Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

legoman727 posted:

So, may as well repost.

Is it true that Virgil's normals negate projectiles? Because if so, what the hell, Capcom.

Some of Iron fist's normals negate projectiles as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Can we go back to protips on reliably doing the DP motion? I don't quite "get it" yet.

Also, as I have the game early, I'd be happy to help people answer any questions.

You do a Z motion on a stick. It's literally just a Z. Start at neutral and then draw a Z. Neutral, forward, down, down forward. If you cannot get it reliably like that then do a derp Z instead, a Z with a huge bottom line. Neutral, forward, down back, down, down forward.

If you are just starting out on a stick make sure you feel out your corners and walls before play/if you start to have trouble. You can learn to stop rubbing the walls at a later date, just concentrate on getting the input consistent for now.

And, this is the most important thing so I started this sentence with AND; take your time, don't rush, calm down and try to be accurate rather than fast. You can speed up after you've gotten consistent.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Kageneko posted:

Can someone give me some advice on why I can't catch them on the 2nd land of my Doom buk combo?

lovely cell video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zavx8YAxEG0

I feel like I'm not getting the j.M after the 2nd launcher fast enough, or I'm not letting them drop enough when I land the first time. Maybe it's both.

Also, is it better to let the j.M rock after the launch and hit fully, or should I cancel to the foot dive ASAP?

Your jM after launcher is too late, your jM after addf is to early.

Cut the jM after launcher down to a single hit, instead of 2 hits. It'll make the whole thing a lot easier.

The biggest thing is your jM's after addf, doing them way way to early.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 13, 2011

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nova's centurian rush assist (it's b I think) does hit overhead, and causes a ground bounce if it hits targets in the air.

Ghost rider/xx/nova seems fairly silly. I get half screen unblockables into full combos and ground bounce relaunches after ghost riders otgs.

I'm messing with virgil in second slot. There are a lot of good options for that slot tho.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

WHAT?! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

They aren't overheads, even when TKed or done in the air. Don't listen to this person.

Some nova crap.

Super jump air dash down forward and hit M. Depending on your timing you'll either get an overhead or land without doing it

Bread and butter: 2m/m 2h/h s jh js 6h h s jm jm jh (236l or m if you don't have red life to burn) super. This leads to an easy 700k, I'm pretty sure it'll work anywhere on screen as well.

The same combo, for a very little bit more damage goes like this 2m/m 2h/h s jh 214s jh js 6h h s jm jm jh (236l or m if you don't have red life to burn) super. The extra amount of damage isn't worth it tho.

I'm working on throw combos now. I'll post what I come up with later.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 16, 2011

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Bosushi! posted:

Anybody have any initial impressions of Ghost Rider? I'd like to use him because he's metal as gently caress and I like his OTG assists, but he seems like kind of a one trick pony on point and I can't see people falling for his bullshit very long. I also seem to have trouble with some of his basic stuff like linking jumping S into standing heavy or timing standing heavy after a wall bounce. Do you guys think he'll be worth polishing or should I move on?

The team I'm hoping to run is Wright/Rider/Dorm. Ofcourse it's gonna be gimmicky with Wright involved. Dorm is there because I want his Dark Hole assist to cover for Wright looking for evidence and he's also metal as gently caress. I'd really like Ghost Rider to have a role in there but I'm having doubts.

One trick pony? Bullshit?

Ghost Rider doesn't have anything like that, he's just all really solid zoning is all.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What are Nova's OTG options? I can't seem to get the timing on his forward H right.

forward dragon punch L (623L), and forward h (6h) both otg. Depending on combo scaling the dp can be followed up, for another launch. You can only follow it up with a super in the corner. The forward H can be followed up anywhere, but the timing is strict. I find standing H to be the most effective way to continue your combo after that forward H.

Try this bread and butter for Nova, it works anywhere.

M/cr.M, H/cr.H, S, jH, jS, land, forward H, H, S, jM, jM, jH, (quarter circle forward L or M) super. This will do 650k+ depending on if you use the quarter circle L or M, which super you use (use the ball most of the time, unless you've got some red life to burn), and how much red life spend on the quarter circle forward or the beam super.

