Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

Neris posted:

Actually was chatting to someone about the food in Camden quite recently, who's not really a proper veggie but the only time they were craving a good burger meal, they actually travelled to Camden for the Diner, so might be worth checking out! (though if it is a good burger in camden you're after, i personally think Haché is awesome)

The Diner is nothing to write home about, I was pretty underwhelmed last time I was there. For a much better - and cheaper - burger in Camden go to Brewdog on Bayham Street, over on the other side of the tube station. Also a lot of strong beers, if you like that kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

madlilnerd posted:

Has anyone been to Tapping the Admiral? I have been dreaming about doing a ale trail round my locale, starting with Euston Tap and ending with The Southampton Arms, with BrewDog and Tapping the Admiral en route.

I went there shortly after it opened, seemed like a nice enough place with a good range of beers. I was mostly struck by their space-age beer garden, which was kind of incongruous - the inside was decorated with all the old victoriana advertising stuff taken from the Sir Richard Steele when it changed hands. NB I'm told the sale of the Steele to some bland pub chain financed purchase of Tapping the Admiral and the Railway Tavern on St. Jude St in Dalston.

On the subject of pub touring, I can vouch for some of my locals - the Pineapple (lovely old building, good beer, bit pricey), the Junction (also pricey, nice garden) and the Boston Arms (a rough place, lovely beers except the guiness, but it's very cheap).

Hey, while writing this I just noticed that the Grafton Arms on Price of Wales road is open again after a long refurbishment. Early reviews seem fairly positive, I'll go and check it out this weekend.

Mousepractice fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 5, 2012

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

The worst chips I ever had in my life were from Nandos in the Brunswick Centre. By contrast, I had take-out from Chicken Shop the other night, and it was top stuff. Really crunchy chips, well-roasted juicy bird, and good hot sauce. I reckon it works better as a takeaway, eating in there is a little too cramped. Just don't bother getting the salad or slaw to take home, both are easily replicated at home in seconds.

On the subject of takeaway (in the eating out thread, no less), is anyone else a fan of Kris Wines on York Way? If you're anywhere near Camden Road / Holloway / Kentish it's an important destination. They stock more amazing beers than you could hope to sample in one blurry, cirrhotic lifetime.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

It might have already come up ITT but anyone who likes food should immediately hit Shoe Shop for extremely good modern cooking at stupid low prices. Try the veal brains with roquito peppers, or the pig's trotters.