Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
The best way to open with dante seems to be s.B anti airs and air dash j.H cross-ups. When a new character is coming in also use his acid rain to set up a mix up with teleports, j.H, whatever. If you're on point with bold cancels you can also use stinger to punish alot of stuff or just throw it out to keep them scared.
As for punishing people hiding in the corner of the screen, I think the best bet there is super jump/teleport air grabs, but I have trouble with actually pulling that off myself so don't take my word for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
Pretty sure his j.B has a full screen hit box.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
I just haven't entered because despite getting the pad warrior title I'm still bad at the game and will just embarrass myself.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
I'm joining all the people learning strange now. Running strange bolts/Dante jam session/wesker gunshot and i'm liking it alot so far. Jam session is really good with strange, bolts works well with the other two characters and DHCs between strange and Dante work pretty well. I need to spend some time learning the wesker/Dante unblockables and learning to make less bad decisions with strange.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
I haven't even tried learning FoF loops yet, I'm happy every time I successfully hit an impact palm loop. Also, it seems like his daggers keep going once they're moving even if Strange gets hit but I haven't researched it.

XBL is Vyrigeous, I usually just scrub around in 9th lord in ranked though.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
Jam session would probably work as well. Even with the setups though, firebrand still has to work way too hard for damage for him to be anywhere near the top tier.

VigilantePrime fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 16, 2013

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
And neither of them are 'Must Have' unless you like niche, mid tier characters.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
FGTV just did their weekly last night.
Apologyman is in the grand finals rocking his firebrand/Skrull tech. I was not a believer in firebrand until I saw this stream.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
That set was amazing, good poo poo Fooblat.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
It's definitely worth it to spend the bar to get your shades off. I don't know the exact numbers, but the damage and speed increase is significant and you can get some decent Oki off of Maximum Wesker.

Edit: according to This old article, the buff is 10% speed and 15% damage.

VigilantePrime fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 10, 2013

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008

wixard posted:

Maybe just because he's actually a 3D model, but in that Smash reveal he looks like the Megaman from the terrible PC game more than any console games. Capcom is really trolling the poo poo out of everyone putting that version in Smash and bad box art version in SFxT, and leaving good old, classic Megaman out in the cold.

Yeah, if you've looked at any of the media for the new smash it's pretty clear that they modeled Megaman off his NES 8-bit sprite. If you just want to hate on capcom there are actual legit ways to do it.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
You'll need to be more specific. As a general answer, always hold away from your opponent to block. Certain moves and most jumping attacks will hit overhead, so you need to block those standing while other moves will hit low, which you need to block crouching. As a general rule you should always be holding either down+back to defend and block overheads on reaction since lows are much faster, or in marvel you can hold up+back to jump in the air and block, which will block anything. Up+back leaves you with a couple of frames of vulnerability when your jump starts, so it's slightly less safe.

Cancelling in marvel is generally pretty easy. Cancel any lighter normal into a harder one by just pushing the button at any time after the previous move connects. Cancel normals into specials the same way, then specials into supers. Certain moves, such as your S, can also be canceled into jumps to get an air combo going. You say you can already do combos though, so I'm not really sure what you mean when you say you have trouble with cancelling.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
And remember the ABCs of playing Vajra, Always Be Calling. Use Vajra to set up teleport mix ups with vergil, and with Dante just do it whenever since he can OTG off the hard knock down for a full, mostly unscaled combo.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
That just sounds like Capcom thinks the game is unbalanced, but still isn't willing to go through the red tape of making a new patch. I'll believe it when they announce a new patch is actually being made.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
TACs should give you more time to counter, and should be weakened as a mechanic overall i.e. less meter removed/gained/hitstun scaling is normalized on them. Also TACs should be removed from the game entirely.

VigilantePrime fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 20, 2013

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008

itskage posted:

Hulk resets made me wonder. Can you option select forward/backward air H+S for a tech/throw or S? So like hulk gets S or throw, Morrigan gets shell kick or throw, etc?

If that is the case then I feel dumb for thinking about it now.

I'm at work or I'd test this, but I'm pretty curious to know the answer too.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
Deadpool is strongest on point imo. His assists aren't that good and he can deal with rushdown characters reasonably well provided he has the right assists backing him up. I would recommend Deadpool/doom missiles/Akuma tatsu if you want to run Akuma. You get missiles to bolster your zoning game with deadpool, and you get tatsu as a 'get off me' assist. Plus, Akuma is a very strong anchor.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
I just spent two hours doing Sentinel's mission 10 and I have this to say:
gently caress mission mode.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
I didn't have any problems with Jill's, it's just the last half of Sent's combo is all one or two frame links and I had a lot of trouble getting the timing down. His reminds me a lot of an SF4 mission actually.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
Any day now...

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008

Can we stop pretending this game is ever getting patched now?

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
I want people to stop playing this game online so I can stop hurting myself by playing this game online.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008

Excels posted:

I guess sometimes it's just Too Late to get into a game, especially since Doom has an infinite combo that I see everyone using online

That wasn't a typo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
Cloud's Dante is good but I still think GreenAce has the best Dante.

• Locked thread