Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
You're missing that you have to be in turnabout mode already for order in the court to come out I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Dosvidanya posted:

You're missing that you have to be in turnabout mode already for order in the court to come out I believe.

Just have to be in trial mode, and if you're investigation mode, you have enough time to switch over after an air combo.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I meant trial :shobon:

Can you switch back to investigation mode after being in trial? I haven't even touched him. I could probably check but eh...

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Dosvidanya posted:

Can you switch back to investigation mode after being in trial? I haven't even touched him. I could probably check but eh...

I'm seen it done, so yeah.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dosvidanya posted:

I imagine you would have to be able to. In the Assist Me! videos, Wright didn't have three pieces of good evidence but was still able to go into trial mode. I imagine another hit of down-down-special would put him back in investigation mode.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I just figured it was fairly linear aside from the timer on turnabout. Well, good to know.

The only thing I know for sure about phoenix wright is that his god damned sneeze attack is annoying as hell due to it being a projectile based melee attack so it's got all the priority of a zero saber based attack.

Nuuds P00dle
Jun 28, 2011

smash em crash em bash em:shroom:
Another stream featuring the online play so far http://www.ustream.tv/channel/vidya-game-test Tuesday can't get here fast enough

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Dosvidanya posted:

I just figured it was fairly linear aside from the timer on turnabout. Well, good to know.

You can switch freely between Investigation and Courtroom stances with down down S. Once you get into Turnabout, you're in there until the timer runs out or you land a level 3 hyper, whichever comes first.

Anyway, those parts about the judge hyper destroying bad evidence and the Maya hyper hitting low on the last hit both sound pretty nice.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan

Trykt posted:

:megaman: UMVC3 LAUNCH DAY TOURNAMENT :megaman:

:itjb: Xbox sign-up! :itjb: | :spidey: PS3 sign-up! :spidey:

Will you be able to deal with non-signed-up late comers at all? I don't know if I'll have money for it until the day it launches thanks to all the games dropping this month, but if I manage it, I definitely want to join in on the PSN.

YoshiStomper
May 13, 2011

The reject.
Anyone use a Fightstick for this/have recommendations for good ones? Is it best to just go safe with Madcatz TE stick, or has anyone had luck with some of the sticks that are PS3/360 compatible like that Eightarc Fusion stick.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRT6JUzI4jU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Lovin' it.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

Way better than the vanilla menu music.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

Dosvidanya posted:

The only thing I know for sure about phoenix wright is that his god damned sneeze attack is annoying as hell due to it being a projectile based melee attack so it's got all the priority of a zero saber based attack.

I like the idea of Wright going like "achoo" and then Doc Strange being like "back achoo" with his beam counter hyper.

Anything projectile triggers it right?

Mac9k5
Apr 5, 2011

YoshiStomper posted:

Anyone use a Fightstick for this/have recommendations for good ones? Is it best to just go safe with Madcatz TE stick, or has anyone had luck with some of the sticks that are PS3/360 compatible like that Eightarc Fusion stick.

I built my own from parts from focus attack and ply wood, if you have the time and the skill building your own stick will make you the coolest kid in town. Just having a TE is good but having a custom built stick is so much cooler.

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!

Revitalized posted:

I like the idea of Wright going like "achoo" and then Doc Strange being like "back achoo" with his beam counter hyper.

Anything projectile triggers it right?

Someone needs to check to see if you can use Seven Rings on reaction to Shinku Hadouken. If so, I know how to tear up online.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Groghammer posted:

Someone needs to check to see if you can use Seven Rings on reaction to Shinku Hadouken. If so, I know how to tear up online.

It has invincible startup I believe, I'm pretty sure as long as you're not already in block stun you can.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

YoshiStomper posted:

Can't go wrong with the TE stick. The Eightarc Fusion stick is a good stick though, if you're lazy and don't mind paying extra (TE + coupon + TE Kitty or TEasy Strike to dual mod is cheaper)

The Classic Menu theme is so awesome! I really like the Dynamic music for the menu in UMvC3 too. :shobon: Is there new stage themes for the new stages in Dynamic?

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.

The Crusher posted:

It has invincible startup I believe, I'm pretty sure as long as you're not already in block stun you can.

