Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YourCreation
Jan 4, 2004

A little creative surgery helps turn a few sick pets into a new and improved friend!
How did I only just find this thread? I live in Camden and am always looking for good eats.

Two great places I would recommend that I did not see mentioned:

Machiavelli near Covent Garden. They have an ever changing menu and the food is always excellent.

The Whistling Shop on Worship Street. Another very cool speakeasy that does a lot of in-house distilling and creation of flavors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YourCreation
Jan 4, 2004

A little creative surgery helps turn a few sick pets into a new and improved friend!

Neris posted:

edit: btw what's the best manky Chinese food in soho? I went to one yesterday in desperation after critical mass which was £4.95 for all you can eat but it was pretty dire. Would be good to know one which is still kind of gross greasy takeaway style but a step up from that...

The lady and I really like The Mayflower by the Queen's Theatre. Food is always very fast and you'll have about 10 waiters. I imagine take out is quite quick. The peppered beef is fantastic.

The rule is never go to a buffet under £7 and always pick the busiest one as the food is the freshest.

YourCreation
Jan 4, 2004

Blasphemy! The food stands by the canal in Camden market all have superb food. I make a special trip on the weekends to get the Arepas. I recommend them with black beans, beef, plantains, and cheese. The hungarian spinach, cheese, and sausage wrap is also pretty fantastic. Don't forget to stop by Chin Chin for some pretty super ice cream afterwards. I avoid the Stables like the plague though.

Therattle, I usually just get small things from lots of different stands at Borough. I think that's the best way to play it. Then you can sit in the church yard and just chill and eat.

The lady and I ate at Cuba Libre recently and the meat was great but everything else was pretty bad. She's Nicaraguan so we know our spanish food.

YourCreation
Jan 4, 2004

pointsofdata posted:

I've just moved to an even dodgier part of camden to where I was previously. I still don't know anywhere good to eat nearby either, are there any good restaurants within a 10 minute walk of say Camden Town station?

Woody Grill is great if you're looking for a quick kebab or falafel.
Chicco's on the high street near Plender has some amazing italian food.
Maharaji is probably the best Indian food in Camden and that's pretty close as well.
Hache Burger is good if you enjoy good food and bad service.

YourCreation
Jan 4, 2004

RazorBunny posted:

If any of you Londoners are fans of My Drunk Kitchen, Hannah Hart is in London right now and will be doing some tweetup-type stuff.

Whaaaat? Awesome! Apparently she's doing a G+ handout in 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YourCreation
Jan 4, 2004

Has anyone been paying attention to Groupon recently? They have had some great deals for eating out in London.