Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
That's a fantastic OP, good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The dragon punch is forward, down, down forward. Or, if your stick has a number pad, 623.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Schmendrick posted:

I love Firebrand's alt, and it's neat that you can roll with an Arthur in boxers. I wonder how that would work with damage properties and his King's armor when it runs out?

It's the cursed armor. Instead of going boxers-grey armor-gold armor, the DLC costume is skeleton-boxers-cursed armor.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Broken Loose posted:

*does 1.145 million points of damage*

For four meters.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFY-7wjZlSI
Let's send off vanilla marvel with a zero damage combo video

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So where should the Amazon DLC costume codes be? I can't seem to find it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
You pick characters that have an appealing playstyle and are usable (not in that order). If you really like a character but they suck no matter how much work you put into them, you should pass them over.

On the flip side, if there are characters that are really good that you can't stand playing, you shouldn't have to force yourself to play them. (But really, who can't stand winning most of the time?)

Luckily, most of the cast of (U)MVC3 are viable characters, so you should be all set picking characters you like.

Unless it's Hsien-ko.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Desk, how can you break the game so well so quickly?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Schmendrick posted:

I...don't know anyone from Killer 7.

It's alright, there's basically only one good character in it anyway.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Veev posted:

Caaaalm doooown!
I really don't think he's that scary though, except maybe the assist.

Play against a team that sets him up with insta level 4/5.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Broken Loose posted:

Desk doesn't actually find these glitches. He just posts videos of glitches other people found.

He finds a good amount of stuff himself, man.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Nerokerubina posted:

The correct commentating solution is to have S-Kill and Skisonic in the "booth", with Yipes onstage somewhere on the house mic yelling loud enough to be clearly heard on the stream.

JEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Yeah, pretty much.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Try a frank combo into tools of survival hyper, dhc into slowdown hyper when the opponent's at the very top after hitting them with the baseball bat, and raw tagging back in for another OTG camera (canceled into shopping cart hyper if you have meter, canceled into another tools of survival/ammy dhc/raw tag if you have a shitton of meter)

Someone posted a video of this a bit ago and it's just so silly to me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Micgael posted:

Merry Christmas should be when you catch 3 characters out of a bad THC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4v9-t7kklE

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The Rokstar posted:

e: :lol: at the NEC results, is Wesker officially the new Phoenix now or is it still too early to call?

Wesker was one of the best characters in MVC3 and he got buffed in Ultimate; there wasn't a single match in the entire tournament where he wasn't on at least one of the two teams.

He might be worse.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

PalmTreeFun posted:

Wesker doesn't even need five meters to be insane and stupid. Only thing he has to do is Maximum Wesker once, X-Factor, and suddenly he's DP all over again.

Oh yeah, that's a good point. You had to build a team around Phoenix where Wesker fits on any one you want.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gutcruncher posted:

But last time they did a balance tweek a month after the game came out it caused an uproar.

An uproar that quickly died down because Sent was still fine before and after the patch. Just changed him from a no-brainer team choice to something a little more saner.

So really, I have hopes that they do something to Wesker.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Actually, they kinda did. The audio channels are swapped.

I really wish there was an easy way to switch this on Windows. I have a headset so I can't just swap speakers around (it doesn't stay on my head worn backwards).

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Does Mike even seriously say he's good at the game? All I see on CCLive and Adventures is him and Gootecks just loving around and being bad.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Veev posted:

The games only been out a month.

But an incredibly similar game has been out for just about a year?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What are some of the potential drawbacks Wesker might have?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelvscapcom/go/thread/view/102977/28773325/Heroes__Heralds_Ability_Card_list

Heroes and Heralds incomplete card list.

These all look so hilariously and awesomely broken.

(before people ask: the letter on the card is the rarity and the [Lvl #] in the descriptions give the relative strength of any attributes that are repeated. You can equip one card as primary and two more as secondary.)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

S-Alpha posted:

I gotta say, though, figuring out a primary/secondary setup will be a little annoying.

