Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
Thanks to whoever recommended the ROKA tasting menu above. Went there over the weekend for the best sushi I have had in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Beachcomber posted:

Is it bad manners here to show up a few minutes before your reservation? They keep giving us looks and having us sit or go to the bar.

We don't mind either, except the looks.

No. The looks must be for some other reason. Were you wearing an obnoxious outfit/trying to put on a local accent?

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

Torquemada posted:

I don’t think it was ever a solid unbroken loop, I thought it looked like an Olympic running track or an omega with no gap in the straight bit at the bottom?

It was a loop until the extension out to Hammersmith (I caught it in the wrong direction once as a teenager in the late 90’s).

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

Mammalian posted:

Nightjar looks amazing, the exact sort of place SO and I would like to spend an evening. One question though: where is it exactly? Looking on google maps I just see random high street shops where it says Nightjar should be, I understand it's in a basement but where is the entrance?

It’s a totally nondescript door sandwiched between two other shops. There’s a small brass plate with a picture of a nightjar.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

The all-you can eat BBQ place next to New Malden station is cheap but the food is a bit iffy, Han has the dodgy karaoke bar, Kang Nam will fry an entire chicken for you for about £10 (though I’d check the receipt - they ‘accidentally’ put an extra £5 on the card machine last time I was there), Yammi is all-around excellent , the others I don’t really know.

Also you should never, under any circumstances, drink soju.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

Hopper posted:

Wait what? You can't just leave that unexplained like that.

It’s an urban legend.