Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owithey
Aug 16, 2009
West London goon here (Acton), another good place in Kingston is El Peyote. Pretty good Mexican food and excellent Mojitos. I loved Tony Roma's when I was in Japan, but the Kingston one seems a little hit and miss, sometimes the ribs come out super tender, other times really tough.

To the people heading to Shepherd's Bush there's the massive westfield there with a ton of restaurants, all pretty run of the mill though. If you get the tube a couple of stops out to Ealing Broadway there are a couple of good restaurants. Osteria del Portico is excellent and really cheap, they do a two course lunch with wine for £10 last time I checked. Wine and Moussaka is good if a little more pricey. La Siesta does some pretty good Spanish food, the tapas deal they've got is nice if you want to try a load of different stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owithey
Aug 16, 2009
Going the other way from the market/river there in Camden is a Brewdog pub. Only do 2 things, pizza and burgers, but both are pretty good. The beers they do there are great aswell.

I have to go to the Japanese Embassy on Friday. Do any of you guys know a good place to eat or drink near Green Park area? I know meat liquor is nearish, but I really would prefer not to queue. A good craft beer pub near there would be great.

Owithey
Aug 16, 2009
Looks good, maybe I'll head there next time.

Owithey
Aug 16, 2009

Neris posted:

What's a good pub for food in London Bridge-ish-area? Or a mid-range restaurant?

Borough Market has a couple of good pubs for food, they can get pretty busy on Fridays and Saturdays though. The Wheatsheaf does a street food style bbq which is pretty good and cheap. Not really a pub but Katzenjammers does good German beer and food. I haven't been but Brindisa is meant to be good tapas as well. It's difficult to go wrong around that area.