Here is non-retarded notation for this.

m/2m, h/2h, s, jh, js, 6h, h, s, jm, jm, jh, (236L or M), 623pp or 236pp

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Im gonna try some stuff whenever I get home, but after you do the mmh at the end can you add in a fly cancel to extend or does the scaling take over? Like add fly lmhs, land, dpm l xx super. Im gonna play with nova combos tonight to see if he can extend any.

I doubt it, but a fly cancel after the first jH should work.

Nova's jS scales his combos really really really hard.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Niddhogg posted:

What's the deal with Rocket Raccoon's bear trap? Sometimes it causes ground bounce, sometimes....it doesn't

If you do it too late the enemy is hit standing for some reason and you don't get a ground bounce.

You need to do your air combo (use jm jm js or jh js) as late into your super jump as possible, and start the bear trap input really fast, rocket lands almost instantly from a proper js.

bonus raccoon content: I've been using (jm jm jh) m/2m h/2h s jm jm js 623m 236pp mash as my bread and butter, because my dumb fingers cannot get the stupid log trap to connect after a bear trap. That'd look like (jm jm jh) m/2m h/2h s jm jm js 623m 623h 236pp mash with smart hands. Bread and butter into a level 3 is basically the same thing with some more crap added on! (jm jm jh) m/2m h/2h s jm jm js 623m 623h s jm jm js 623pp mash (236pp mash).

Rocket raccoon's jm doesn't hit overhead, but the thing can be done super low off of the ground and has some forward movement. It might be possible to do instant jm, react to a pushblock with jm, jh and if you saw the jm hit go into combo, if you get pushblocked, rocket skates out of range to safety, and if you don't get pushblocked but don't know if you landed a hit go into 2m when you land. Still ain't hit? Teleport or rocket skates back out.

Rocky can also do instant air jS into rocket skates or the gun special. Doing this off of a backwards jump looks like an unholy hell of a time for lots of characters to rush down against.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 17, 2011

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

New (slightly harder but still not fly unfly hard) nova bnb:

(jH) M/2M H/2H S jH j214L jH M H S jM jM jH (j236L or M) super.

The trick to this is to hit the jH after the first jS as soon as you can, and immediatly cancel into the L rocket punch, you then catch the enemy with a falling jH so you can relaunch, the timing on this isn't super hard but it'll take some practice. Depending on timing it's possible to omit the standing M and just do standing H to get the relaunch, but it's hard.

Might not work on smaller or larger characters, I haven't checked yet.

Does 735,500 with standing attacks, the gravametric pulse, super nova full mash, and no red life used.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Veev posted:

What are some ways to escape air resets? I've been practicing resets using Nemesis's command grabs and franks anti-air super and I don't know what to look for if the opponent doesn't just take it.

Forward and backward techs, mash jL, mash an assist, throw tech, air dash, teleport, frame one invincible air hyper.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Vengarr posted:

God I hate learning new teams. No matter how perfectly I do the combos in training mode, as soon as I start an online match I just spazz out and start mashing buttons.

Try playing a few matches on pure defense. It'll give you time to warm up and calm your nerves as well as help improve your defense.

Better players will clue into this and go to town on you with just crazy mixup as well, so be prepared to see crazyness.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

With an opponent in the corner and ghost rider at just shy of a full zoomed in screen away, you can do ghost rider combo into 214M or H. Call nova assist (this hits overhead), wait just a tick, and then do 2h, which hits low. This can be comboed off of with proper timing, right into this set up again.

It's not the hardest to block unblockable ever, but like, it's still going to just blend people that let you get them in it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

My new nova Bnb.

(jH) M/2M H/2H S jH j214L jH M H S jH j214L jH j236L or M j623pp mash.

No red life spent, standing attacks, jH starter this does 774,800 damage, full mash.

The standing M is harder to hit against really big characters but not impossible. Against smaller character you need to delay the jH after your second launcher. This should work anywhere.

