Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
And the leaked alt costumes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

If you purchased Shuma and Jill in MvC3, you will have them in UMvC3. You will also have their alternate costume right away as well, no extra charge.

If you purchased the 6 alternate outfits released for MvC3 (Ryu, Chris, Dante, CapAm, Thor, and Iron Man), you will have those in UMvC3 as well.

If you purchased none of that stuff, you have to buy it to have it in UMvC3.

So early Galactus mode is the only real mvc3 reward?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dosvidanya posted:

I just figured it was fairly linear aside from the timer on turnabout. Well, good to know.

The only thing I know for sure about phoenix wright is that his god damned sneeze attack is annoying as hell due to it being a projectile based melee attack so it's got all the priority of a zero saber based attack.

I like the idea of Wright going like "achoo" and then Doc Strange being like "back achoo" with his beam counter hyper.

Anything projectile triggers it right?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fereydun posted:

The quality on that cinematic trailer is really astonishing.

You could pretty much freeze the video on a random frame and it'd look straight out of a comic.

I mean, check it out:

It straight up looks better than the actual official art for the game.

Bonus Magnetoface:

Goddamn, they shoulda whipped something up like this for the cover art.

The music that kicks in as soon as they switch to firebrand in the CG trailer is pretty loving sick.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Here's two videos with new intro quotes, with subtitles on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vRIjdSgV4Jk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oQ2QVSXYxE

They basically all own.

Edit: Oh yeah, Spooky and NerdJosh are playing UMvC3: http://www.twitch.tv/nerdjosh
Also Justin Wong and Floe are driving somewhere and having an eating contest or something? I dunno: http://www.twitch.tv/eg_jwong/

Raccoon versus Chris :allears:

"There's um... a heavily armed woodland creature..."

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:negative: I have to wait 10+ more hours for my best buy to open because that's where I preordered for my costumes! I want it...

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostpilot posted:

Now I see why nobody pre-ordered with Bestbuy. Preordered, paid in full, got the email confirmation to pick it up today; get there and they not only don't have it, they haven't even ordered it. After an hour of them not knowing what the gently caress and me having to call their customer service line to get my refund.

So looks like no preorder costumes for me. :negative:

Wha?! I'm going over to my best buy now! :ohdear:

Also my best buy wouldn't let me pay in full besides the $5 down. Hope it comes through!

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just came back from my Best Buy with UMVC3 in hand! They said my costume code would be emailed to me within the next few hours, but it hasn't arrived yet. The guy also told me that if it doesn't come today by like 5pm, I can call 1888BestBuy and they'll resend me a code.

Anyways, time to plugin my PS3 again!

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So the goon tournament is like 7pm PST right?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That was fun. I lost both my matches in winners and losers but I came a lot closer the second time. Gotta get use to these new characters! Also as interesting as hawkeye is he might not be for me :(

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone played the Galactus mode? It's clunky as hell. The controls I mean.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cuchulain posted:

Everything is a command normal, and nothing can be canceled. It's some Street Fighter 1 poo poo.

And if you starting walking forward or backward... well, you're not gonna stop walking.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So I think Nemesis rocket launcher in the air isn't too bad of a move. It's easy to miss with it of course, but it doesn't take too long to come out and you can blast people that are air dashing towards you out of the sky. Well, that was my experience anyways.

His ground rocket launcher is kinda lovely, it just flies over everything that isn't 'tall'

Also I thought I could make Nemesis down Hard after a command grab, but I couldn't make it connect later last night. Was I hallucinating?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Veev posted:

He can connect down hard off of his medium and heavy command grabs but not his light one. His light one's range is pretty short compared to the air grabs and is pretty lack luster over all really.

Yeah I just found out in training mode. Oh well. Guess I should learn to completely avoid using his light grab.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Klaus Kinski posted:

Why the gently caress isn't classic ui an option, there's no way to make something as bad as the new one without actively trying.

do you mean the health bars? Cause like I'm still pressing the wrong assists because I relate the top bar to L1 but it's not :smith:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sade posted:

To be fair, you should probably know which character is in which assist slot at all times without having to look.

I'm not that good yet :(

Also I do remember initially, it's just after a bunch of characters start tagging in and out and aerial combos and all that jazz I start calling the wrong dudes. And sometimes who I'm trying to snap in.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So is there a catalog of which characters got completely new endings and which ones got minor revamps? I did another 6 or so endings today. Most of them are just altered ones (Chris's ending is the same as before but now there's BOULDERS in the background of the first panel!)

