Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I hope Wesker gets tourney banned :colbert:

No Items
Wesker Only
Training Stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dosvidanya posted:

I meant trial :shobon:

Can you switch back to investigation mode after being in trial? I haven't even touched him. I could probably check but eh...

I imagine you would have to be able to. In the Assist Me! videos, Wright didn't have three pieces of good evidence but was still able to go into trial mode. I imagine another hit of down-down-special would put him back in investigation mode.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Lovin' it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Very nice, but I can't say no to rocking guitars while I choose my heroes.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cinroth posted:

"Is this real life??"

Seriously high-as-a-kite psychotic Jill owns. Completely out of whack

*fights Frank West*

"Whaa...zombies? Am I in MvC2 again?"

Edit: \/\/\/ - I don't think anyone is ever going to be able to control her stupid level 3, on account of the fact that no one is ever going to use her. Seth Killian needs to just show us this "godly tech" Jill has already.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Nov 14, 2011

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

gigawhite posted:

I'm more pissed off by the dumb names that people use for fighting game characters. Who the gently caress are Logan and Dog? Metal Arm? Helmet Head? Shades Guy?

Are you just quoting off Hulk's names for people?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Have Some Flowers! posted:

ROBOT is my favorite.

I'm hoping Hulk says something ridiculous like SQUIRREL for Rocket Raccoon.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dosvidanya posted:

Uh, he says chipmunk actually.

You know what? Good enough. :)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dosvidanya posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkDih50_Kbg

Here's video of nova slide cancel so you can see why I'm like dayum.

That looks ridiculous.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dosvidanya posted:

anyway, did some testing and

c.mhs sj.mmhs dpm l dpm 2xattacks does 625kish

c.mhs sj mmh fly mmhs (s cancels flight automatically) dpm l dpm 2xattacks does 650kish.

Note that that's off the slide which can be immediately canceled if it's blocked.

That's not too shabby for 1 bar. Any chance of you testing out his damage output with some assists?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtrZIIFKWxs

Maximillion saves the day for those wondering about the online.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

waspinator posted:

So a question from a mvc newbie (haven't played since mvc2 on dc), how would racoon, arthur, and strider, deadpool, or zero work out as a team?

That's kind of a hard thing to answer considering only a few of us even have the game yet, and two of those characters are brand new so we very little knowledge on what other characters they have good synergy with.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Holy poo poo Strider's health is atrocious goddamn

His health has always been atrocious. This should come as no surprise.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Broken Loose posted:

Turnabout is somehow more broken than Dark Phoenix.

I don't think that is going to last very long. It's not like Wright can teleport and his mobility sucks.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Rokstar posted:

What kind of speed boost does Strider gain from level 3 x-factor? I have a feeling he'll still be good as an anchor just because he'll be practically untouchable in the hands of someone who knows what he's doing. Sort of like a slightly toned down version of Dark Phoenix without all the having to save meter stuff.

Judging from videos i've seen, he looks at least twice as fast with XF3.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Liar Lyre posted:

Man, I got a film shoot tomorrow so I can't get on till 4 at the earliest. Maybe I'll just say I'm too sick to help...

Also, here's all of the special intros, win quotes, and more.
http://marvelvscapcom.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Conversations
My favorites? Deadpool making fun of the Spider-Man musical and everything Nova says. Nova's an rear end in a top hat.

Hawkeye vs Zero:"An angry space midget with a sword? Yeah, I've been at this too long."

Up yours Hawkeye. :colbert:

Edit: oops. Sorry for the double post.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 15, 2011

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Brosnan posted:

So, online is still lovely. Should make for a fun tourney. :smith:

Well at least maximillion was right when he said the online would probably turn to poo poo when the game was actually released.

Quick question, is the stream being recorded as well? I wouldn't mind being able to watch the tournament(my internet is crap and would choke trying to watch a stream).

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Calihan posted:

Odd effect for the wine. I would of thought it would restore health or something.

Oh well thanks again for the info.

Funny enough, Frank's "drink wine" assist gives a third of a bar of hyper meter.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

chumbler posted:

Yes I'm salty that the one time I managed to combo into a Trish super I started mashing and accidentally x factored before it fired even one shot.

Don't mash all four buttons, duh.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tae posted:

That's absolutely hilarious that Combo was literally winning with just Hawkeye and Spencer the first few sets. Spot some free meter for Fanatiq.

Fanatiq's saltiness was funny as well. I'll miss Combofiend's Vanilla team though. So many epic moments. :(

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

40 OZ posted:

I see the term "one trick pony" thrown around alot. There isn't anything wrong with only having one trick in fighting games, if it is a really good one.

Doesn't the problem lie in that it's easier to counter a one-trick pony, even if it is a really good trick?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jetfire posted:

I KO'ed a Vergil last night with a Gimlet just as he was teleporting. Got him right as he reappeared behind me. It was incredible.