Use your red life on this, or putting up gravametric pulse barriers, don't bother using it for the beam super unless you're doing a punish or burning it in a THC or DHC.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

I can't seem to do this outside of a corner. Once the first Nova Strike hits the opponent gets knocked too far out of range for j.H to hit. I can't seem to do it any lower to the ground than I currently am. Do you have any advice?

Not really. I haven't had it fail yet, it does look like the opponent goes behind me when I do this, but the combo works normally.

What character are you trying this on, maybe I can replicate.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

I'm trying it on Vergil. My training team is Vergil/Raccoon/Sentinel so I have one opponent of each size, but I'm starting to worry that our little anime friend is on the runt side. I'd switch him to Wesker but I know how drat popular Vergil is, so the practice is useful.

Seems it only works midscreen on smaller characters. I can occasionally get it to work on iron fist, but I've no clue what the hell I'm doing to get it to work. If you can get the enemy to end up BEHIND nova at the end of the nova strike then it'll work, otherwise it looks like nope.

It should work at 4/5ths - 3/4ths of a zoomed screen away from the corner tho.

Against larger characters (tested this on sentinel, prolly necessary on nemesis as well) you should do this instead (jH) M/2M H/2H S jH j214L jL jH H S jH j214L jH j236L or M j623pp mash. Does nearly the same damage, is far easier to get the relaunch. Corner only.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

fadam posted:

Does anyone know of any assists that work really well with Ghost Rider?

I'm using Hawkeye's straight arrow because it works really well with him (and because he's an amazing anchor) but I need someone to stick in the middle.

Nova's Centurian Rush assist seems amazing. Hits overhead and does a ground bounce against airborn targets. It gives Ghost Rider unblockables and lets you relaunch after one of your chain slams for more chain. It doesn't hit full screen, but it's pretty drat useful at the ranges it'll work.

I use this combo as my bnb with nova assist: HH/2H 623L HH 214L call nova assist 236L HH 214L (236L 236PP mash) or M (623PP S + DHC) or H (623PP S + DHC) Does about 685K if I end it with hell fire into chain super.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

L connects, but the H afterward doesn't. I'm convinced that either you or I am drunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YPL6kB1JVA

Yeah, the L rocket punch combos won't work midscreen unless it's a smaller character. You use the H after the rocket punch there. The biggest i've gotten it to work on is iron fist, and even then it's a little iffy. You can tell when it'll work because nova ends up BEHIND the character you rocket punched before you do the jH to catch them. It looks weird as hell, but it works.

The jL then jH followups are for sent and nemesis in the corner, makes getting the relaunch on them a lot easier.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

Then I'm back at square 1. What am I doing wrong that H doesn't connect in the first attempt in that video? I've tried doing it later, I've tried doing it earlier (even leaving the turbo on so it hits on the first possible frame). I've seen him go behind like you've described, but so far it seems like it's luck as to whether or not he will.

It don't work mid screen unless you do it on smaller characters. Virgil is too big.

I'd record it being done on someone it'll work on, but I don't have any means to do that.

Honestly I'd just stick to using it as a corner combo.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

Oh-- drat it, I misread your initial post. Duh.

edit: Let's make this a better post.

Necro, take this proof of concept and do something with it.

You'll want to get full super jump height on the first launcher and hit H just before hitting the ground after the airdash. I haven't tried past the second Nova Strike so the last third of that is just theory.

I'll give it a try later.

I'd like something with some drat air dashes in. I had to scrape to find something that uses special attacks beside a pulse at the end.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

Oh-- drat it, I misread your initial post. Duh.

edit: Let's make this a better post.

Necro, take this proof of concept and do something with it.

You'll want to get full super jump height on the first launcher and hit H just before hitting the ground after the airdash. I haven't tried past the second Nova Strike so the last third of that is just theory.

You won't be able to go much past the second nova strike jm jh gravemetric pulse l or m super nova ender. And the jm jh grav pulse m super nova version isn't worth the damage increase at all. There just isn't enough hit stun left over.

