Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

This is probably the most comprehensive and detailed fighting game OP of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRT6JUzI4jU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Sex Vicar posted:

I love the new Dynamic character select screen music as well. Wonder why it takes Capcom's sound team two games to get things right?
Hell yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=708m4lA4ORA

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Hey British guys, if you ordered with ShopTo they already shipped their orders this morning. Getting it on the American release date is pretty siiiiiiick

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Waterbed posted:

Wow, Vergil's Japanese voice actor is 50000000000 times better than his English one.
To me sounds exactly like the English one except the words he says are Japanese

Although to be honest I'm a pretty bad at evaluating Nihon-koku voice acting except in a few exceptional cases where it's really obvious that the guy is doing an awesome job (JP Bison in SF4 sup).

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I remember hearing pre-release that Akuma's demon flip OTG was gonna be harder to do, but I can't tell the difference. Anyone know if they backed down on that??

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

THEY NERFED POST-KO FLYING :(

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Where are the best combo lists for the game just now?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

Wait, how? I've been doing it just fine.
You can still do it, but flight time has been cut.

Also the Tron winquote vs Nova is cute

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Cinroth posted:

I don't have the game yet because I'm pig disgusting eurotrash but I'm curious how the follow up to Nova's rocket super works, anyone wanna clue me in?
I'm a pig disgusting eurotrash and I've had it since yesterday :D :D

Is the Frank/Dante THC still the only guaranteed L5?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Does anyone have any tips for controlling air combos with Vergil? Guys are always falling out of my poo poo and I can't discern why...

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I liked the Jin Saotome cameo in Hawkeye's ending!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Man, getting those achievements for 400,000 and 500,000 in arcade are gonna be ridiculous... Only 50 people on the leaderboards have 400k+ score

e: did they nerf meter gain in general??

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 17, 2011

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Cinroth posted:

Yes, by "10%".
It feels like so much more. I want more Vergil swords :(

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

kater posted:

Kinda worried about this game, less than 20k on leaderboards it seems. Hope it sold more on PS3, I laughed at sub-100 ranked players in Asia.
It only came out yesterday, in what has to be the most insane fortnight of video game releases in the past decade. It's a niche budget title, I think it's gonna do okay.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I like Strider as an anchor, but the main barrier to success with him for me right now is that his OTG feels kinda awkward to do. I might pair him with an OTG assist just to avoid the mad rush of doing the formationB + shoot every time I land.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

So Gimlet can't even be avoided/punished with a well-timed teleport? RIP Dark Phoenix.
Strange/Hawkeye/(Storm??) seems like it would be a really good anti-DP team.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Her combos are most definitely not longer than they were before, and the nerfs to Maximum Tron Bonne suck too

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Space Fish posted:

I want to get better, but Ranked needs to sort the pros out of my matchups already.
The game has been out for two days.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Honky Donkey Man posted:

ggs duffath, you were destroying me in there, your rocket raccoon rushdown was scary, once you got in with him I wasn't sure whether to block low or high. Shame my XBL connection started playing up.
Is he still playing Coon/Hawkeye/Doom? What a gay-rear end monkeyfucking team...

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Hey Broken Loose, Deadpool has a winquote vs Spider-Man you make like ;)

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

FauxCyclops posted:

Please present me with all of your Firebrand strategies and combos so that I do not have to do any work.

Aside from magic series -> air magic series -> bon voyage -> medium heavy launcher -> air magic series -> hyper or crossover combo :)

You can also start this in midair if you connect a dive kick! Once they bounce back up into your melee range if you time it right you can just do air normals into bon voyage and continue as normal.

Easy relaunch BnB, but I'm lost for what I can do to end the combo aside from fire breath or a crossover!
With Brand I usually do:
some ground string -> take u 4 a ride -> some variant of h,s depending on spacing -> j.mmh -> divekick, l elevator -> hs, j.mmhs -> super

I didn't know someone had already submitted the evidence. I'm in for a world of hurt!!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Does anyone know if the winpose images are still out in the wild somewhere? I know the Capcops shut down that guy's site, but surely someone snagged the files...

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Ahahaha they gave Ryu a new ending, sweet

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Dosvidanya posted:

Is it another megaman troll?
No, he becomes Iron Fist and owns Akuma

also, what's the deal with Skrull mission 7? I get the combo down fine, but it says it's looking for 'Air Inferno'. How the heck am I gonna do the air version??

e: nvm you just have to cancel it hecka early

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Ahahaha, the Rocket Raccoon title for beating Arcade is 'Ranger That Rescues'... oh capcom :allears:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQVsHQYTsUc

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Someone I know posted up this video just now. Anyone see any flaws in this tech??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUg3w9YulEQ

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Haha, those three images are like a whos-who of internet forum MVC3 character speculation.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Wanderer posted:

http://img.imgcake.com/1321749990648jpguz.jpg
Blade, the Silver Samurai, the Silver Surfer, no idea, no idea, Hunk (faceless guy who shows up in Resident Evil bonus scenarios a lot)
chick from Plasma Sword, Dazzler (classic costume), no idea, Thanos, Elektra, the Destroyer (indestructible suit of magic armor, sort of a Thor villain)
the Spectacular Spider-Ham (joke character from Marvel's parallel universe where everyone's an anthropomorphic animal), big dragon (Shadows Over Mystara?), no idea, Black Widow I (Natasha Romanov), Wasp, Dr. Wily
that guy from Ghost Trick, Steven Chapman from Dead Rising
The guy next to Black Widow is Vile from Mega Man X

also the cats next to the Fantastic Four are the Felynes from Monster Hunter, the red dragon next to Vile is Rathalos

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 20, 2011

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Metrohunter posted:

I just spent 3 hours playing Hawkeye/Frank/Nemesis, using Frank's meter assist and holy poo poo Hawkeye with ridiculous meter to spend is even more fun than Storm in the same situation. :psyduck:
No matter how much meter Frank's drink builds, it's insane not to pick shooping cart, also Frank is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally exposed during it

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Glass Eater posted:

e: any notable/popular Capcom characters missing from the collection?
No one from Sengoku Basara :(

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

leather fedora posted:

It's not a Capcom IP. Arc System Works even made a fighting game based on it.
Who owns it? All I know is that all the games are developed and published by Capcom...

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

That combo to get Frank to Level 4 is pretty nice. If I get fed up with how different Tron feels and how neutered her combos are, I might have to give Nova a try instead.
You're playing... Tron?! :stare:

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

Yes. We need more characters with swords, this is a thing we should argue for.
Yukimara from SB would be really cool and own. A sick combo of Sonson and Sol from GGX!!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Date Masamune would essentially be Wolvergil and that would be kinda cool/scary in a way I guess

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Chocolate America posted:

I tried out Vergil's Rapid Slash xx Devil Trigger mixup last night and it's embarrassingly good and easy to do. Holy poo poo. Thanks Yipes!

Yeah Vergil is staying on my team for a while. I'm glad I didn't give up on him too soon.
I'm not sure doing something that is blocked the exact same way every time can be called a 'mix up'

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

If you're going to do rapid slash xx super it might as well be swords anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

GVR posted:

Yep thats me, not played marvel in ages so I was pretty terrible, those rocket raccoon combos were great.
Nothing about Duffath's Rocket Raccoon is great :mad:

• Locked thread