Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

TaurusOxford posted:

That would seriously solve all the problems of the Vs. Capcom series. No hassles with third-parties, no issues with the audience not giving a poo poo about the not-Capcom half of the roster, and you can easily utilize the entire Capcom roster that has been getting ignored for years. Power Stone, Megaman, God Hand, Asura's Wrath, etc.

Some sort of..jam...solely fought by Capcom characters? It's just crazy enough to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Excels posted:

What is the big deal about Power Stone? I watched the anime at some point in my life and it was nothing special.

seriously?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RickoniX posted:

Some sort of..jam...solely fought by Capcom characters? It's just crazy enough to work

I dunno, Capcom branded jam might not turn out so well.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

That would seriously solve all the problems of the Vs. Capcom series. No hassles with third-parties, no issues with the audience not giving a poo poo about the not-Capcom half of the roster, and you can easily utilize the entire Capcom roster that has been getting ignored for years. Power Stone, Megaman, God Hand, Asura's Wrath, etc.

As Long As It Plays Like Marvel

I don't really think Capcom likes 3v3 fighters.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

I never owned a Dreamcast. I was a poor child sorry

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's on PSP you should probably play it because it's more fun than any Marvel inspired Capcom fighter that will theoretically ever be made.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Beef Waifu posted:

It's on PSP you should probably play it because it's more fun than any Marvel inspired Capcom fighter that will theoretically ever be made.

Nope its a multiplayer centric PSP game with no download-play. Youre better off buying a Dreamcast off ebay. While youre at it, buy yourself some of the MANY great games the system has to offer.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

SeaMan still makes me distinctly uncomfortable. Awesome game, just disturbing as gently caress

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
*SIGH*...

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Event Hubs posted:

As a means to achieve that (prevent unskilled players from losing instantaneously), Capcom is looking into possibly implementing some kind of pay-for-advantage system in Street Fighter 5 that will allow new players to cover for their lack of skill in matches.

Because this is a brilliant idea and pay to win won't turn people off from buying it.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Capcom. :allears: Is the CEO like a goldfish in a bowl or something?

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Gammatron 64 posted:

What they really need to do is make Capcom vs. Capcom.

Capcom vs. Street Fighter

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Prism posted:

Because this is a brilliant idea and pay to win won't turn people off from buying it.

You can buy combo meter and extra life via microtransactions. Pay me all the money, Capcom.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Yoshinori Ono Says Capcom Has No Plans to Use Pay Model in Street Fighter V

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Capcom vs. Street Fighter

This already does exist under the name Street Fighter X all Capcom.

It's a card game for iOS. It's as bad as it sounds.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
BREAKING: actual human beings believed an Eventhubs article citing a Japanese sports newspaper paraphrasing a Capcom executive talking off the cuff at E3 was 100% legitimate

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mio Bison posted:

BREAKING: actual human beings believed an Eventhubs article citing a Japanese sports newspaper paraphrasing a Capcom executive talking off the cuff at E3 was 100% legitimate

Capcom hasn't exactly been earning a lot of goodwill lately. Did the gems in SF x Tekken ever amount to anything? I don't follow it.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Prism posted:

Capcom hasn't exactly been earning a lot of goodwill lately. Did the gems in SF x Tekken ever amount to anything? I don't follow it.

They were originally going to sell extra gem slots for a few dollars, they got leaked because they accidentally went on EU PSN early and the outrage forced them to cancel it. (Anyone who bought it still has extra gems)

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Prism posted:

Capcom backed off of the gems thing, released SFxT 2013 and Ultra (with Combofiend doing the balance changes and six months of loc tests) and ran Capcom Cup/sponsored this year's Capcom Pro Tour. If you have a fancy definition of "lately", like "two years ago", then yes, Capcom hasn't listened to the community at all and has done nothing with or for them. The AE and SFxT launches were disastrous but the trend since has been nothing but positive.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mio Bison posted:

Capcom backed off of the gems thing, released SFxT 2013 and Ultra (with Combofiend doing the balance changes and six months of loc tests) and ran Capcom Cup/sponsored this year's Capcom Pro Tour. If you have a fancy definition of "lately", like "two years ago", then yes, Capcom hasn't listened to the community at all and has done nothing with or for them. The AE and SFxT launches were disastrous but the trend since has been nothing but positive.