It'd have varying mileage if they still had x-factor but you could X-factor cancel the block stun on a beam then go into Rings aswell.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

I love the new Dynamic character select screen music as well. Wonder why it takes Capcom's sound team two games to get things right?

Wonder if there are any new TU4AR remixes though, or if they remixed the dynamic stage themes for the remixed stages.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Sex Vicar posted:

I love the new Dynamic character select screen music as well. Wonder why it takes Capcom's sound team two games to get things right?
Hell yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=708m4lA4ORA

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Very nice, but I can't say no to rocking guitars while I choose my heroes.

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Sex Vicar posted:

Wonder if there are any new TU4AR remixes though, or if they remixed the dynamic stage themes for the remixed stages.
No idea if there's any new remixes, but the old remixes play for choosing your character in Arcade Mode apparently.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

More Vergil combos for the Vergil combos gods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hINFQ1r41JA

These combos are really flashy, though. A lot of them involving comboing into Spiral Swords and then into the formation change. Vergil looks like tons of fun.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Cat Machine posted:

:D

(New Menu Music)

1. Arrange old music in 12/8 feel
2. Get praised

Capcom should take this approach with all of their music

Metamorphosis
Apr 4, 2008

Hey, handsome
Swag combos look like they take a lot of meter. Still cool though.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

The problem with vanilla was that the dynamic menu and char select music was good, but you can't use those and have character themes in the game play.

Is this fixed in Ultimate?

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009

Kageneko posted:

The problem with vanilla was that the dynamic menu and char select music was good, but you can't use those and have character themes in the game play.

Is this fixed in Ultimate?

Nope. :( Which is a shame since the stage themes are inferior to character themes. (I like Daily Bugle's stage music a lot though!)

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

For the Frank West fans in the thread, here's a big post by Chrisis (Cali Viper player, I think he was at both Ultimate NorCal vs. Capcom events) talking about his experience with Frank so far and his thoughts: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/ive-covered-wars-yknow-frank-west-thread.148405/page-17#post-6122969

Basically, he seems really impressed with Frank and thinks he'll be pretty good.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

More Vergil combos for the Vergil combos gods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hINFQ1r41JA

These combos are really flashy, though. A lot of them involving comboing into Spiral Swords and then into the formation change. Vergil looks like tons of fun.

I was assuming that the recovery animation on Maximum Vergil where he sheathes the sword again was cancellable but the uploader implies in the comments that it's not, doesn't that make the move unsafe on hit if you use it while you're close in? I must be missing something here because that'd make the move terrible and nobody else has commented on it.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
e; Wrong thread, sorry.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Mio Bison posted:

Maximum Vergil

Anything but that.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Here's a neato Frank combo and also a neato Iron Fist combo. Neato. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqN_v3P_1BM&feature=player_embedded

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
http://www.global-trance.com/ultimate/

This site has all the pictures for victory poses.

Including the DLC ones.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Broken Loose posted:

Anything but that.

If it makes you feel any better we could try calling it "Shut up Broken Loose", unfortunately I think Maximum Vergil is more likely to stick

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Mio Bison posted:

I was assuming that the recovery animation on Maximum Vergil where he sheathes the sword again was cancellable but the uploader implies in the comments that it's not, doesn't that make the move unsafe on hit if you use it while you're close in? I must be missing something here because that'd make the move terrible and nobody else has commented on it.

I've seen it hit and end with the enemy right under vergil's feet and it's still safe. I don't know where you could get the idea that it's unsafe on hit.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Mio Bison posted:

If it makes you feel any better we could try calling it "Shut up Broken Loose", unfortunately I think Maximum Vergil is more likely to stick

God forbid "Dimension Slash" or even "orb super" is a hard name to say or remember.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Broken Loose posted:

God forbid "Dimension Slash" or even "orb super" is a hard name to say or remember.

Yeah but look at that poo poo it's totally Maximum Vergil.

AlphaTM
Aug 11, 2010

FSLink posted:

http://www.global-trance.com/ultimate/

This site has all the pictures for victory poses.

Including the DLC ones.

so that's that confirmed I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groghammer
Aug 10, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

Or you could just call it like it sounds, i.e. "wuwuwuwuwuwuwuwu".

• Locked thread