Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
If you're looking for somewhere a little fancier I can heartily recommend The Gilbert Scott which is Marcus Wareing's new place in St Pancras Renaissance Hotel. I went there with the other half in August for our anniversary and it was fantastic. The room is beautiful and the staff weren't as stuffy as I'd feared. We had the rib of beef (for two) which was simply stunning - even if you had to order all the side separately as it came with none. 3 courses + wine came to about £150 which was a little less than I was expecting.

If you do go you absolutely must go to the cocktail bar afterwards and try their "1873" cocktail. One of the best I've tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
Has anyone been to Dinner at the Mandarin recently? I went on the opening night and I'm heading back in a week. Just fishing for recommendations for main courses as I wasn't massively impressed with what I had last time!

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes

Neris posted:

Out of interest, why are you going back to somewhere insanely expensive that didnt impress you, when there are so many other insanely expensive potentially-amazing restaurants in London?

Oh no don't get me wrong, I was incredibly impressed by it - the whole experience was fantastic. I just wish I'd picked a different main course!