Well lucky for you that the cards are drops, so you'll be figuring out what you want as they come

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

duffath posted:

Is there a changelog anywhere?

Absolutely not.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The Rokstar posted:

e: So then how do you beat that if it's the Nick Fury card, do you just have to do a hit on them that takes more than their last 5%?

That or time them out.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Seizure Robot posted:

Some of the terminology on these cards is a bit confusing for me. The 2 effects I'm unsure about are "The length of instant attacks will be increased." and "All characters will be able to perform a 6-chain combo." Could anyone explain those for me?

The first one apparently means that traps like Trish's Peekaboo and Rocket Raccoon's, uh, traps, will stay out for a longer duration. The second one means that all characters will be able to do the full s.L c.L s.M c.M s.H c.H S combo, I think.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
You can pause and quit a match at any time. Just keep playing and quitting until you get a win.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Attributes definitely stack.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Wesker's the best character in the game and Akuma's significantly worse than he was in Penultimate. Choose Wesker.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SpaceBees posted:

I'd rather they'd buff the lower tier characters than just nerf all the high tier ones.

Most of the 'low tier' characters are still fairly viable and the only reason you don't see more of them are because there are much easier/better ones. I'd say the only characters that have absolutely no worth on a team are Tron, Hsien-Ko, and Phoenix Wright.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I forget who posted this but I still really agree with it:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Glass Eater posted:

Joe Frank and Rocket Raccoon all in the bottom-left ahaha

Yes, that's the joke.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Violently Car posted:

Why exactly do people dislike that so much? If it's true, shouldn't people be happy that the games they like are getting more content and support? I know the fighting game scene is used to playing the same game for a decade straight and don't like their games to be changed, but is there something else I'm missing here?

You're glossing over it, but it's pretty much true in a more nuanced way - the metagame for fighting games aren't really set in stone and can change fairly easily the more people play and experiment. The recent tourney with a joe/frank/rocky team sweeping everyone is a good example.

If a new version gets put out every several months, the previous versions don't really get explored fully and it's a bit of a waste. It's fun and entertaining to see what people come up with.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gaseous Snake posted:

Why does this game always pair me up against people who've won over a hundred times when I've won maybe three???

Do you have it set up to same-skill? Do they have hundreds of losses on top of the hundreds of wins? Have you played enough matches on ranked for the thing to sort you correctly?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cat Machine posted:

Does anyone have any tips for landing OTG camera into super after a midscreen TAC ending in kneedrop with Frank? Whenever I do it, the opponent techs out of the camera shot and I can't super.

e.g. <some combo> TAC M, L tools, M, L tools, M, L tools, kneedrop, OTG camera, tools of survival super (as seen here)

How fast are you cancelling into and out of camera? Kneedrop can have the landing frames canceled + you should be able to cancel immediately from camera to super.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cat Machine posted:

e: have some bug-tastic combos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTvNdpY40M4

Are these infinites?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
H&H DLC should let you host lobbies to fight friends in the mode

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

It's certainly a step up from Team Marn

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Zero needs to stop being able to be safe on everything with buster cancels, Wesker should never have been buffed from Penultimate, and Spencer does need scaling put on some of his moves that lack it. Morrigan I'm okay with currently but if they make meter gain less huge during the mirror super I wouldn't complain.

It should definitely come with some buffs to the poo poo-tier characters in the game, though, to counteract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Eeevil posted:

I haven't been paying much attention to this game, what is the list like right now?
I'm not arguing in favor of massive nerfs, but: Zero can make anything safe with buster cancels and is unarguably the best character in the game. Wesker's buffs were generally unneeded; he could probably use a damage reduction and maybe a fix for being able to THC off of gunshots you couldn't regular super off of.

Stretching for more issues: Spencer's upgrapple is unscaled when it really should be, and I think that goes for some of his other moves, too. Morrigan is alright, though I have heard that she might need lessened meter gain in mirror mode.

I don't really think I've heard anything else.

• Locked thread