Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

Dren posted:

and a Vergil who hit me with HSHSHSHSHSH for 45 marvel seconds until I got timeout victory.

Speaking of that, is there a way to actually punish that without a full screen super? Also is there a way to tell which direction that Maximum Vergil is going to hit you from? I always get hit with random ones even when I'm not pushing buttons, and it leads to so much easy damage that I think I should be able to avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Zero is frustrating as hell to play against, his stupid hitbox and frustrating range on his normals do cause me problems but at least at the level I play at I still find Wesker more a problem.

One thing that does stand out though is his combos take way to long. I usually take the opportunity to have a sip of tea though so it does have that benefit.

My friend plays a pretty good Zero and I gotta say he's way more annoying than wesker. Sure, Wesker will be frustrating as hell when he uses XF and kills your team in a single magic series, but that's easily beaten by snapping him in. Zero on the other hand is a much more grating experience because he's flat out better than you at most ranges and his combos don't actually kill you, so you're stuck in loops while you manage to find a moment to play the game. That said, it's still balanced out by Zero's poo poo health. It's so satisfying to land a single Cap combo and take down a full health Zero (Virgil too).

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

Erik The Viking posted:

OK so this is a good time to ask this: How do the different exchanges affect combos? I had no idea that up exchange was somehow different from side exchange and so on. Can someone please explain?

Down exchange uses a ground bounce I believe, side exchange uses wall bounce, and up exchange resets your hit stun. Also the position of where you start the combo changes.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

I'm having trouble with connecting Ryu's air S after an air super hado for the tk super hado follow up.. I can hit it maybe 2/10 times in training mode. I've figured out that it has something to do with making it so the air super doesn't fully connect but I can't really figure out what it is exactly that lets you do that.

• Locked thread