Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Brother Entropy posted:

Well, if she can air X-Factor will she even need to teleport? No chip damage during X-Factor and all.

I know, I'm just wondering if she can punish you for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
UMvC3 Preview video with Mike Ross and Combofiend (filling in for Gootecks):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF7jszmkP3o&feature=player_embedded

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
So ready to BIONIC BOMBER you guys in the launch day tournament.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

FSLink posted:

So is there a Google Doc or something of XBL/PSN info of goons who are going to play UMvC3?

I don't know, but my XBL is ParallaxScroll. I'm like intermediate level I guess.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

Well, if she can air X-Factor will she even need to teleport? No chip damage during X-Factor and all.

Air XF won't get her out of it if it still works, it's a 1f setup and doesn't allow for any action since it happens specifically after her revival animation. Spidey UWT resets are better now since they're actually impossible to airdash out of now too, so the question is simply if the hitbox will still hit Phoenix.

Spidey is looking buff as gently caress in Ultimate though. Off a UWT you can solo combo into a 850k damage combo. He's still got the same frame advantage off his web zip now instead of being negative so he's basically got a really disgusting way to get in and start pressuring.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fereydun posted:

Air XF won't get her out of it if it still works, it's a 1f setup and doesn't allow for any action since it happens specifically after her revival animation. Spidey UWT resets are better now since they're actually impossible to airdash out of now too, so the question is simply if the hitbox will still hit Phoenix.

Well yeah, but I was responding to someone asking about DHCing into Ice Storm, not UWT set-ups(which is apparently impossible now?).

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Can someone give me some advice on why I can't catch them on the 2nd land of my Doom buk combo?

lovely cell video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zavx8YAxEG0

I feel like I'm not getting the j.M after the 2nd launcher fast enough, or I'm not letting them drop enough when I land the first time. Maybe it's both.

Also, is it better to let the j.M rock after the launch and hit fully, or should I cancel to the foot dive ASAP?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Kageneko posted:

Can someone give me some advice on why I can't catch them on the 2nd land of my Doom buk combo?

lovely cell video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zavx8YAxEG0

I feel like I'm not getting the j.M after the 2nd launcher fast enough, or I'm not letting them drop enough when I land the first time. Maybe it's both.

Also, is it better to let the j.M rock after the launch and hit fully, or should I cancel to the foot dive ASAP?

Your jM after launcher is too late, your jM after addf is to early.

Cut the jM after launcher down to a single hit, instead of 2 hits. It'll make the whole thing a lot easier.

The biggest thing is your jM's after addf, doing them way way to early.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 13, 2011

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

You forgot to link the old OP.

Oops. Thanks.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Repostin' dis:

:megaman: UMVC3 LAUNCH DAY TOURNAMENT :megaman:

:itjb: Xbox sign-up! :itjb: | :spidey: PS3 sign-up! :spidey:

We're running it on both consoles at the same time (10PM Eastern) - we'll be organizing from the IRC channel listed on the sign-up pages

Rules and other stuff are also on the sign-up page. It doesn't cost anything to sign-up and play! Lightning Kimba and Zexerous have offered to put up prizes! First place in either tournament gets you a free forums upgrade of your choice! (up to a $10 value) - Any questions please just ask, either here or in the IRC channel (if you don't already hang out there anyway, come join us).

By popular request I have added a rule requiring at least one new-to-UMvC3 character be a part of your team at all times for the 0-day tournament. Goons willing, we'll have a stream for one or both tournaments up for everybody to watch so you can still expect to have some fun watching (GET HYPE) even if you get knocked out early or just want to hang out and watch! Plus there's all the lobbies for casuals that are sure to spring up. Get at this!

Trykt fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 13, 2011

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Turns out I had the tourney info and link to the old thread saved in another text file. Fixed.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

FSLink posted:

Mike Ross: In just a few days, the greatest game to ever come out will be in our hands.

Combofiend: Man that already happened. CVS2.

That combofiend fellow seems like a swell chap.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!
Great OP, Strider's letter was a :master:

But who's "that kermit the frog looking DUMBASS" in Nova's intro?

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Fereydun posted:

Spidey is looking buff as gently caress in Ultimate though. Off a UWT you can solo combo into a 850k damage combo. He's still got the same frame advantage off his web zip now instead of being negative so he's basically got a really disgusting way to get in and start pressuring.

Here's what Fereydun's talking about with regards to some of this Spidey stuff, I posted it in the now defunct MVC3 thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjYtJ5qh6_M&feature=youtu.be

All hail UMVC3, btw, game is really fun.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Groghammer posted:

Great OP, Strider's letter was a :master:

But who's "that kermit the frog looking DUMBASS" in Nova's intro?

