Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

sweek0 posted:

For Turkish you should go to Harringay. Anywhere on Green Lanes is pretty fantastic. Antepliler is probably one of the best ones out there.

A hundred times this, I used to live 2 minutes from Green Lanes.

Hala is very good but kinda grungy inside, Diyarbakir is amazing. And So. Cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

Double Happiness posted:

Has anyone ever been to "The Diner" in Camden? I'm seeing very mixed reviews online.

It's kind of meh, the chilli cheese fries and the hard shakes are good though.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Went to Hache last night and thought it was pretty good. OMG, the onion rings.

For those of you who are in Crouch End/Hornsey/Finsbury Park there is an AWESOME Thai place on Hornsey High Street called Thai Neung. Some of the best Thai I've ever had. The restaurant itself isn't much to write home about but delivery is all good.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

therattle posted:

We ordered from them on Monday. Either they were having a bad night or you don't know poo poo about food. Vegetable dumplings were fine, and had a very good ginger sauce. The pad thai was far too sweet (and I really like sweetness), and had no contrasting sour or acidic elements to balance it - just sweetness. This contrasted with the ginger mushroom stirfry, which was almost inedibly salty (and again, I like salty, and usually add salt to food, but this was gross). The green curry had a good flavour, which was aided by the lovely hairs I found in it (see pics below). We accidentally ordered two green curries, and had leftovers from the pad thai and stirfry, which was fine as we thought we'd have leftovers the next night, but it all went in the bin. I was disgusted. It was really loving bad. I am going to complain, but I don't want a free meal, as I never want food from there again.

Jesus Christ, its clearly gone downhill in the last six months. I've always been impressed with it in the past and so have a lot of friends etc. Shame.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Managed to score a free breakfast at Wahaca Charlotte Street this weekend as part of their opening. If their other food is anything to go by it's going to be delicious!

:)

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Free breakfast! New menu!

I follow their twitter and it had a link to sign up. 50 places went in about 2 minutes though. They're doing it Saturday and Sunday.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Went to Kerbisher & Malt in Ealing Broadway on Saturday (there is also a branch in Shepherds Bush) and it was definitely in the top three best fish and chip meals I've ever had. I'm from NZ and we're big on fish and chips so this is really saying something. The whole meal came to less than a tenner and the portions were HUGE.

Must go back soon.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Don't know but the rose lemonade was off the hook.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

Bollock Monkey posted:

Any suggestions for a Chinese/Thai place that delivers to N4? I have a poorly partner in need of tasty comfort.

Fantasy in N16 is awesome and delivers to N4, it's pretty cheap too.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Love Tokyo diner, been wanting to try Dotori as it's just down the road from me now but haven't managed it yet.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
This place is opening up near Brunswick very soon, their pics on FB look drat good:

http://www.burgerandshake.co.uk/

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

Spuckuk posted:

I need a pub recommendation.

Somewhere within striking distance of Paddington that does interesting/great beer. I know sweet FA about the area!

Actually, if anyone knows some less well known places in central that would be good for tanking up some out of towners who love belgian beer, that would be awesome as well.

The Mitre between Paddington and Lancaster Gate is really good. :)

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Ended up going to Yo! Sushi in Camden for their all you can eat Sunday dealio. £19.50 for as much sushi as you can shove in your gullet as well as water, green tea and miso in an hour.

Although I realise Yo! Isn't the most amazing sushi around it was a pretty good deal and they didn't skimp on the more expensive plates or variety. I do like the idea of being able to devour as much salmon sashimi as is humanly possible. I've been to the Hi Sushi one too and this was better.

Between two of us we managed to destroy what would have cost £100. YMMV.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

Masonity posted:

Tonight is their opening night. I popped my head in hoping they were set up for takeaway.

They won't be set up for takeaways for a week or two (so unless we do a big lunch there or something we won't get to try them until January) which was a shame. So instead it's GBK for dinner tonight. Luckily it's pretty much right next door in the Brunswick.

Went for dinner with some friends last night! Only a teeny little place but was quite busy. The burgers were to die for- juicy, flavoursome, good pickles and bacon. Fries were also really good and the coleslaw was delicious- tangy and finely sliced and not drowning in sauce.

We had the shakes as well, salted caramel and strawberry were excellent and they also do boozy/cocktail style shakes which sounded good. Didn't try the hot dogs but will definitely do that next time. The only dessert on the menu was the peanut butter cheesecake which was insanely rich, like a giant Reeses Cup.

Price wise it's about the same as Byron but I liked this much much more.

I kind of want it to stay a secret but it's too good not to share.

:burger:

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Tayabbs or Needoo

And no. God no. Go West to Shepherds Bush or Ealing and try Kerbisher and Malt, it's amazingly good (and cheapish).

