Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Sade posted:

Justin Wong: Wesker/Vergil/Strider "the team to pick"

https://twitter.com/!/JWonggg/status/135645939200303106

I had already kinda been thinking about this team, tbh. On paper, Wesker/Vergil/literally any assist character is gonna be pretty goddamn monstrous though.

Dear Victor

I found another man. He says with my ouroboros he will achieve complete global saturation.

Sorry.

- Strider

PS. He looks so amazing in sunglasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I love the new Dynamic character select screen music as well. Wonder why it takes Capcom's sound team two games to get things right?

Wonder if there are any new TU4AR remixes though, or if they remixed the dynamic stage themes for the remixed stages.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Brosnan posted:

The results are in:

GGs to all who played, and congrats to the winners. Things mostly went smoothly, aside from a few technical hiccups and Reckless and I failing to remember that losers finals are 3/5 (oops). See y'all next time!

'Grats to the winners, though it would be cool if someone could post the teams they were using.

Have to wait till Saturday to pick up UMvC3 but it's looking to be worth the wait.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Glass Eater posted:

Crossover counter is forward + assist any time in blockstun, I believe.

Reverse cover is S tier.

Europe didn't get a reverse cover :sigh:

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Sade posted:

Just in case you needed any more convincing that Spencer/Wesker/Doom is loving monstrous, here's a video of that exact team killing the poo poo out of a bunch of high-health characters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfgqDUyPHNw&feature=plcp&context=C207c3UDOEgsToPDskJ9Ko5RD4pdxY0k7ZDAPF28

If it wasn't obvious that Capcom are receiving funds from the Latverian arts council, it is now.

Also, goddamn Frank is a bunch of fun. Hard to get in but once you even get to level 2, his roll is a monster cross up. Power of the press :smug:

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

darealkooky posted:

Any Rocket Racoon players out there? I've been playing him recently and realized I have no idea what to do with this guy besides laser -> drones -> fireball -> teleport.

Tag out. Log Trap assist all day every day.

If you have to use him. Just set traps everywhere so no one can move and occasionally jump and H spitfire to keep them away.

If you have enough meter, you can piss people off with spring trap + heavy burrow and zone them out by going to the opposite side of the trap and just throwing log traps and bear traps.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

Rocks. Doomrocks are neutered.

All the cool kids moved on to hidden missiles.

Note: There are no hipsters in Latveria, only corpses.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Niddhogg posted:

Cards > Gems

If only Capcom would realize this :sigh:

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Jmcrofts posted:

It was doc ock and frank west (in vanilla)

One of Marvel's guys mentioned in an interview that Doc Ock was almost in but they couldn't make him work Gameplay wise so he was dropped.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Brett824 posted:

Ultimate MvC3 sold really poorly. It wouldn't surprise me if making DLC for it at this point wouldn't even be profitable to the extent of being worthwhile.

Actually, it did fairly well. Leaked NPD Numbers at NeoGAF actually had it around 180K-200K in November alone across both consoles and then 70K-90K in December. Japan was at around 70-80K (Including the PSV version) according to Dengeki sales and Europe was 70-100K according to ChartTrack. Easily around the 400,000-450,000 number and still with two more versions to be released with the PSV launch. Everyone on SRK and everywhere else is using the VG Chartz numbers and theres this big massive panic of "OH GOD IT DIDN'T DO WELL NO MORE MARVEL". It's doing good numbers, just nothing braggable like the millions Call Of Duty, Saints Row, Skyrim et all did the same window or a bomb like Rayman Origins.

I'm thinking it's More like it's "No DLC till Marvel panics again over the fact that Activision, THQ and Sega are releasing condensed poo poo in a box with their licences and need a Marvel game that actually sells" or "Lets wait to see how the Vita version does in the US and Europe first".

Though knowing Capcom, the statement of "Oh it's impossible" is probably designed to make people more vocal and rabid about it till they "conceed" and say "We love our fans so much that we did it, just for you" over on Unity.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Well on the other hand they're hemorrhaging money, so I wouldn't be so sure.

Actually, they are in profit and expect the yearly financial to be profitable (Last year Dead Rising 2 saved their rear end by doing 2.5 million at retail alone instead of the 1 million they expected and propelled them to profit) especially since they still have to release SF x Tekken and Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in the financial year. It's just so far they haven't made up the difference for their spend/return this year.

But considering it's only out 3 months and has two more releases to go (The NA/EU Vita Launch). Capcom's gotta be happy that the UMvC3 gamble payed off and people are still interested in it.

I'd reckon they are waiting for the Vita version to launch everywhere before making some significant changes though.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Will the Vita run online on different servers than the PS3 version? It'd be a shame to split up the player-base even more.

There's no cross system play. I would not be surprised if they introduced replay transfers with the PS3 version post launch, however.

It feels like they are holding back any major updates like balance changes/significant DLC till they have all the versions out on the market which would make it much easier to keep them all current and on the same version (especially since the PSV version is designed so you can practice on the go).

