Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Policenaut posted:

Now that you mention it, Asura would be a pretty good match for this game. The dude's game is basically an anime already and his whole schtick would fit in fine with the rest of the cast. Maybe build a mechanic around his six arms or something.

A BASARA dude would be pretty hard to pin down though. The most popular character in the franchise (Masamune) has already been co-opted by Wolverine and Vergil.

Gotta wonder though why the Monster Hunter dude is so uptight about including a character in this game. They put characters in Metal Gear Solid for gently caress sake. Dude doesn't want a cool Hunter character in the game? Tons of potential there for a character with all the weapons, traps, and other mechanics like food and sharpening.

As I recall, Sengoku Basara was out because they are based on real people.

I mean, very, very tenuously based given that there are drill spears, cyborgs, cannons, and approximately infinity swords at once (hi Date Masamune). But that was the rationale, anyway.

I could get behind Monster Hunter or Asura though. And Dr. Wily, because Capcom needs a MODOK-alike and the Wilysaucer clearly qualifies. Also Gene. Gene is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Lord Chumley posted:

With all the Megaman hints in Ultimate Capcom should just go right ahead and give the fans what they want.

Well they can't use Bad Box Art Megaman twice in a row, so...

Captain N Mega Man. Squat green midget.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Event Hubs posted:

As a means to achieve that (prevent unskilled players from losing instantaneously), Capcom is looking into possibly implementing some kind of pay-for-advantage system in Street Fighter 5 that will allow new players to cover for their lack of skill in matches.

Because this is a brilliant idea and pay to win won't turn people off from buying it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mio Bison posted:

BREAKING: actual human beings believed an Eventhubs article citing a Japanese sports newspaper paraphrasing a Capcom executive talking off the cuff at E3 was 100% legitimate

Capcom hasn't exactly been earning a lot of goodwill lately. Did the gems in SF x Tekken ever amount to anything? I don't follow it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mio Bison posted:

Capcom backed off of the gems thing, released SFxT 2013 and Ultra (with Combofiend doing the balance changes and six months of loc tests) and ran Capcom Cup/sponsored this year's Capcom Pro Tour. If you have a fancy definition of "lately", like "two years ago", then yes, Capcom hasn't listened to the community at all and has done nothing with or for them. The AE and SFxT launches were disastrous but the trend since has been nothing but positive.

That's about when I stopped playing, so yeah, that sounds about right for the definition. Thanks for the clarification.

vvvvvv that's part of the reason, it was really likely to get every round over by time out when it came out.

Prism fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 12, 2014

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Excels posted:

Still laughing at Capcom naming the DR3 DLC "Ultra Hyper Dead Rising 3 Arcade Edition Mega Plus" or something

Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX+ Alpha. The best name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

AXE COP posted:

Yoga Catastrophe seems like it would be hecka strong in tekken. For the other crap you can just amp it up like the SF characters in Marvel. Give Ryu a big wave of them or a steerable beam or something.

Or they won't bother to put them in.

It's true that Ryu's Super would need some work in 3D. I propose a modified version: the Hadoucone.

• Locked thread