Btw, that combo doesn't need a full super jump and an air dash down forward, you can just do the jh nova strike M as soon as possible and air dash forward for the jH, you just have to do the jH a little earlier than you'de think, cause the forward air dash's momentum carries through the jH.

Anyway, for my double nova strike L combo the following characters can be comboed at midscreen; strider, rocket, felicia, chris, firebrand, zero, viewtiful joe. With chris you're actually going to have to change directions a couple of times in the combo, it's weird.

The following characters can be comboed at mid screeen, but it's very inconsistent; dante, virgil, iron fist, haggar, wright.

The following characters are easier or only possible to combo in the corner with the jl jh version of the combo; amaterasu, sentinel, nemesis, hulk, dr. strange.

The following characters can be comboed MIDSCREEN with the jL jH version of the combo; sentinel, nemesis, hulk.

The following characters can be hit by the jL jH H in the alternate version of the combo, but the launcher will not connect; tron, dr. strange.

I haven't tested against anyone else.

Oh yeah, dropping all of these combos (as well as the midscreen nova strike M combo) after the last H should be an ok air throw reset setup.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Nov 19, 2011

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nova. Corner only. Tested against Chris and Spencer so far.

M/2M H/2H S jH j214L jH M H S jH j214L air dash down jH S jH 623PP mash.

775,700 full mash.

You have to hit the JH after tha air dash down as late as possible, and the S after that as soon as possible. The timing on this is a real pisser.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Can another nova player test something for me, Or just someone with some time and modest execution skills?

When throwing left with nova I can get centurian rush L, H S, jH nova strike M to hit. When throwing the enemy right with nova I cannot get the M nova strike to hit. I'm throwing the enemy out of, and not into, the corner in both cases. This is against akuma right now, but I've tested it against a few other characters and it won't work there either. Against heavier/larger characters the standing H won't hit at all, so there won't be enough hitstun left to combo into M nova strike either way, so don't bother trying on anyone haggar/she-hulk size or bigger.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 19, 2011

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Yeah. Low hitting assist + ghost rider isn't a great way to set up unblockables.

High hitting assist + ghost rider's sweep tho? That's dirty sexy fun.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Gunna post this assist specific combo for ghost rider, I'm using nova assist, but other stuff will probably work as well.

HH/2H 623L HH+assist1 623L HH 214L 236L 236PP mash. Gets 725k with HH starter+nova assist.

The reason this combo works is the assist (in my case nova) tags the enemy after the second wall bounce chain, keeping them from hitting the ground long enough that I can get more chain in.

This works well with the nova assist thanks to it's ground bounce, but the range from a corner I can do this is limited to a zoomed in screen/a little less than a zoomed in screen.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 20, 2011

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nova throw combos!

These all work with air throws as well.

Corner throw into corner: throw 6H S jH j214L add jH S jH j214L add jH j623PP mash. Does 520k

Midscreen throw into corner: throw 623L M S jH j214L add jH S jH j214L add jH j623PP mash. Does 518k

Working on Corner throw into midscreen right now, fingers are tired of this tho, so I ain't managed it yet. This is what I'm trying: throw 623L M S jH j214L addf jH S jH j214L add jH j623PP mash.

Razeam, what is the set up/notation for that XF3 infinite with Nova?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dren posted:

Nice I didn't know Nova Strike L addf j.H was a thing. It looked like there ought to be a way to continue after a Nova Strike L in the air I just hadn't found it.

Do you know if j.M j.M j.H NS L addf j.H xx fly j.M j.H j.S works at superjump height? You might even be able to get greedy and do a second NS L addf j.H since you might still be in flight, giving you a second airdash. I've been doing j.M j.M j.H xx fly j.M j.H NS M j.S but it's midscreen only.

It's not, that's a typo, the first nova strike should be nova strike M. I was super tired.

There are ways to follow up air nova strike L at midscreen, but they are pretty character specific.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Munsun posted:

He has a few things, but nothing he has is really going to make them regret super jumping.

His S has a pretty high up hit box. Dash under and do it as you wish.