That's about when I stopped playing, so yeah, that sounds about right for the definition. Thanks for the clarification.

vvvvvv that's part of the reason, it was really likely to get every round over by time out when it came out.

Prism fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 12, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

SFxT looks lame, too many matches ending in time-outs because there's no chip damage on blocking.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Mio Bison posted:

hey guys we cleaned up that turd we sold you a little bit, it's now lemon scented, do you forgive us? I haven't played ultra yet so I can't really judge there, though sf4 is still sf4.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Still laughing at Capcom naming the DR3 DLC "Ultra Hyper Dead Rising 3 Arcade Edition Mega Plus" or something

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Excels posted:

Still laughing at Capcom naming the DR3 DLC "Ultra Hyper Dead Rising 3 Arcade Edition Mega Plus" or something

Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX+ Alpha. The best name.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Prism posted:

Super Ultra Dead Rising 3' Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX+ Alpha. The best name.

Fixed.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Excels posted:

SFxT looks lame, too many matches ending in time-outs because there's no chip damage on blocking.

There's chip damage. It ended in a lot of timeouts because the stages were huge, walk speeds were slow, and throws were slow, did no damage, and took forever. You also had two characters worth of health and it was easy to tag out safely and regain a ton of health.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

There's chip damage. It ended in a lot of timeouts because the stages were huge, walk speeds were slow, and throws were slow, did no damage, and took forever. You also had two characters worth of health and it was easy to tag out safely and regain a ton of health.

And apparently a lot of this was addressed in the most recent big patch they put out but it was way too late. The game is pretty much dead.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
What patch did they just put out?

I actually enjoyed SFxT, but yeah the game is pretty much dead, even online.

Just reuse all existing assets, throw in a couple of new characters, get rid of gems, make a few system adjustments, and bam! SFxT2.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

What patch did they just put out?

I actually enjoyed SFxT, but yeah the game is pretty much dead, even online.

Just reuse all existing assets, throw in a couple of new characters, get rid of gems, make a few system adjustments, and bam! SFxT2.

So they decided they're not gonna do TxSF, right?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Medullah posted:

So they decided they're not gonna do TxSF, right?

I don't recall any announcements but I'm pretty sure they're still working on it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Harada keeps saying TxSF is a thing and he seems to be really enthusiastic about doing it in general. Now that all of his projects are done he and his team might be working on it in earnest.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

How do you put SF into Tekken without removing most of the projectile attacks?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Also Harada isn't a hack like Ono so it might actually be fun. :c00l:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Excels posted:

Keep them in there, just laugh as people casually sidestep a sonic boom.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Excels posted:

Looks like they're trying to figure that out and have tossed some ideas about. The f2p tekken has invincible attacks and the new character also has several projectile attacks that seem fairly practical for combos and basic zoning.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Yoga Catastrophe seems like it would be hecka strong in tekken. For the other crap you can just amp it up like the SF characters in Marvel. Give Ryu a big wave of them or a steerable beam or something.

Or they won't bother to put them in.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

AXE COP posted:

Yoga Catastrophe seems like it would be hecka strong in tekken. For the other crap you can just amp it up like the SF characters in Marvel. Give Ryu a big wave of them or a steerable beam or something.

Or they won't bother to put them in.

It's true that Ryu's Super would need some work in 3D. I propose a modified version: the Hadoucone.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Sonic Boom now just a literal thunderclap that hits everything on the screen.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Prism posted:

It's true that Ryu's Super would need some work in 3D. I propose a modified version: the Hadoucone.

Hadoucane kick. Takes a class from Baek on using his feet, uses 3 bars to hurricane kick with a laser beam shootin out his foot. Ordinary Guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Kazuya already has a hurricane kick and a dp so the game is pretty much halfway done before they start.

• Locked thread