Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
ATTN CAPCOM:

You see this poo poo right here? THIS IS NOT OKAY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

flatluigi posted:

For four meters.

Nick does that in only 3: (skip to about 2:34)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74kgySPuKhg&feature=player_embedded

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 13, 2011

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

The more I think about this Wesker poo poo the more it's getting me mad. Seriously, what the gently caress Capcom, you don't make characters purposely high and low tier like this.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Cinroth posted:

Love the new Wesker stuff, love Wesker, haters are chaff. :smug:

Six billion cries of agony will birth the new (im)balance.

I just don't think it's good design to power up a character by beating on him (and if you look at the SSFIV thread, most people agree on this).

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Is Lariat assist still good? I've heard reports of it being poo poo and of it being pure bullshit.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Fereydun posted:

It's close, but it's missing one vital aspect...

And that's a drat shame, because Strange/Haggar/Rad Spencer would have made for one hell of a gimmick team.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I heard that the only normals Frank has that actually hit low are his slide and that OTG sweep he gets when he level's up. Can someone see if that's true?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Here's the full cinematic Trailer for UmvC3, everyone is in it now (if you are looking for Ammy and Dormammu, they are in the background during the Thor and Trish part)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSSILyBYtfs&feature=player_embedded

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

If you guys remember who SprintGod is (the guy with that crazy Haggar/Arthur/Felicia team combo video), he just put this up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyLPO7KNh2c

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Holy god drat, Level 4-5 Frank is so god drat fun.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

Why do you think Wright is bad for the health of the game?

Probably because he doesn't wear a trench coat or use a sword

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

The Rokstar posted:

It's not really that random though, I'd say you have at least a 75% chance of getting good evidence on every try from what I've seen so far.

Maybe I just haven't given him enough of a chance though, apparently press the witness assist becomes absolutely godly if you manage to power him up.

It's 100%* invincible and causes a wall bounce.

*apparently people on SRK have tested it, and it is possible to knock him out of it on start up with a physical hit hyper, but the guide said it makes all of his assists invincible so someone is lying or it's a glitch or something.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Calihan posted:

Can anyone explain what the gimmick is with Frank and his photography? It's likely something simple and stupid I'm missing but it seems to take for frigging ever to get him to level up.

The combo counter is how many PP you get when you take a picture, so a 20 hit combo ended by the Camera is equal to 21 PP (the camera counts as a hit).

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Calihan posted:

Ahhh that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I'm guessing drinking the wine before hand gives him a bonus to that (He makes different comments when snapping shots after it).

Yeah it doubles the PP you get, but remember after ten real life seconds Frank will throw up and he is completely vulnerable while this happens, but getting him off screen before will stop that from happening.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

I'm currently using Nova/Rider/Wright (Dick and the Nicks).

I have absolutely no idea how you can use Wright as an anchor with no evidence.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

I'm just using him for the assist lol

Might as well just use Felica then. Although there's no good team name out of that I suppose.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I'm probably late as hell on this but I just found out you actually have enough time to do Frank's OTG overhead move (qcf+H) after landing his Anti-Air Face smasher super. There's some crazy reset potential there.

edit: Also I think I found an easy unblockable setup with Frank and Nova (if you are using the Rush assist). Basically do Franks F+H (object throw) and call Nova at the same time, then mash out Frank's slide.

To be honest I don't know if this is a true unblockable, but it looks drat hard to block if it isn't.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Nov 17, 2011

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Anyone play Chris? I'm having a bitch of a time trying to get his OTG Shot into Magnum cancel consistently.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Ghostpilot posted:

I didn't think of trying it until you mentioned it, but went ahead and gave it a go. It's actually pretty easy. What's happening in your case?

Also, which OTG shot are you using (f+M or d+H)? If it's the former you'll have to be cleaner with the motion lest you get a grenade instead. The latter you can perform as part of the motion for the magnum.

It may be helpful to turn on the input display as well.

Yeah I turned on input display and quickly realized I was hitting the H for the magnum command too fast after the OTG.

In other news, Eventhubs and Gamespot put up the dates and packages for the Alt Costumes:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/nov/17/complete-dlc-costume-breakdown-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Arthur is still pretty bad but at least they put a hilarious amount of invincibility on his Heaven Slash, that move fucks with people online so badly.

Also Firebrand is almost as bad as a match up for Arthur here then in it was in Super Gn'G.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 17, 2011

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Ghostpilot posted:

At this point I could be all :smug: but really, I hate to see any character rendered irrelevant. :( Though remains to be seen if I was right about Haggar (since he's all but dropped off the radar).

As far as I can tell Lariat is still a really god damned strong assist.

Also his OTG isn't nearly as useless as everyone thought:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyLPO7KNh2c

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Tae posted:

The Mayor's problem has always been being zoned out, and now especially with zone characters being buffed in a sense with no blocking airdash, he's worse as a character along with a nerfed lariat.

He never had an airdash to start with and still doesn't so I don't see how that changes anything.

