Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ten more years months!

Also, I don't remember this getting posted in the last thread but Maximillian posted his videos for Capcom side of the cast changes (Part 2) and Capcom mashable hypers.

Brother Entropy fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

Somebody mentioned that the Spiderman Phoenix kill setups no longer work. Is that true, and if so can somebody who has the game test the following things:

When you kill Phoenix with a Maximum Spider, can you still DHC into Hail Storm late in the Dark Phoenix super freeze?

Can she air x factor and teleport out of it?

Well, if she can air X-Factor will she even need to teleport? No chip damage during X-Factor and all.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fereydun posted:

Air XF won't get her out of it if it still works, it's a 1f setup and doesn't allow for any action since it happens specifically after her revival animation. Spidey UWT resets are better now since they're actually impossible to airdash out of now too, so the question is simply if the hitbox will still hit Phoenix.

Well yeah, but I was responding to someone asking about DHCing into Ice Storm, not UWT set-ups(which is apparently impossible now?).

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

...the gently caress is maximum spencer?

It's Broken Loose being passive aggressive that people aren't using arbitrary move names up to his standards.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kuai posted:

I think my gamestop is having a midnight release for the game which is odd. is there another big game coming out on tuesday?

Saint's Row 3 and the new Assassin's Creed.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cat Machine posted:

THEY NERFED POST-KO FLYING :(

Wait, how? I've been doing it just fine.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Good tourney yall. Feels good that my two loses were to second and third placers.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waterbed posted:

Sorry for valuing the health of a game over wackiness.

Why do you think Wright is bad for the health of the game?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Might as well just use Felica then. Although there's no good team name out of that I suppose.

A Dick, a pussy, and Ghost Rider.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fieldmedic posted:

Who won Wed night fights this week?

Combofiend. Dude's got a really good Hawkeye.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gonna say real quick that most people refer to assists by their name, not their alpha/beta/gamma thing. Easier to know what's being talked about like that.

Anyway, what makes you think Wesker is a lacking point character? He's one of the best characters in the game just by himself and I imagine two good assist characters like Sent and Akuma would help him even more.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Whoa, is that loving Stilt Man from Daredevil on the right? I mean left

Nah, that's Machine Man.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Killer 7 characters are probably a little trickier to use since Grasshopper Studios is still around and they might have some legal rights or royalties involved with those characters.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Whatever Doom assist you've got should be at least a decent help at getting Frank in, which one are you using?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Doorselfin posted:

I'm thinking of constructing an "Eat it" team with Ghost Rider ("EAT CHAIN!"), Chris ("EAT LEAD!") and Tron ("IT'S LUNCHTIME!")

Who else makes people eat things?

PINEAPPLE SURPRISE

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

You'll probably want to figure out a decent length Frank combo that gives you a meter and end it with a THC. Nemesis' rocket hyper lasts awhile and I'm pretty sure some people have used it with Frank to get in two camera shots in one combo.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

We don't even know how the assist will be tweaked yet. Maybe instead of being 100% invincible the whole time, it'll only be invincible during the actual walking animation or invincible up to the point where he stops walking or etc etc, so you've got a small window to punish him like practically every other assist in the game.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dias posted:

I just don't see any reason to nerf that. I mean, as of now no one's getting results with Wright, since it's really hard to get him to Turnabout and unlike Phoenix his Light version is actually pretty bad. It's way more interesting and less dumb than Dark Phoenix or XF3 Wesker, that's for sure.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a principles thing to be honest and not really about Wright himself. Gustaff Fire got nerfed(and so did Lariat, I think?) and nerfing Press the Witness next makes it seem like the design team aren't big fans of invincible/nearly-invincible assists as a way to get pressure off you easily.

Of course, this raises the question as to why Press the Witness got into the game 100% invincible in the first place.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

PalmTreeFun posted:

It might be nice on Thor too, since he has some chargeable moves. Namely Mighty Smash.

Who cares about Mighty Smash, it's all about using fully charged Mighty Strikes to get in on the other guy.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

quote:

Red Hulk (B Rank):
Primary: You will be unable to see your vitality and HC gauges. + Increases attack power. [Lv. 3]
Secondary: You will be unable to see your vitality and HC gauges. + Sends the opponent flying upon activation of X-Factor.

Daredevil (B Rank):
Primary: You will be unable to see how much HC Gauge your opponent has. + HC Gauge refills automatically. [Lv. 2]
Secondary: You will be unable to see how much HC Gauge your opponent has. + Cancel one special move into another at the cost of HC Gauge.

I'm guessing cards like these are why offline Vs. isn't included.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gigawhite posted:

It's probably more that they knew it was going to be online only when they went about making the cards.

Eh, same difference. Just saying there are some cards that wouldn't make sense if both players were looking at the same screen.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

^^ The changelog video doesn't mention nerfs for either of those two.

AXE COP posted:

Do the multiple x-factor cards let you activate it again before it runs out? It feels like that could lead to some incredible combos.

Nope, at least not from what I've played around with.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

RageBeef posted:

So I need some help with my team. So far I've been running Ghost Rider(Heartles Spire)/Morrigan(Dark Harmonizer)/Doom(Missiles) and I've been having a decent amount of success with this team but lately it's become more of a struggle as Ghost Rider becomes more and more of a liability because he keeps getting blown up by characters that can rush him down or zone him out before he can get his own offense set up (which is like 90% of the time). I'm trying to find another character to replace him and has better synergy with my other two characters. Right now I'm giving Skrull another shot and dabbling a bit into Spencer but I'm open to any suggestions anyone might have.

Try out Dorm. He's got the tools to deal with either rushdown or keepaway and he can runaway himself like GR can, all his hypers are good so Morrigan's meter gains will go to good use and he works well with Hidden Missiles.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dorm (Black Hole) / Sent (Drones) / Ryu (Tatsu) or the same team but Sent and Ryu's order switched?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

I just realized last night that Dorm's head flame gets taller the more dark spells he has charged up. Nice little touch.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

I like the look of nova but which of his assists should I be using?

Definitely his overhead.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

XF3 Strider by himself without Ourobouros is really scary too, he isn't DP in terms of he will sweep your whole team with a comeback even if you completely blew up his first two characters. But if your having an evenish game so far maybe even winning a bit and they have Strider on anchor you lose. The point I was mostly getting at was snap him in and blow him up with a silly on entrance mixup then kill him right then and there.

Even if XF3 Strider wasn't that powerful, it'd still probably be a great idea to snap-in Strider just to deal with that drat assist.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

More of a step sideways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Yeah, Dorm's assists aren't that hot(especially compared to Wesker and Doom) so he's probably best as a point character.

• Locked thread