Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Fereydun posted:

Air XF won't get her out of it if it still works, it's a 1f setup and doesn't allow for any action since it happens specifically after her revival animation. Spidey UWT resets are better now since they're actually impossible to airdash out of now too, so the question is simply if the hitbox will still hit Phoenix.

Spidey is looking buff as gently caress in Ultimate though. Off a UWT you can solo combo into a 850k damage combo. He's still got the same frame advantage off his web zip now instead of being negative so he's basically got a really disgusting way to get in and start pressuring.

Here's what Fereydun's talking about with regards to some of this Spidey stuff, I posted it in the now defunct MVC3 thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjYtJ5qh6_M&feature=youtu.be

All hail UMVC3, btw, game is really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I suck so hard, goddamn. Mission mode is loving me in the rear end, Clockwork was probably talking directly to me when he said on WNF that he thought the mission mode was harder.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Dre2Dee posted:

People with the game - is online improved noticeably?

Here's Maximilian's online impressions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtrZIIFKWxs

I haven't been on myself to check, I've been too busy slamming my head against a wall trying to get my execution back up to par.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
MarlinPie/Quotes in the lab: A lot of Rocket Raccoon going on in here.

http://www.twitch.tv/live_oratory

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Yipes and Clockwork are apparently at UC Irvine, and the matches are being streamed:
http://www.twitch.tv/offcast

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Broken Loose posted:

So, did Yipes move to California?

Yipes is here for SCR, at least that's what the commentator said. Clockwork playing Doom/Ammy/Strider on stream right now, BTW.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Dodgeball posted:

Speaking of Combo, he's supposedly going to stream "later today," but I've been in his channel for about 4 hours and he hasn't started yet.

It's up now. http://www.twitch.tv/comboratorylive

Edit: goddammit, anyway it's Yipes and Clockwork

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Combofiend looks like he's in the process of dropping Nemesis. :(

I might be slowly settling on using Spider-Man in a team, does anybody know if he still needs an OTG assist behind him to be effective, or does the new Web Zip thing work okay?

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Pretty good players playing on the PeacefulJay stream, including a dude playing a Viewtiful Joe/Frank West/ Rocket Raccoon team. He used Joe's new dodge move to Dodge a level 3 hyper. Was pretty cool. http://www.twitch.tv/peacefuljay

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
GREATEST COMEBACK EVER HOLY poo poo COMBOFIEND

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Waverhouse posted:

Does Hawkeye level 3 hit OTG?

Pretty sure it does.

EDIT: The New Testament says yes. Guide is great, BTW.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Fin Fang Foom card makes all characters on your team wear purple speedos.

Offline play for Heroes and Heralds sounds kinda weird, can't find if there's anything about local play: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/nov/03/umvc3s-heroes-heralds-mode-will-have-online-weekly-wars/

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I'm down to help you out Wanderer.

The chick from Okami is Susano, pretty sure that's Myria from BOF next to Fin Fang Foom, girl to the right of Gene is Lin from BOF: Dragon Quarter, Nina from BOF2, nex to Silver Surfer, and the dude next to the dragon is Vile from Mega Man X. The others you didn't get I'm stuck on myself.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Glass Eater posted:

any notable/popular Capcom characters missing from the collection?

The dude from Asura's Wrath, Samunosuke from Onimusha, Vanessa Schneider from PN03, and anybody from Power Stone are the closest I can think of.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Okay, on 8 on the break just now, Chris G made Phoenix Wright look not so bad. He was running Wright/Morrigan/Dante, and turtled until he got the levels for a team hyper combo. He used it and searched for all his evidence during the time, and switched into Morrigan who spammed fireballs and Wright invincible assist. It looked really, really frustrating.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

dorkasaurus rex posted:

Anyone got any good Morrigan UMVC3 tech? I'm still rocking and rolling with my vanilla MVC3 combos and getting bodied, but some advice on how to spam her meter-stealing Soul Fist and take advantage of her slightly easier flight cancelling would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odpYVLb0pBc&feature=player_embedded!

Dieminion running that Dark Morrigan anchor. Basically, his plan is to spam the poo poo out of the meter building assist she has, which is actually a lot safer to call out than Ammy's. He leaves her last so she gets the X-Factor boost for her pretty bad damage. Her physical damage is still rear end, so what you'll see if you watch a lot of the later matches in the tournament is just a war of attrition where eventually Morrigan just chips you out with Astral Vision fireballs.

A lot of people were saying that despite her buffs, the air dash nerf was going to rape her, but unless you're blindly going in with drill kick every second, she should probably be played as a keep away character. I actually think that indirectly, the air dash nerf helped her keep away game, because now she can just fly upwards in astral vision and make the game into a Touhou shooter, and with the weakened air mobility, it's hard for the opponent to really punish her for it, unless you have someone with an instant hit everywhere super.

I haven't really seen anyone incorporating the meter stealing fireball, to be honest, but the flight cancelling makes it easier for her to get around and fly away.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
That's a tough question, actually.

Easiest, I would say Wolverine, Wesker, and Captain America, I guess?

Hardest would probably be C. Viper, Spider-Man, and Rocket Raccoon.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Chris Matrix.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

CountBlanc posted:

Do any top players like MvC3? This is not rhetorical; is there anyone who is just bananas for UMvC3 and thinks it's a great game and just loves playing it?

Viscant and Clockwork really like the game, I think those are the only two have said so.

I think everybody recognizes that it's not as good as Marvel 2, but it's still pretty fun and it gives you the team dynamic that is simply not available in any other game out right now, excepting Skullgirls when it comes out.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Running Nina card with anchor Morrigan and spamming so many air fireballs. H&H is going to own.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Iron Fist assist wallbounce rules, but Iron Fist is a pretty hard character to use, so I'd stay away from him if I were starting out.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Dias posted:

Spooky and Haks were talking about this last night at Big Two. It's basically because it's sort of a vortex situation and it's not all that hard to setup, so people think MastaCJ is just being cheap or something. Viscant is familiar with that, he had to hear the same bullshit with his Wesker/assist mixups.

Sanford Kelly was at Bum's house when CJ wiped the loving floor with everyone in the room and left. As soon as he left, Sanford talked about how lovely this game is because CJ is good at it with his teleport/Estaka mix-up and was basically making GBS threads on CJ the whole time, while Dieminion in stream chat was also talking about how pro players don't respect his play.

If you watched the last Big Two you can see some remnants of this when Dieminion beat CJ in losers, he popped off and he apparently never does that.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
It's here, somewhere I guess: http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

It's one of the pre-apex ones, but I can't be hosed to figure out which video it's in.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
People that hate watching Morrigan don't deserve to watch fighting games. I love that Touhou poo poo. It's like the lamest thing I've ever seen and it rules.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Selane posted:

That reminds me, I gained respect for PR Rog when he didn't get salty at all even after losing in the grand finals in such a weird and embarassing fashion. He was a really good sport about it.

I thought he was kind of a poor sport for literally humping Mihe, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I think people stopped playing Ammy because they overreacted to the airdash nerf from Vanilla to Ultimate. M00nz, Zak Bennet, Marlinpie, and Clockwork all play pretty bad rear end Amaterasus, though.

• Locked thread