Also now that I think about it, giving Haggar an OTG that he can only follow up with assists was kind of a smart move by Capcom, maybe that's their way of saying "STOP PUTTING HAGGAR ON ANCHOR YOU DIPSHITS"

edit:

Niddhogg posted:

Haggar/Arthur/Doom: The best team... ever?

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 17, 2011

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Of course she does, you can't put her on point. You can put Phoenix on point though, and that's not always a horrible idea if you know what you're doing.

Deathwish will forever live on in our hearts :allears:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Speaking of Wallbounces, does Frank have any combos that set his up, or do you need assists?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Holy gently caress trying to get the most damage out of Haggar's Level 3 takes like, a level of 360 mashing I haven't seen since Mario Party 1.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Acceptable alternatives include tea-bagging and using a really long super.

Haggar's level 3 is great for this, "IT'S ALL OVER"

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I like Nemesis and all, but dear lord fighting Rocket, Arthur, V.Joe and Ammy is just a loving drag man.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Yeah Thor has the most, Nemesis actually only sits at 1.1m I think. A long time ago he was supposed to have 1.3m but they changed that pretty early on.

It's 1.15 million I think. If I remember right for HP it's

Thor: 1.25
Hulk/Haggar/Tron: 1.2
Nemesis/She Hulk: 1.15

Also isn't Ryu up there in Health? Like above 1 million?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

Hey Broken Loose, Deadpool has a winquote vs Spider-Man you make like ;)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3448857&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=28#post397754599

Foolishness, Cat Machine. Foolishness.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

Is Hawkeye any good? You think he would work well with Spencer/Doom? He's just so badass and awesome, I think I want him on my team.

Well so far Hawkeye is looking stupid strong. Combofiend uses Hawkeye and Spencer and right it seems Doom just goes with every team you can think of so yeah.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Dosvidanya posted:

So does Nova ;)

Also Frank

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Okay, I'm probably pretty slow on this, but I just noticed for something for Nick, doing Order in the Court actually destroys any bad evidence you have. Combined with the fact that it automatically puts you in Investigation mode that's pretty cool actually.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

Mission Mode is no joke this time but when you get combos like Skrull 10 it's just so satisfying.

Yeah, I knew they weren't kidding around when Haggar's mission 10 is actually the Hangeto corner loop.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

So if anyone uses Haggar/Frank like I do, turns out one mashed out Rapid Fire Fist can lead to instant level 5 Frank:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyGr4oDUGGk

There's gotta be a few other supers that let you do this but this one works really well because Lariat lets you follow up really easily after the first camera.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I think I have to drop Nemesis from any teams. Seriously every time you run into an Ammy, Rocket, Arthur or V.Joe it's like you have one character that can't even deal damage.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Fenn the Fool! posted:

You can do L Hooligan Launcher to start a combo before the wallbounce, if you time it right all of Wright's hits still land. Alternatively H Violent Axe will move you far enough that the last hit connects midscreen after the wallbounce, but that uses up your ground bounce too and does less damage overall.

Does anyone know how Haggar's moves combo once hitstun deterioration has kicked in hard? I'm running Haggar-Hawkeye-Doom with triple arrow and missiles so theoretically something like "ground combo, air combo, wild swing, cr.H OTG, Hawkeye assist, launch, air combo, air pipe, call doom, launch, wild swing, missiles hit, something" should work, I just don't really know what to try.

Try ground chain, air chain, air pipe call Doom, relaunch to M H Headbutt wild swing, OTG call Hawkeye and cancel the pipe into L Hoodlum before the pipe hits and TK cancel that into Body Press.

It's not the best place to call Doom but that's all that I can think of right now.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I've got "ground combo, air combo, wild swing, OTG, hawkeye, pipe (hits between 2nd and last arrow to conserve groundbounce), L hooligan, a.MMpipe" to work; I went for M, S on the groundbounce but it dropped after the M. I should have time to land and just do S+Call Doom, and if you follow that with an immediate low to the ground wild swing they're regrounded right as the missiles hit. I guess after that I'll just jump up and do wild swing again or maybe I can do Rapid Fists as the first few missiles hit but before they go up too high *shrug*

Go straight to S or Hoodlum L after the ground bounce, other wise the air MMHS won't work.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Ladies and gentlemen, Chris Redfield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaRDgXc6VN8

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Time for another addition in "What the Christ, Capcom:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_kXJO5VxA4&feature=player_embedded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Groghammer posted:

My copy of the New Testament came in today and I spent half an hour trying Dante combos. My fingers hurt, but it was worth it.

Should I switch Dante's and Frank's order in my team for Dante/Frank/Doom? TACing in with Frank would make getting to level 3 a lot easier.

Dante gets great use out of shopping cart so theres one thing, but on the other hand I'm not really a fan of relying on TAC's.

Can Dante use Devil Trigger to set up a DHC Glitch into Frank's Deadmeat super? DHC glitches still work, they just don't reset damage or scaling, but they do cause hard knock downs which can let Frank take a picture.

• Locked thread