Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

The more I think about this Wesker poo poo the more it's getting me mad. Seriously, what the gently caress Capcom, you don't make characters purposely high and low tier like this.

Let's ask the Blazblue thread how they feel about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

That Vergil loop looks hella sick but it's probably Hulk/Sentinel/Nemesis only. :smith:
Also, English Vergil for life.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I think the j.S causing a groundbounce is almost exclusive to heavyweights like Sentinel, Hulk et al. Oh and Vergil.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Call Maya and assists, get 3 evidence pieces, tag out and perform a team aerial combo to Wright, then use objection in the air. Easiest and probably the safest way to combo into it thus far.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Cinroth posted:

That's cheating

My friend just told me he got his copy from shopto.net and they shipped the game on Monday and it arrived today so I chewed him out for not telling me earlier :argh:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

The more hits you do in a combo, the more exp you get towards his next level. 1 hit = 1 exp when taking the photo. I think his levels go like this 2 = 5xp, 3 = 25xp, 4 = 50xp, 5 = 100xp. So if you get a 25 hit combo at the start of the round and then take a photo, you'll get to level 3.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, drinking gives you double exp for a limited time but makes Frank throw up after it runs out.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Prone shot was godlike in day 1 vanilla, too.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Great to hear that Nemesis works well with Frank, I was going to try it out tonight but you guys already did the legwork for me :shepface:

Is there a list of the new license card titles yet? I want to know if there's anything better than "I'm The Mayor". Though, probably not.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Regular Phoenix play was always putting her into slot 3 and only fighting with her when she got snapped in or didn't have 5 bars yet, though. Nobody put her on point or into slot 2.

edit: well aside from that one guy at the start of the MvC3 EVO tournament I guess

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I just got my first Ultimate disconnect when I killed a Sentinel assist with Gimlet :kiddo:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Revitalized posted:

Thor still has better health I thought.

And I thought Nemesis can wavedash.

Nemesis can wavedash and it looks like an anime ninja run. :allears:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

What about a command dodge?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, of course. How silly of me.

Does the Nemesis + Frank THC work outside of the corner? I haven't tested it extensively yet but when I tried it midscreen, they popped out after Frank's super finished.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Are there any other characters that can go behind Frank for easy level 4+ THCs asides Nemesis and Dante? I want to try out Hawkeye/Frank/Nemesis later on, but I'm finding it hard choosing between Frank's meter assist for gimlet supremacy or his shopping cart assist for creating space.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

For the corner relaunch combo, I superjump backwards after the launcher, QCB+L~M for freeze arrow, then slide and relaunch. Superjump straight up and delay the magic series slightly otherwise they seem to drop out after j.MM and before H. After landing you should be able to do QCB+L~L for OTG poison shot.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

It's worth noting that you can also activate poison arrow quicker in the jump than freeze shot.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I just spent 3 hours playing Hawkeye/Frank/Nemesis, using Frank's meter assist and holy poo poo Hawkeye with ridiculous meter to spend is even more fun than Storm in the same situation. :psyduck:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

No matter how much meter Frank's drink builds, it's insane not to pick shooping cart, also Frank is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally exposed during it

Maybe when you play people who know how to rushdown properly. :shepface:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I would pay for a Rocket Raccoon alt costume if it was classic Megaman.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Doesn't the strategy guide suggest superjumping, then flying straight up and repeatedly using smartbombs?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Time for Tony to start working on some Doombuster armor.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Dosvidanya posted:

They should just give him hulk buster armor and have another really slow character with super armor on some of his moves and maybe give him a token air dash.

He could be called worse hulk.