His d.M has a curiously large hitbox, if you think they are going to empty jump, you can actually cross them up from the ground with this move just before they hit the ground. Links to launcher.

b+H has projectile properties, hits about jump height and recovers much faster than you think and chips.

Probably the most annoying thing vs super jumps is his b+M+H backdash is hosed up, you can spam it with no timing whatsoever and get an incredibly fast backdash cancel. Just hold back and spam M+H as fast as you can! So just dash forward a few times, and then turbo your way to the opposite side.

Yeah, that's the thing, GR cannot do much about super jumps, but super jumps also aren't really going to get you anything against him.

And characters going to full screen and teleporting isn't something ghost rider has to worry about either. Now if your opponent can set up teleport mixup from full screen, that's a different matter.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Oh jeez. I just realized that every Nova combo I do can lead into one of two different air throw reset setups, and one of them is safe if I call virgil assist when I do it. Gosh I love this character.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Yes. We need more characters with swords, this is a thing we should argue for.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Wong's not well known for his execution. His skills lie in other places.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

All of my Nova combos are designed to push my enemy into the corner, or get a bunch of damage in the corner. They all do at least 700k for 1 meter, or 510k for 1 meter off of a throw. I have something like 5-6 different reset options off of all of these combos, because I end them all in the same manner I don't have to learn any special resets for any of them.

I'm also using Virgil rapid slash assist to force blocks in the corner, or make otherwise unsafe normals and specials safe. I know combos off of the virgil assist with a large number of high/low mixup starters, and yes, all of these combos off of virgil assist can be neded for about 650k damage for 1 meter or with a reset.

Nova also gives my point character (ghost rider) unblockable reset set ups anywhere in screen, for a total of 960-1,050k damage.

This character is amazing. I also don't use a single fly/unfly combo.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

I did mash testing a few days back. Every hit in a mashable super has a just-frame input that can add an extra hit. Obviously, this means that mashable supers with many quick hits require actual mashing (like Supernova) as opposed to Phantom Dance which doesn't require much mashing at all. I ended up mapping the buttons just like you did and doing exactly what you're doing.

My go-to Nova BnB is the following:

It gets you almost all the damage of the flight-cancel H combos with none of the execution requirements. There's a huge difference between having a combo that gets potentially 750k if you concentrate really hard and getting 735k from a combo that you literally can not gently caress up without outright dropping the controller (ask any Wolverine player and compare to Dante/Magneto players). This frees me up for things like hit confirms.

I'm experimenting with Centurion Rush mixups. Shopping Cart, wait for the opponent to block, and Centurion Rush M or L depending on which way they're blocking. But I'll have to change the above combo if I use the M version since my ground bounce will be used up.

I do Centurion rush combos with virgil rapid slash assist. I suggest leading in with some sort of ground/jump normal+assist call and then doing the rush. Even if they pushblock your normal they still have to block the rush, and if your assist lasts long enough you're safe. Or you can do another low/overhead if you did get blocked and feel like being risky.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Captain Corduroy posted:

What's the deal with Nova's rocket punch super? It seems like it does dismal damage. I don't have the New Testament yet so I haven't been able to verify.
Really really projectile invulnerable. You can xfactor cancel it into a big damage combo, or, with certain teammates, DHC into a big damage combo. I think it's start up is also quite fast, but I'm not 100% on that.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Some nova crap.

All of my Nova combos end with nova strike L, air dash down, jH. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. I can spend a meter to super nova off of this of course, but that's not the point to this post.

I hit that last jH as close to the ground as I possibly can, done right, this leaves the enemy recovering in the air at about Nova's chest/head height, provided I don't finish the combo with a hyper anyway. In addition I've got enough left over hit stun from that last jH that I can jump up and block my enemy from teching out of the corner.

I usually call an assist when I go for this reset, but the basic idea is, I can go for an air throw or jL jM jH, both options can of course be followed with combos.

Instead of doing this I can cancel that last jH into fly on hit and hold up a bit, this will also block my enemies air tech and allow me to force them to guess jL/throw, but it prevents me from calling an assist.