So Gimlet can't even be avoided/punished with a well-timed teleport? RIP Dark Phoenix.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Niddhogg posted:

Doom needs no assistance. Doom needs only for you to clap when he is victorious.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Thundercracker posted:

What on earth, is Tron's role in this game now?

Troll Megaman Legends fans?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Of course she does, you can't put her on point. You can put Phoenix on point though, and that's not always a horrible idea if you know what you're doing. They are two seperate characters, they have been the whole time, and the sooner people realize it the better. Starting to see more regular Phoenix play in the last few months of original marvel's lifespan, hopefully that continues into ultimate.

Why the gently caress would you put Phoenix on point? She dies in half a combo.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Poco posted:

I was told Wolverine lost a ton of viability in UMvC3 because Berserker Slash lost its invincibility. Has it affected him that much, or is he still able to rushdown?

Wolverine still has a lot of power. He's just no longer scrubby top-tier.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Revitalized posted:

Thor still has better health I thought.

And I thought Nemesis can wavedash.

He can according to ASSIST ME!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Metrohunter posted:

What about a command dodge?

No no no, that makes too much sense. Spider-man clearly needs a dumb gimmick like a percentage-based dodging buff super.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

AXE COP posted:

That's not what he's talking about.

Those are the winposes though. They're just way too small for whatever Cat machine probably wants them for.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Hawkeye wouldn't be too shabby either if you want to make a pure keepaway team.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Yeah, but if you're at casuals or a tournament where you tend to not be on your own console and make a trip to the character select screen once for every 2 or 3 matches turning the 60 second process into a 10 second one would be pretty helpful.

It taking you 60 seconds to select characters and colors is your fault, not the game.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Metrohunter posted:

Time for Tony to start working on some Doombuster armor.

That reminds me. They should have given Ironman a new DLC alt. Galactus-Buster Iron Man would have looked badass.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

We don't talk about dreadlock Spencer anymore.

But they're the same Spencer. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Revitalized posted:

Until that DLC hits, it's the only Spencer we can talk about :colbert:

The worst part is that unless all tournament machines have the DLC, We're never going to see Combofiend with the Spencer he deserves. :(

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Skychrono posted:

I'm now one and fifteen online in ranked. You guys talk about how bad online is but no one online drops a combo against me. Ugh. Everyone I play online is amazing at this game. My only win was against another guy who had never won before - and I destroyed him. There are very large skill tiers here.

Ugh, I've never had a "I need to walk away and not look at this game for a week" game. I understand salty.

Remember that ranks are reset, so all those losses you are getting are probably from high-ranking online players. Maybe you should try fighting some people you know, get a chance to improve your game if the online losses are getting you that salty.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Skychrono posted:

Yeah, you're definitely right. Ranks will stabilize one day.

As for friends, I can beat them pretty reliably. It just seems like 90% of online players are savants.

Then play against other goons online. I'm sure people like Niddhogg would be more than willing to kick your rear end help you out with some training. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Radish posted:

Urgh I remember why I stopped playing this. I guess I fundamentally can't "get" this game series since I literally can't hit people. Like no matter which attack I use I'm always hit first. It's so bad that when I actually do win out it's so rare and I'm so not used to it I flub any attempt at comboing or whatever.

What characters are you using? Are you practicing at all or are you just jumping straight to online? The game is not hard to get, and this is from someone who never even attempted to get good at a fighting game until Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Like I told someone else, get some goons to help you out.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Radish posted:

I'm using She-Hulk, Hsien ko and really can't figure out who for the last slot (I was using Tron but gave up since I could never pull off any of her combos in an actual game despite being able to do them in training). I practice in training and can do a few combos (like that She Hulk one where she combos into the air then OFGs runner start into her super) and a few basic Hsien Ko stuff. However whenever I try to play it's literally me getting hit from both sides at the same time then comboed into oblivion. It's frustrating since it happens so fast and I can't do anything about it I never learn anything. Like I don't get how to even hit people without a huge amount of luck it's so bad.

I think the problem here is you're using characters that are not very straightforward, not to mention that Hsien-ko is garbage tier. Try using the simpler characters until you get more used to the game's mechanics. Ryu, Zero, Nova, Ghost Rider, etc can all do good damage and are a hell of a lot easier to use then Hsien-ko.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

McCloud posted:

Guys, I was hoping you could help my scrub rear end out. I've been practicing Dooms new BnB, but for some reason the second footdive sometimes misses. I've got everything else down I think, if I connect with fH S, but usually the forward H pushes the guy too far away to be hit by the S footdive.

So what am I doing wrong?

Are you doing it fast enough? If you're not hearing "Fo-Foot Dive!", you're doing it too slowly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Andrew_1985 posted:

So, I know I'm not great at UMvC3, but I was getting a ton of hatemail last night. Is that... normal? I thought angry hatemail was more XBox than PSN.

You're doing everything right. You're on your way to being a great online player. Reply to every hatemail with "That's Salt, Folks!"

• Locked thread