of. It should probably be a software-only game. Each phase has multiple subphases you'll have to return all the cards to their rightful owners after every single game. Lots of possible error points.

also they spelled civilian "civillian" lol

I'd try it.

Wayback
Aug 16, 2004

I'm made of metal
My circuits gleam
I am perpetual
I keep the country clean
Sounds a lot like the Illuminati card game but with more bells and whistles. Curious to see how it turns out.

Wayback fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 27, 2017

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Wayback posted:

Sounds a lot like the Illuminati card game but with more bells and whistles. Curious to see how it turns out.

I played the Illuminati CCG way back when. It was a great beer & pretzels game for a bunch of friends to play, but not so great as a strategy game.

This particular game looks sorta like a riff on Netrunner.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Gynovore posted:

I played the Illuminati CCG way back when. It was a great beer & pretzels game for a bunch of friends to play, but not so great as a strategy game.

On a semi-related note I heard Munchkin was getting a CCG, which itself will be a parody of CCGs. My immediate reaction was a flat "why".

No idea if it's been released yet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The worst part is that it's going to make loving millions.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Bumping to see if anyone's played Lightseekers. It's a unique take on TCGs if only for the sole reason that it isn't a "dude basher". It doesn't have creatures with power and toughness that bash into each other on their way to attack the player. You have a hero card with an ability and some life, and most of the gameplay revolves around cards like this:

This is a Buff. It's a permanent that stays in play. Buffs start in the normal card position, and usually do a thing when you play them. This one does (rotate symbol) damage to any opponent. So right away it's going to deal 1 damage to your opponent. At the start of your turn, you rotate all your Buffs counter-clockwise, then resolve all your Buff cards from left to right. So this one's going to deal 2 damage the next turn, and 2 damage the next turn, and 2 damage again. When a Buff rotates to its starting position or rotates to a blank corner, it gets trashed when you'd go to resolve it.

There's more cards also that basically boil down to sorceries in Magic, and Combo cards that require you to reveal certain elements in your hand and shuffle those revealed cards back into your deck. You get two actions a turn to play cards, and you draw a card for each unspent action at the end of your turn. The art is Hearthstone-lite because it's based on toys and some mobile RPG game that I haven't seen or tried, but at least it's not embarrassing on the level of half-naked anime girls. The guy demoing the game showed us that you can preview the cards in a starter deck by using the app in some neat little augmented reality view.

I don't like that there's exclusive cards in kid toys and starter decks that you need to buy multiple of to get playsets, but if anyone's going to play this competitively they should look into singles. I only scratched the surface of the gameplay with the demos, but it's definitely interesting.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I'm selling off my V:TES collection. I used to play competitively for about ten years, but I haven't had the time in long enough that it's time to let the whole thing go. I have a bunch of auctions for it up on eBay, so feel free to check out the link if you want to get into V:TES or you're looking to juice an existing collection.

BJPaskoff posted:

Bumping to see if anyone's played Lightseekers. It's a unique take on TCGs if only for the sole reason that it isn't a "dude basher". It doesn't have creatures with power and toughness that bash into each other on their way to attack the player. You have a hero card with an ability and some life, and most of the gameplay revolves around cards like this:

This is a Buff. It's a permanent that stays in play. Buffs start in the normal card position, and usually do a thing when you play them. This one does (rotate symbol) damage to any opponent. So right away it's going to deal 1 damage to your opponent. At the start of your turn, you rotate all your Buffs counter-clockwise, then resolve all your Buff cards from left to right. So this one's going to deal 2 damage the next turn, and 2 damage the next turn, and 2 damage again. When a Buff rotates to its starting position or rotates to a blank corner, it gets trashed when you'd go to resolve it.

There's more cards also that basically boil down to sorceries in Magic, and Combo cards that require you to reveal certain elements in your hand and shuffle those revealed cards back into your deck. You get two actions a turn to play cards, and you draw a card for each unspent action at the end of your turn. The art is Hearthstone-lite because it's based on toys and some mobile RPG game that I haven't seen or tried, but at least it's not embarrassing on the level of half-naked anime girls. The guy demoing the game showed us that you can preview the cards in a starter deck by using the app in some neat little augmented reality view.

I don't like that there's exclusive cards in kid toys and starter decks that you need to buy multiple of to get playsets, but if anyone's going to play this competitively they should look into singles. I only scratched the surface of the gameplay with the demos, but it's definitely interesting.

I haven't played this, but I like the idea of a CCG doing new things with the physical cards themselves. There's a lot of game design space in two dimensions of cardboard that most games ignore just to go with the ol' tapping/untapping.

Brofessor Slayton posted:

On a semi-related note I heard Munchkin was getting a CCG, which itself will be a parody of CCGs. My immediate reaction was a flat "why".

No idea if it's been released yet.

noooooooooooooooooooooo

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Railing Kill posted:

I'm selling off my V:TES collection. I used to play competitively for about ten years, but I haven't had the time in long enough that it's time to let the whole thing go. I have a bunch of auctions for it up on eBay, so feel free to check out the link if you want to get into V:TES or you're looking to juice an existing collection.

I haven't played this, but I like the idea of a CCG doing new things with the physical cards themselves. There's a lot of game design space in two dimensions of cardboard that most games ignore just to go with the ol' tapping/untapping.

noooooooooooooooooooooo

And yet you know it will make a shitload of money for SJGames. Like, just boatloads. None of which will get plowed into GURPS.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Hi, my name is Food Court Bailiff, and I really miss Hecatomb.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

kaynorr posted:

And yet you know it will make a shitload of money for SJGames. Like, just boatloads. None of which will get plowed into GURPS.