The edited endings feel kind of lazy since all they did was change the dialogue but sometimes they help and make it less lame (like Jill's ending) although it doesn't change much. The new endings are neat though.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If anyone who preordered from best buy still isn't getting their code by email, give them a call at 1888bestbuy. I just did that earlier today and he kept me on line until the email was sent to me. Obviously have your receipt ready.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cat Machine posted:

The game has been out for two days.

Yeah I jumped onto a lobby match and I saw these dudes with the Beginner tag so I was like "all right I can practice my scrubby skills against other scrubs!" cue my turn, and I am instantly obliterated and get taunted at the end.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

If you don't taunt every time you win a ranked match online then I just don't know what to say to you.

but it wasn't a ranked match, it was just a lobby :(

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I just noticed that the intro movie when you load up the game and in the Gallery isn't the full length 5 minute cinematic. :(

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Metrohunter posted:

I just got my first Ultimate disconnect when I killed a Sentinel assist with Gimlet :kiddo:

How exactly does Gimlet strike? I thought it was like it just hits the opponent wherever he is on the screen. There's more to it? Hits the assist?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cuchulain posted:

Sentinel is squishy and easy to cross up. But he deals a huge amount of damage and is braindead easy to use well enough. Nemesis is Sentinel with more damage, better range, and the highest health in the game. Sentinel is still better though, because Nemesis can't wavedash. :v:

Thor still has better health I thought.

And I thought Nemesis can wavedash.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LadyPictureShow posted:

Dunno if this was posted earlier in the thread and I just missed it, but there's a release schedule for the different costume DLC packs:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114267-Ultimate-Marvel-vs-Capcom-3-DLC-Plans-Revealed

Too bad they don't sell 'em ala carte. There's only a couple I really want (Talbain Ammy!).

USPS sent my preorder copy to the wrong end of NYS. :sigh:

On the bright side they are really cheap. $4 each. Despite the PSN share reduction I do have a friend that I've had a private share with and we both agreed to get these packs, so they come out to $2 each!

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Nothing has been announced on that front, but I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom sells Mega Man for 50 bucks and says if enough people buy it, they'll un-cancel Mega Man Legends 3.

Mega Man with a Zero alt costume.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Metrohunter posted:

I would pay for a Rocket Raccoon alt costume if it was classic Megaman.

Team Not Really Mega Men

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

PunkBoy posted:

I would totally follow a series about the Heroes for Hire in Iron Fist's ending.

And we already saw the IRON SHORYUKEN in Ryu's new ending sooo...

It would be a pretty rad thing is what I'm trying to say.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is there any specific timing to doing a crossover counter, or is it just as soon as you're blocking (any time that you could be advance guarding) that you just press the partner button?

also: new tier question: WHICH SIDE OF THE COVER ARE YALL USING?

Revitalized fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Nov 20, 2011

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Niddhogg posted:

They were punching eachother in the present and then Doom accidentally brought them back in time. Then they started punching eachother in Camelot.

Also Doom's armor is his dead lover from Camelot.

So it's kind of like Spencer's arm?

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

We don't talk about dreadlock Spencer anymore.

Until that DLC hits, it's the only Spencer we can talk about :colbert:

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bladeworksmaster posted:

Well thankfully, my friend thought ahead and did it for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvEZ1bYJfoc

How do I do this. This needs to be my win taunt

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, Chris Redfield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaRDgXc6VN8

Hmm, I guess I'll pick up Chris again. I gave him a little play around in the training room and his gun cancel is definitely a sweet addition.

http://youtu.be/m3lG7UcQwKk
UMVC3 Drinking Game!

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vengarr posted:

I don't know that it really helps him that much though, since he could always do plenty of damage and his super-jump zoning game was sweet to begin with. He still has no viable anti-air. He's always been a very viable character, I just don't know that his buffs were anything that great.

well I mean cause I would sometimes catch people with the magnum off guard, but I never really knew what to do after that once they've bounced across the screen and onto the floor.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

I made a quick video showing the gimlet thing, and that video is this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QXv7fUjW1o

Finally a way for my Nemesis level 3 to work! Although my Nemesis is point so I'll have to work some way into that. Good to know though heh.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Heroes and Heralds. The Bonus stages final round before seizing. That's some bullshit AI right there.

Any tips? Any card/team combo that cheeses them pretty well? I've played a bit of H&H now and the only losses I've gotten are at the final matches in those hit list stages.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pookdaddy G posted:

Did they ever say if they were going to replace magneto's alt costume or are they just leaving him without one?

I'm pretty sure they're just leaving it in the air. Each time they've mentioned it, it's just been "yeah uh... no plans at the moment."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Niddhogg posted:

Put this in the OP

A Dante vs Deadpool crossover movie would just be this for 2 hours.

• Locked thread