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

AXE COP posted:

Gene??? :swoon:

My bullshit radar says "No Marvel or Capcom logos on it, no sale".

But at the same time, Capcom's Captivate conference is next month and there's evidence to back an expansion like Niitsuma mentioning the 8 cut characters last year (And we all know what Capcom likes to do in the background from the SF X T DLC Debacle) and there's no Avengers movie tie in game so Marvel would probably want to tie in any DLC with movie hype. So I guess it's wait and see.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

rocket USA posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if this were real and they held off on Megaman for it. He has enough draw that he'd probably sell plenty of full DLC packages by himself (I hope this is real and Thanos and/or Donovan are in it :unsmigghh:).

Niitsuma responded to the rumor that "The DLC Costumes are out and for now, that is all". Though Niitsuma has been pretty quiet lately and there wasn't any talk of him moving onto another project yet.

Everyone's favourite twitter troll Lupinko has also been dropping hints for a Marvel/Capcom related announcement over the last month on top of that. So I guess something may be in the works, but we don't quite know yet.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Capcom says it's a fake but stops short of saying there is absolutely no DLC.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Fereydun posted:

Remove his normals and replace all of them with some variation of shooting a gun.

Turn him into RE1 Wesker where his only moves are "DON'T OPEN...THAT DOOR" and getting killed by the Tyrant.

SpaceBees posted:

So is an update really not happening, or is Capcom lying through their teeth, the way they always do when their plans are leaked early?

The rumor was fake. But all three Capcom reps who commented on it were choosing their words pretty carefully and there's been talk on streams of a "big change" soon. So it is somewhat of a "Wait and see" in April now. Unless someone leaks it beforehand, of course.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

SpaceBees posted:

Sooo Captivate is on Monday. Who thinks we're gonna hear news about an update to UMvC3? Whether its just a balance patch or new character DLC. Or nothing.

Capcom's been kinda weird about it. It's not like the game hasn't been selling well (It's currently the top selling "Full" game download on PSN for the PSVita. Even beating Uncharted) and even though UMvC3X was a bunk rumour, people on NeoGAF looking it up found that Capcom and Marvel did update the game's trademarks to include "Downloadable Digital Content Vouchers" recently. On top of that, Niitsuma's new project is allegedly a much smaller scale one (Possibly 3DS or XBLA/PSN) so it wouldn't be hard for him to oversee some DLC or a new patch while he was beavering away on his new project.

It's possible we might see something.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

WalrusWhiskers posted:

From what I talked to Brelston, a community manager at capcom, at PAX he basically said that UMvc3 was a finished game, and they aren't currently making further expansions/content for the game.

e: And yea, some other guy denied the rumors about Super UMvC3, forget his name.

Asking Capcom about future plans is like talking to a wall. They ain't going to admit anything. Hell, before UMvC3, there was "No future plans" for the vanilla version either.

Honestly, wait till San Diego Comic Con. I'd expect them to be doing something considering sales for Ultimate have been above their expectations (And they might want to do something with the popular game since SF X Tekken is going down as well as a dead baby joke at an abortion clinic), even if that something is either straight onto MvC4 or maybe even Marvel Super Heroes 2.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

AXE COP posted:

Weren't Capcom making a big announcement in Famitsu this week? If it's fighting game related then it could maybe be something to do with Marvel, although I guess that's quite unlikely.

It was a Monster Hunter Puzzle game for the PSP. Nothing of interest to us.

Though there was also a bunch of shillouettes related to yet another Capcom announcement next week, however (No scans yet though).

I'd wait to see if San Diego Comic Con has another MvC panel and it would fit with the rumors of something after Evo since SDCC this year is a week after Evo. Capcom and Marvel still seem to be working with each other (MvC2 was released on iOS yesterday) and San Diego is the most likely place you will see an expansion or whatever announced.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Brosnan posted:

For a full update. They did say once upon a time that there would be a balance patch, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if they just kinda quietly swept that under the rug as interest in the game has waned.

Apparently it's been selling really well on the PSVita and even beat Uncharted in launch month Digital sales. So it's hard to tell if it's going to be just a balance update or something more significant since it's actually been successful. Marvel's head of games was also talking up how important the franchise was to them in an interview in Variety a few weeks back as well as it's the one everyone likes and they know of.

It's just hard to tell since Capcom's got the wall of silence up, Marvel NDA's everything to death so we only got rumors and the fact that they did update their trademark on the game to include "Digital Content Vouchers" to go off.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

That Artbook sounds like it's gonna rule since it's going to cover every single Marvel game Capcom has done as far back as The Punisher.

Udon has a website up with some preview pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

Krad posted:

Sure it's popular, but did it sell well? That's all they really care about in the end.

Shipped 600,000 in the first two months against Skyrim and Saints Row 3 and the PSV version beat Uncharted in digital sales in launch month. Capcom have said it did good numbers for them as well.

It did good for what is essentially the GOTY edition. So it wouldn't be surprising if they did more with it. Especially as they practically have a whole weekend of free advertising coming up and Super and AE had big sales spikes thanks to Evo.

• Locked thread