I think the airdash alone would make him better than Hulk.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I picked up Captain America yesterday, am I supposed to do anything besides harass with shield slashes and cross up with cartwheel + assist? Because that served me pretty well so far.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, comboing off shield slashes is super easy and leads to about 700k if I want to spend the meter.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

What is it with Chun and infinites these days? I swear.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

There was a video earlier where Chun's j.L was shown to reset damage scaling, maybe Nova has something similar?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Gonna need a gif of Knives and the crowd with Noel sitting there with a stoney expression on his face.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I just fought a Multi-Man Wesker team that appeared to have infinite x-factor. Or at least it lasted well over a minute. :smithicide:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

The only reason to pick Tron other than sincerely liking the character disappeared in Ultimate. Strangely enough I almost never see Sentinel players online any more, and when I do they're almost always Hulk/Nemesis/Sentinel and playing how you'd probably expect.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I agree that Dormammu is really, really good, but I don't think he's really being slept on. Not compared to some other characters at least.

I remember before vanilla release, Seth was explaining Dormammu's dark spells and that power of the creator x3 prevented the opponent from jumping. I'm surprised I haven't seen anybody use that yet.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Cap's easy, fairly effective and simple. The only issue you might have is that you remember to adjust your combos depending on how close you are to the corner when you start your combo unless you have Deadpool or Wesker OTG assists.
If you're midscreen or further away from the corner you can just do whatever > launcher > MMHS > Shield Slash L > dash up > launcher > MMHS > Shield Slash L > Hyper Charging Star.

Cap also has a down+H command normal in the air which you can use instead of second M, it'll do a little more damage but if you're still getting used to the basics then you can forget about it until you feel ready.

Metrohunter fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 28, 2011

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Those will work too. Hell, I use Vergil's Rapid Slash assist for Cap's corner combo and it works fine. As long as it doesn't knock the opponent too high up and comes out fairly quickly it'll probably work just fine.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

The only wallbounce assists I can think of off the top of my head are Wesker's Ghost Butterfly assist, Nemesis' Clothesline Rocket and Phoenix Wright's boosted up Press The Witness assist. But then if you're using Wesker you might as well just use his Samurai Edge assist to OTG with instead as it's better for that purpose. I don't think Sentinel or Hulk have wallbounces at all, though Nemesis has groundbounces and wallbounces.

e: Nemesis' Clothesline Rocket assist doesn't combo very well midscreen since the rocket will hit them after the wallbounce and they'll drop out afterwards unless you can follow up with something. That said I know the rocket misses the opponent if your opponent is in the corner which should let you follow up. I haven't tried it myself though but it's definitely worth a try. Nemesis has a groundbouncing assist too.

Metrohunter fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 28, 2011

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I'm still not really feeling Vergil despite him being my slot 2 on my main team and getting some decent mileage with him. Overall I have the same basic gameplan with him as I do Wesker in terms of teleports and fishing for airgrabs, but I just don't feel confident playing him yet and I often spend several meters on spiral swords for the extra protection they give. I can't really say I've had this with any other character either.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

You mean his Purification assist? Liberation uses his current destroyer/creator spell charges. Purification does hit all the way up to the top of the screen, but it's slow, like all of Dorm's assists. Purification in specific has 56 startup frames. Not nearly as fast as Dante's Jam Session but it does force most characters to block if they're just trying to superjump in on you.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Doom's launcher is -1 as well. :toot:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

You can easily get the max hits for a super by tapping LMH at a fairly pedestrian rate.

Sometimes I miss one hit off hyper charging star and I leave an 800k hp character alive with a few thousand health :smithicide:

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

PalmTreeFun posted:

Which characters all have weird hitboxes in this game? I know Shuma does, and some of the smaller characters like Joe drop out of some combos, but I'd love to know how I can practice to make sure that I don't end up with no viable BnB's when I'm fighting against a character with a weird hitbox.

Iron Man and Jill both cannot be picked up after an otg gunshot from Wesker by crouching medium and you have to use crouching light instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Groghammer posted:

I didn't know Sentinel had a special winquote against Zero.

"Retrieving useful technology" :ironicat:

My favorite dialogue vs Zero:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WxL52aciz2U#t=102s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WxL52aciz2U#t=139s
:allears:

• Locked thread