I don't understand who is buying Munchkin games. I see a dozen different versions at my LGS, and yet no one ever buys them. I never see them in people's game collections. No one ever brings them to meet-ups. I don't think I've seen anyone play a single game of Munchkin in almost ten years.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

Railing Kill posted:

I don't understand who is buying Munchkin games. I see a dozen different versions at my LGS, and yet no one ever buys them. I never see them in people's game collections. No one ever brings them to meet-ups. I don't think I've seen anyone play a single game of Munchkin in almost ten years.

I had a friend who thought Munchkin Axe Cop was the funniest loving thing she'd ever seen. Every time we hung out she'd insist everyone play it, and usually we would. But then she'd keep wanting to play it, for hours, all night; every time she hung out with someone who hadn't played it she'd rope them (and the rest of us) into it too. There's like 4 monkeycheese jokes in that fuckin' game. Eventually a buddy burned it and told her he lost it on a camping trip lol

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I Used to play munchkin a lot as a teen, it was always really fun. Though the day I saw Munchkin Pathfinder, as in based on the Pathfinder RPG, I realized I was done with it. I've never seen a game jump the shark like that before, it was amazing.

I do know people still play because I saw add last spring for a "tournament series" featuring games like munchkin and king of tokyo. So now you can imagine what a munchkin tournament player must be like.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Railing Kill posted:

Munchkin is kind of a red-headed stepchild. It's full of jokes lampooning gaming in general and D&D in particular, so only gamers will get it. OTOH, it's not a deep strategy game so it doesn't appeal to grognards. The only real audience is for a D&D group who just smoked a doobie and cracked open a case of Rolling Rock, and want something light-hearted and easy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Where can I needed these grognards with actual taste in games

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Gynovore posted:

Munchkin is kind of a red-headed stepchild. It's full of jokes lampooning gaming in general and D&D in particular, so only gamers will get it. OTOH, it's not a deep strategy game so it doesn't appeal to grognards. The only real audience is for a D&D group who just smoked a doobie and cracked open a case of Rolling Rock, and want something light-hearted and easy.

All the boardgamers I know hate the fuckin thing because the thin humor wears off 10 minutes into the game. And if you're playing with any more than three people who are all trying to win, then the game takes two loving hours. A friend of mine calls it, "twenty minutes of fun in a two hour box."

The idea of a Munchkin CCG or Munchkin tabletop game is even worse. Like, just play the actual games they're lampooning, just... with a sense of humor.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I think a Munchkin TCG actually has more promise than the Munchkin boxed card game. I think the humor is cute, but I'm not a roleplayer, just a card flipping nerd who sees a lot of the jokes the game references in D&D players at the shop.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Gynovore posted:

Nah, my group hates it too.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

(shrug) I think Munchkin is pretty cool, most of my friends seem to like it. Good party game, works well when you have a mix of maybe a few people who play D&D and a few people who have never played D&D.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Munchkin is a perfect sign that whoever's brought it out doesn't actually know/have any good games. See also: Cards Against Humanity.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Last time I played Munchkin was because our friends 12 year old begged to play it, he hadn't gotten to play it in a long time. Game almost ended in a fist fight between me and another grown rear end adult. gently caress Munchkin.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Munchkin is a perfect sign that whoever's brought it out doesn't actually know/have any good games. See also: Cards Against Humanity.

Well, I'm right there with you on the CAH hate. If I ever see that game again it will be too loving soon.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I think munchkin would be an okay if it actually lasted the 10 minutes it was supposed to.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
Final Fantasy TCG is a lot of fun to play, unfortunately the issues stated last year have yet to be rectified, it is almost as though Square-Enix picked the first company on the west coast that said they had a nationwide supply chain and gave them an exclusive deal!

Nationals happened, Singapore had Regionals and Nationals, we got... 200 people can fly themselves to California and hope for the best.

Stock... has not improved. Starter decks are almost impossible to find (outside of online, but if your tcg is "that one you can only buy on the internet" good luck forming any live scene) Though they are apparently going to reprint the first couple expansions and starters.

The rumor come out, though, that Square is not pleased with how GTS is handling their end, so we may see some improvement once the contract expires.

So yeah, it is a lot like the good old days of FF11, JP ONRY and waiting for weeks in the snow.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

BJPaskoff posted:

I really enjoyed Lightseekers. I demo'd it at PAX Unplugged and I'm speculating pretty heavily on it. I love the idea. I'm stocking up on sealed product and building some full sets. I hope it picks up and replaces FoW entirely. It's got some neat depth while still being pretty kid-friendly.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I like collecting cheap defunct CCGs, especially Japanese ones, but now I just have a ton of them taking up space that I値l never play. I知 thinking of making a sort of dead CCG museum type of site where I just have scans of all the cards I have from dead series.

2 questions
1 - Where would be the best place online to get free hosting for a bunch of CCG scans?
2 - Anyone want to inherit a bunch of Japanese trading cards after I scan them all? I値l only ask for the cost of shipping them all (I知 in the US). Otherwise I might just dump them. Also this could be an ongoing thing as I buy more cards, scan them and send them along.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What kinds of games?

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Just random Japanese ones I致e picked up over the years.
Heroes Placement
Puzzle and Dragons
Fire Emblem Cypher
Wixoss
Aquarian Age
Weiss Schwarz

I知 planning on getting more random series whenever I find booster boxes for dirt cheap.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Weiss Schwarz is DEFINITELY not a dead CCG

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Right you are, neither are Wixoss or Fire Emblem. I'd probably be posting up just Aquarian Age, Heroes Placement and Puzzle and Dragons. For now. I'm always on the look out for other games that get dirt cheap when they stop being played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How do the DBZ and Dragonball Super ccgs compare? I noticed the Super one is put out by Bandai so I'm guessing it's just the Japanese one translated.

• Locked thread