Last, and honestly probably least, at this height Nova has time to super jump after doing the super nova hyper and catch the enemy with jL or an air throw as they recover, but this set up doesn't prevent the enemy from teching out of the corner.

After the super nova hyper it's probably possible to do an energy javelin to interfere with the enemies escape attempts as well, but I have no clue if this could lead into any sort of reset.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Waverhouse posted:

Getting nothing but Weskers and getting mad salty. I'm still trying to build a team around Skrull but not sure who to pick up. Doom works ok I guess, although Im still not sure if I like beam or missiles more. I also think I want Skrull on anchor more than Doom but then what's the point right?

Are there any Skrull players in the thread who could share some team ideas?

Skrull was secretly one of the top 5 best anchors in mvc3, he's gotten nothing but buffs since then.

If you plan to run him as a point, I suggest you find teammates that allow you to get good DHCs and give you assists that set up elastic slams. Doom rocks or sentinel drones, to force the enemy to jump, and dr. stranges bolts of balthak, to force the enemy to crouch, should all be very very good with skrull.

Skrull/Dr. Strange/Dr. Doom would give you two fantastic assists to go with skrull, as well as a DHC out of skrull.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Forward H is only used after a corner throw into the corner, after a jS really close to the ground, or after a jS that hits 2-3 or more times. You can realaunch after it with standing H into standing S or just standing S. Forward H requires and causes a ground bounce, so if you've already used a ground bounce it won't work.

Centurian Rush L is only used after a jS that has been used after a ground bounce, or after a throw where you can move at least 3/4ths of the screen before the centurian rush L hits. You relaunch after centurian rush L with standing M into S, or Standing M into H into S. If you're centurian rush L hasn't traveled a solid distance before hitting you won't be able to relaunch. You can always cancel centurian rush L into the Super Nova hyper on hit.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Honestly, once you're past the beginner Nova combos you'll want to basically stop using jS.

I sometimes use it for mixup after getting an opponent to block an assist, but that's about it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

To ghost rider players, tho I'm sure a bunch of you have already figured this out, when doing the standard bnb combo (HH/2H 623L HH 214L 236L 236PP mash) you want the hellfire otg to only hit once. If hellfire hits multiple times it'll scale the combos damage WAY down. We are talking a 40k+ damge difference here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Duck and burger posted:

I'm most comfortable with Viper and X-23, but they're kind of samey to have on one team compared to the rest of the cast. Dormammu is a fairly simple fall-back for me, as is Trish. I'd like to learn Ghost Rider and/or Ironman, but Ironman's normals are awkward to get used to and I'm not sure what to do with Ghost Rider. Dr. Strange seems super awesome as well. I didn't mention any specific characters because it's a general, fundamental problem I'm having, but character specifics would make for good examples, yeah. Any potent teams from that group? I've just been doing X-23, Viper, Trish/Dormammu.

Ghost Rider is kinda easy to play.

Do standing HH or crouching H canceled into 623L on hit (you can confirm this off of HH, but you'll need to watch for your opponent standing or not when you do 2H to know if you should cancel into this or not) or 623H if you get blocked, the 623L will wiff against many characters if they are crouching, for this reason 2H is often the better attack to start with.

Watch for pushblocks on your attacks and cancel into 623H or, against teleporters do nothing.

Use your assists.

Use 4H to push people who get in back out.

Throw in an occasional jumping S to help your keep away, but be aware that you probably aren't going to be able to get any combos off of it, the timing and spacing for linking into a crouching h or standing Hs is pretty hard.

Avoid using standing S or launcher combos, unless you want to do a TAC or anti-air someone above you, Ghost Rider gets piss poor damage off of launcher combos.

Be aware that if you wiff nearly anything completely you're VERY VERY punishable.

Bread and butter combo: HH/2H 623L HH 214L 236L(1 hit) 236PP mash. This does over 600K damage.

Depending on distance to the corner you may have to do this combo instead: HH/2H 623M HH 214M dash or M/2M (wiff) 236L(1 hit) 236PP mash. This does a solid bit less damage then the 214L combo.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 28, 2011

• Locked thread