Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveP
Apr 25, 2011

therattle posted:

El Parador on Eversholt St is a tapas place with an extensive and fairly imaginative veggie menu (although I have not been there for years, to be sure).

Bit late to the party but I went there a few weeks ago in a party of about 18, on the whole good food and happy staff but I'd have to say some parts were a little bland and they burnt a Chorizo dish quite badly. I'd give them a solid 7/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveP
Apr 25, 2011
I imagine it being full of Nathan Barley clones

bravo

DaveP fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 19, 2012

DaveP
Apr 25, 2011
Headed to Meat Liquor tomorrow, can't find a menu anywhere, what's the general prices?

DaveP
Apr 25, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

£7-9 per burger if I remember. Fries about £4?

Yeah about right -Sides about 6-7, beer 4-5 and cocktails around 8

Bloody loved it (but then I am probably the target market), got down at 6am so totally skipped the idea of a queue (and enough time to get a few beers in first), went for the Dead Hippy burger and the beaut chicken wings, washed down by some of the great 'House Grog' (rum, rum and more rum.. and some pineapple) -stepping outside of the dark neon interior, realising it's 8:20 and light outside and I'm wasted and the queue that we avoided now stretched most of the way down the road

Better than Haché, but then it's also a different audience

DaveP
Apr 25, 2011
Only places worth visiting in Camden market are the Coffee Circus stands and the Italian pasta stand outside Gilgamesh -Coffee Circus make bloody good coffee and the pasta stand is probably the freshest thing you'll get, the rest is either a greasy melange of leftovers from the day before or way expensive for what it is

(worked at an office backing on to the market for a year)

Camden on the whole isn't the sketchiest place, it's just a bit of a loving dive that smells weird and has annoying crust bums

The other week went to Cuba Libre in Islington, http://www.cubalibrelondon.co.uk/

Really great food and drinks -and generous happy-hour 2-for-£6 cocktails. Lots of very nicely cooked cassava (half way between a potato and a parsnip), gloriously tender meat and a few bloody strange avoidable entries on the menu (Half a pineapple.. with prawns.. and cheese)

DaveP fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jul 11, 2012

DaveP
Apr 25, 2011
Anyone been to flat iron's new permanent restaurant over in soho yet? Been getting all the spam messages from them since they opened their permanent home (was a popup in the owl and pussycat in shoreditch beforehand)

DaveP
Apr 25, 2011
I got a lot of love for the Liberty of Norton Folgate, tucked into the side of Broadgate tower. Whether its the delicious coffee, really friendly staff who remember a name and a face in a day, huge almond crossaints or the nice furniture and neat light fixture (of what I remember its the chemical formula for caffeine)

(or perhaps that its the place where I interviewed for my current job -and became the regular coffee spot for my first couple months there),

I got feels for the place. Closed at the weekends for all of January though, odd.

Also good to see some love for coffee circus -at my old job our office was based just off Camden market, the stream of young, talented baristas that passed through coffee circus' Camden market stands giving us £1 americanos (some of the best I've ever had, no less) and £1.30 cappucinos (let alone in the dead winter months) brought a welcome shot of energy and a bit of fun to the morning

DaveP fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jan 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveP
Apr 25, 2011
Recents:
Ate at Hix in soho, went for porterhouse steak with a lady friend with full trimmings, definitely the best steak I've ever ate. Great service, nice decor, all round pretty awesome.

Clove Club's taster menu in shoreditch is tasty but very.. Minimal in terms of portion sizes. Not really a full meal by the end of it. Lush fish

Porky's in Camden does fairly average BBQ, the pulled pork burger is good but I wouldn't recommend much more of it

Callooh Callay's shoreditch cocktails are really, really good. Go!

Hawksmoor might be doing a pop-up in wapping soonish