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Burger & Shake at Russell Square. Been there twice now, so freakin' good.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
There is a cosy little Italian place in Kentish Town called Delicious which is cheap, nice and laid back- someone took me on a date there once. :)

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

therattle posted:

Vagabond on Stroud Green Road N4
Flat White on Berwickstrasse W1
Milk Bar on Bateman Street W1
Kaffeine on Gt Titchfield St W1
Tapped & Packed, Rathbone Place and top of Tottenham Court Rd, W1
Lantana, Charlotte Place W1
Prufrock on Leather Lane EC1
Coffee Circus N8

Allpress - Redchurch Street, Shoreditch
Sacred - Holloway Road, Westfield and Covent Garden
Kopapa - Covent Garden
The Tapa Room - Marylebone
Scooter Cafe - Waterloo/Lambeth North

all need to be added as top notch coffee/brunch places

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

angor posted:

Does anyone know if Burger and Shake has a veggie option on their menu? Facebook suggests they trialled one a little while ago but not sure if that stuck.

Also, can anyone recommend anything cheap-ish (10-15pp) near Hyde Park?

From memory, I don't think so, I shall have a look at their menu next time I'm walking by.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

angor posted:

Does anyone know if Burger and Shake has a veggie option on their menu? Facebook suggests they trialled one a little while ago but not sure if that stuck.

Also, can anyone recommend anything cheap-ish (10-15pp) near Hyde Park?

I walked past today and they do have a veggie burger. :)

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
You must try The Tapa Room in Marylebone or it's sister restaurant Kopapa in Covent Garden. I rate them over Lantana for brunch.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

NLJP posted:

The Pride of Spitalfields is an old school pub with great pub cat can be found just off brick lane. 3 Heneage Street.

A couple of decent ales on but overall it's just a nice place to pop into and I repeat that the cat owns.

Love this place. Cat is very aloof though. :(

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I had some excellent Allpress coffee and a very nice cupcake at the sickenly twee Primrose Bakery in Camden today, highly recommend it.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

pointsofdata posted:

Bubbledog maybe? Looks interesting, I've never been but has ok reviews.

Everyone I know who has been has said it's poo poo, overpriced and not worth the wait.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Who else has tried Flat Iron in Soho? I was most impressed to get a decent 200g steak, salad and beef dripping fries with a drink for under £20. It's another one of those no booking places that always has a queue but the beef dripping popcorn over drinks alone was worth it.

I also finally tried Lucky Chip now that it has started a residency at the Grafton in Kentish Town, burgers were very, very good and they have a load of decent craft beers too.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Flat Iron isn't such a great idea for a date, you're literally squished in between other people at bench seats.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Friend of a friend is opening a cafe in Tufnell Park soon, Vietnamese/French. Free BYO in the evenings too!

http://cardiganclubcafe.co.uk/

:)

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I thought Hache was overrated.

Bring on Five Guys and Shake Shack in a few weeks.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

What kind of food could we get here that we couldn't back in the states?

Decent curry.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I really want to go get a concrete after work but I don't want to wait in line :(

I tried Dirty Burger for the first time on Saturday and wasn't blown away, it's good but nothing amazing. It was also about 45 degrees inside and my man friend left about two thirds of his pint because we just wanted to get the gently caress out of there.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I'm going on Friday for a late lunch, hopefully it will be quiet.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Went to Five Guys last night, only had to wait about 10 minutes for our food. Thought the burger was exceptionally decent (cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, mayo, onions, ketchup, mustard) but the fries were overpriced, soggy and terrible, didn't fancy the cajun spice either. The 100+ flavour coke machine was cool.

Then we wandered down to Shake Shack and got a concrete each which was insanely overpriced at £4 for a cup of icecream. The service there seemed really disorganised with a shitload of staff kind of standing around.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I really enjoyed St John's Bread and Wine when I went for lunch awhile back. :)

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Has anyone been to Street Feast since it's it has been in Dalston Yard?

Highlights have included Ribman, Yum Jungle, Honest Burger, Dogtown and I love the popcorn shrimp from Redhook. There's also a nifty gin bar around the back.

This weekend's vendors: http://www.streetfeastlondon.com/#!blank/c1qke

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Sounds gimmicky as hell to me.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Thats so awesome. :3:

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
Had Bukowski burger in Shoreditch over the weekend, definitely up there in terms of taste but was so messy I went through about a hundred napkins. Bottom bun lacked structural integrity under the weight of sauces and juiciness and just disintegrated. Triple cooked beef dripping chips were out of this world.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

tentish klown posted:

This probably isn't the right place to ask, but what the hell. The Rotary bar/diner off Old St roundabout is closing at Christmas while the site is being redeveloped - does anyone know where the temporary replacement bar will be?
If you haven't been, try it out. The food is pretty good, and there is a bar downstairs (ask one of the staff) that does amazing cocktails.

They're heavily involved with Street Feast in Hoxton/Dalston that was happening all Summer and apparently there's a Winter version of it on the way once they decide on location so lots of the food/cocktails will likely be available at that. :)

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I work in a super fancy old Regency building and we have all the facilities to do it in our ballroom. Our chef is awesome and the budget is good though so it'll be nice. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Rodizio Rico tomorrow night for me. Very excited to try all the meats.

Don't get distracted by the salad bar and sides.