I'm guessing Skrull cause he's green and has a ball super.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

FSLink posted:

The Mike Ross/Jago "rivalry" is the best in the FGC.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Can't help but smile like an idiot while watching the Cross Counter UMVC3 preview. Mike Ross and Combofiend have too much chemistry.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Combofiend is half black half filipino? Finally it makes sense.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Ybrik posted:

I'm guessing Skrull cause he's green and has a ball super.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the OTHER space cop, Green Latrine.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Great OP. I'm still gonna pick the same drat three people in this game though. Can't wait to face air dash spammers online so i can mop the floor with them with a simple sentinel j.M.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
ATTN CAPCOM:

You see this poo poo right here? THIS IS NOT OKAY.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Mike Ross and Combofiend is like Mike Ross and Gootecks except better.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

ATTN CAPCOM:

It's almost comforting on some level, knowing that with all these new changes at least one thing remains concrete.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

ATTN CAPCOM:

Jesus, that is ridiculous.

So that means, if for any reason you taunt during the match, you're an even bigger idiot for doing so?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ATTN CAPCOM:

Man, I KNEW keeping Wesker in Ultimate would pay off. :allears:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I can not loving wait for Tuesday.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

ATTN CAPCOM:

That's crazy, but I do see an issue with it. There's one hit to confirm it (the j.S) before the Cobra Strike, and I'm guessing it's punished if he does the teleport forward on block. Of course he can teleport backwards and be safe, but that drops the combo. Teleporting above you would drop the combo as well but maybe reset it.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
I've been playing for the last couple of days, and, as everyone I've played with in the past can attest to, I'm pretty bad.

I've settled on Nova/X/Strider for now with Doom being the obvious second there. I know not everyone has their hands on the game yet, but I just can't figure out a good second. I've tried Frank for shopping cart/level 3-4 combo attempts, but TACing isn't reliable enough for that and Frank has a hard time opening people up with the strider assist I've found since there's only the one hit so his roll can't cross up.

So, I'm rather stumped as to what'd give my team some synergy. My inner chen says to take Felicia for her rolling buckler assist since hit block or miss it makes air human rocket punch pretty safe while at the same time setting them up for a follow up combo on hit.

Anyone have any other ideas that I can flail uselessly around with? :shobon:

Keep in mind I have no scene here and I play online :twisted:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

This is probably the most comprehensive and detailed fighting game OP of all time

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Amazing OP. Also, holy poo poo at the last post in the vanilla thread. Perfect goodbye.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Brosnan posted:

- Sogenmu D-Loop is removed, as the moves come out quicker (doesn't OTG -> launch anymore.)

Aw, man, that suc-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rV55zM6vew (last combo)

...Uh huh.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

ATTN CAPCOM:

This wouldn't be a problem if mortals weren't so WEAK :c00l:

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ

Cinroth posted:

This wouldn't be a problem if mortals weren't so WEAK :c00l:

That reminds me, Frank seems to cut off his own line with the shopping cart hyper, Wesker-style.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Justin Wong: Wesker/Vergil/Strider "the team to pick"

https://twitter.com/!/JWonggg/status/135645939200303106

I had already kinda been thinking about this team, tbh. On paper, Wesker/Vergil/literally any assist character is gonna be pretty goddamn monstrous though.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Writing the "Dear Victor" letter made me think that I should run some sort of "reverse clockw0rk" team with Doom in the front and Strider as anchor.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Sade posted:

Justin Wong: Wesker/Vergil/Strider "the team to pick"

https://twitter.com/!/JWonggg/status/135645939200303106

I had already kinda been thinking about this team, tbh. On paper, Wesker/Vergil/literally any assist character is gonna be pretty goddamn monstrous though.

Dear Victor

I found another man. He says with my ouroboros he will achieve complete global saturation.

Sorry.

- Strider

PS. He looks so amazing in sunglasses

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Can we go back to protips on reliably doing the DP motion? I don't quite "get it" yet.

Also, as I have the game early, I'd be happy to help people answer any questions.

Since you mentioned having trouble doing double fireballs to get a shoryuken I think you need some work on your execution.

To practice your shoryuken go into training and turn on input display. Do the shoryuken motion slowly and feel the switches in your joystick click as you hit each direction. Look at the input display to see what inputs you're getting and make sure they're right. It's important that you get the feel for where you need to be moving the stick. Next, speed up the motion some (but not too fast!) and try to hit it ten times in a row. Watch your inputs to make sure you're not getting too sloppy with the joystick and not hitting your attack button before you finish the motion.

Once you can do the shoryuken quit playing matches and go do mission mode. Take it from someone whose online win ratio is like 10% in vanilla, if you can't do the inputs correctly you are wasting your time playing matches. When you're in mission mode break the combos up into pieces if you're having trouble with them. For example if you're trying to do a Ryu combo with a wallbounce opener practice L M H f+H b d db+L until you can nail it tens times in a row before you move on to the next part of the combo.

The more characters you complete the easier it gets. Once you have confidence in your inputs the game really starts to open up and playing it is so much more fun. You can develop strategies and adapt to the other player instead of focusing on mashing out a dragon punch motion the whole match.

Can we get the last post of the vanilla thread in here? That picture is hilarious!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
If I order from Amazon now will I still get the costumes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

You can't change nature, Jack.
If it's still considered a pre-order I'd imagine so.

• Locked thread