Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
So ready to BIONIC BOMBER you guys in the launch day tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ

Cinroth posted:

This wouldn't be a problem if mortals weren't so WEAK :c00l:

That reminds me, Frank seems to cut off his own line with the shopping cart hyper, Wesker-style.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
Launcher slam (the ground bounce one) does but there's a little bit before the armor is activated.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
I'll play you on xbl. I'll play anyone on xbl really. Gamertag: Mountain Smithy. Just let me know.

Re:mashing. You only need to hit like two buttons constantly, there is no reason for you to x factor.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
Chris is so much fun now. Being able to cancel his handgun into specials and hypers makes a world of difference.

Was running Chris/Doom/Spencer in a lobby last night and went on an 8 game win streak before quitting. Doom missiles keep people in check as I do as much damage with Chris as possible. If he dies, doom is a hell of a character on his own. If he dies, Spencer cleans up. Was a lot of fun.

e: and making sweep combo otg was the best decision.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
HUNK is one of the cards!

Also, there's no Gambit :ninja:

e: any notable/popular Capcom characters missing from the collection?

usedpizza fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 20, 2011

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
Crossover counter is forward + assist any time in blockstun, I believe.

Reverse cover is S tier.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
Why does everyone say Doom no longer needs the buktooth loop, what does he use instead?

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
If you already installed it and its freezing, then uninstall it and try the game normally. Or reinstall it. Or try both.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
Maybe if they were more central Florida I'd remember.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
So last night I stumbled across this dude named Bum who was running Haggar/Hulk/Chris. He was murdering everybody. 3-0'd Noel Brown, he actually got in on Dieminion with Haggar of all people.

There's quite a few matches in this archive somewhere: http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/302097436

I think he starts around 42:40, names are wrong so Crazy Joe is actually Bum. Right off the bat, a Haggar 100% combo on Nemesis :cool:

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
To bold cancel teleport try this: Down+LS, Down+S

e: or maybe do that backwards. I can't seem to remember.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
Patch dated for 12/19, including Heroes and Heralds.

Also the Vita version has replays. Now we're just waiting for the Vita-exclusive Mega Man character.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
Hsien-Ko takes unscaled damage while gold.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ

Phenotype posted:

Sorry to keep coming back to this, but what is going on when my grapple misses? I do LMHS, cancel to QCF+H, and the grapple will stretch up on the side of the opponent. (This is in the corner, btw)

You can't do that, it needs to be set up in some way. Like, magic series into wesker gunshot, s, qcf+h will work. But lmhs grapple doesn't work on anyone as far as I know.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
So here's a pretty sick nasty Akuma touch of death combo on Thor that starts with 0 meter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuTpSz9w-fY

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
You can only connect the M after a very short combo (like LMS cobra strike), or an air grab/command grab.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
Joe Frank and Rocket Raccoon all in the bottom-left ahaha

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

Bonus round: what can I do after a ground pound other than cancelling into armor piercer into grapple super?

If its early in the combo (Say you do magic series -> air magic series then bomber on the way down) then you can do MHS xx upgrapple.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ

This video is even better when it is played next to your avatar.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
I've been working on 480 missions recently, here are what I think about the missions (from what I've done, most ranked by missions 9 and 10)
Easy tier: Ryu, Hulk, She-Hulk, Nemesis, Frank, Spencer, Doctor Strange, Nova, Wesker, Arthur, Chris, Dante

Doable with a little effort tier: Storm, Thor, Felicia, Amaterasu, Haggar, Tron, Viewtiful Joe, Iron Man

Stupid bullshit tier: Super Skrull, X-23, Jill 10, Morrigan 10, C. Viper, Magneto 9, Firebrand 10

I haven't even attempted the other characters, but those are my thoughts so far. I've completed all of these except the bullshit tier, so I suggest them.

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
I just noticed the xbox tournament is back... uh well technically back, as I'm the only one signed up. Can't wait to win by default :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
Dangit I forgot about the tournament but a last minute signup screwed me from winning the 360 one by default. If someone signs up next week I'll try to remember.

• Locked thread