Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Liar Lyre posted:

Also, here's all of the special intros, win quotes, and more.
http://marvelvscapcom.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Conversations

Ghost Rider posted:

(vs. Phoenix Wright, She-Hulk) "So there's this contract with Mephisto I want you to look at for me..."

:allears:

e: hahaha

MODOK posted:

(vs. Rocket Raccoon) "I defeated a raccoon. SCIENCE!"

AXE COP fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Nov 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Mike Ross takes on Fanatiq in a new Ultimate Runnin' Sets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPgSUPbne_E

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Also from Desk: instant level 5 Frank in a 1.2 million damage combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZwWKqSf5Vc

e: Also also from Maximilian, a new Marvel Madness Live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXyiWmehihA

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
There is no god, KKKhristian sheep... INFERRRNOOOO

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Why are people comparing Wright to Dark Phoenix? They're like, complete opposites (unless you think "has a powerful mode" means they are identical).

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Oh Deadpool :allears:

Deadpool posted:

(vs. Spider-Man) "Hey, did you know that Wesker guy stole your Maximum Spider move? You were doing that back in Marvel Super Heroes! So...Gonna go kick his rear end? Can I watch?"

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

LightningKimba posted:

Scroll to Artwork on the bottom.

That's not what he's talking about.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

apophenium posted:

People online just cannot block

There you go.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

Yeah, that's why nobody gets hit by it twice. Strangely, if you hold up back you block and don't get grabbed, but you never leave the floor, so an anti-air super afterwards won't work.

Is it corner only?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Why does nobody use Magneto's counter special? I see people using Wesker's and Ammy's occassionally but I didn't even realise mags had one until I watched his trailer again.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Phenotype posted:

A person can be raised in a multi-racial neighborhood, have friends of every color and sexuality growing up and throughout his life, and yet be a loving idiot because he thinks publicly dressing up like something you're not is a little silly?

gently caress off.

Yes and yes. At the very least you are painfully ignorant and at worst incredibly bigoted. Hth

e: nice title mate

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

apophenium posted:

It's Spooky, it'll be up again in a matter of seconds.

Haha yeah.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
The Ultimate Marvelous Adventures of Gootecks & Mike Ross Ep. 1 - THE RETURN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPnswEDTp-M

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Sick mindgames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuTDG47jXAQ&hd=1

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

kaujot posted:

Edit: I think AXE COP just had a question answered. :unsmith:

I'm internet famous!!

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Do the multiple x-factor cards let you activate it again before it runs out? It feels like that could lead to some incredible combos.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Why would they nerf Phoenix's invincible assist, which requires incredible effort and luck to set up, and not touch Frank's? :I

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Don't think this was posted yet: official changelog for the new patch. http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2011/12/20/ultimate_mvc3_change_log_for_heroes__heralds_update

quote:

Anytime throw tech glitch has been removed.

Characters can now air block when falling to the ground after an air dash.

Phoenix Wright's α and β assists are no longer invincible in Turnabout Mode.

Knockback from Wolverine's "Berserker Rage" has been modified so that infinite combos are no longer possible.

The second hit of Hulk's "Anti Air Gamma Charge 2nd H" is no longer an untechable knockdown after 2 reps, so infinite combos are no longer possible.

Vergil's "Helmet Breaker" can no longer be canceled through button drumming.

Hawkeye's "Trick Shot (Violet Fizz)" poison damage will now continue during the capture state of "Quick Shot (Hunter)."

There was one frame where you could not block after activating X-Factor, but that has been fixed so you can block immediately now.

When hitting an assist character who has super armor, it has been modified so that proper hit stun still occurs.

Super armor breaking moves no longer cause a momentary freeze on hit.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Rockiavelli posted:

Whenever I would hit them with something that would have killed them, they would gain more health/red health and then not die. Happened with everything I could throw at them - regular attacks, super attacks, assists - before, during, and after their X-Factor. Managed to have more health when time ran out, but it was super annoying never being able to kill the last member, hitting them enough that they had a full bar of red health, and having it regenerate completely during X-Factor.

Sounds like they had the Nick Fury card that heals you when you're below 5%.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Has anybody ever managed to put Ryu's Denjin Mode to good use yet? Literally every time people have used it on streams they just kind of hop around for a bit and it goes to waste.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Desk posted a video of some crazy-rear end H&H special cancel combos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzaCCVke_Y

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Metrohunter posted:

I'm contemplating picking up Skrull, anybody got some cool resources I might not find on SRK?

Hi I'm Nastyy created a great guide for Skrull: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHHK_YFdINk

It's for vanilla but most of it should still apply and his Ultimate guide is coming soon.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Brett824 posted:

So I spent 3~ hours last night practicing the Firebrand Skrull Unblockable loop. After messing around with it for a while I've come to the conclusion that it really isn't particularly difficult and I'm really not sure why more people aren't doing it. Other than the fact that you have to be playing Firebrand and Skrull(/sentinel also possibly a meter building assist), it really doesn't have too many obvious weaknesses either.

I dunno about Firebrand but Skrull is p great in ultimate. Viscant places him at just below top tier.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Capcom on more DLC: "unless we planned for it beforehand it's impossible to add more".

http://shoryuken.com/2012/01/27/cap...-wasnt-planned/

:I

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Krad posted:

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: gently caress Megaman Phoenix Wright.

Isn't that a buff?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Roguelike posted:

I'm actually more inclined to believe that ChrisG just picked a bunch of random low tier characters with no synergy because he has no respect for Dieminion at all. And won anyway, because ChrisG is really good at the game and Dieminion still doesn't have a copy and has probably never played against Hsien-ko before in his life.

He was practising with that team in the casuals beforehand. I don't think it was just a random select thing.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
There's some pretty ballin new shinkiro art up on the capcom blog:

now featuring Squinty Magneto

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Shiki Dan posted:

Gunfire isn't bad, but is it really even close to the same level as Akuma Tatsu?

In other words, an assist so good that top players literally build their team around it?

I haven't seen Chris get a massive amount of play at top level. There are a couple of notable players who use him (Bum and Chuck spring to mind even though they're more known for Haggar play) and I think he's a really solid character who'll probably see more use once people start to twig.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

The Rokstar posted:

Nerf everyone, I won't be happy until this is Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Cripple Edition.

Professor X confirmed

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I like X-Factor

Why?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Liku posted:

Doesn't that just make people repeat the same combo more times than they already do?

It means you need to invest more meter and/or have better execution to kill off a character, rather than "do a magic series with wolverine". As is there's no point in learning otherwise cool characters like Jill or Strider because most people can do far more damage than them for far less effort.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Gene??? :swoon:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Every time Wesker runs out of bullets he'll pull out a different, much better gun. He starts off his piddly little peashooter and by the end of the match he's hurling cruise missiles at you constantly.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Also if UMvC3X3 is real please add Asura, Gene, Cyclops, a Sengoku Basara character, and I really don't care about anything else. TIA.

Capcom announces they are adding a God Hand character, reveals it to be Elvis. Everybody is still happy because Elvis loving owns, cabron.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Flying High posted:

There is a very good player playing a team of Haggar/Phoenix Wright/M.O.D.O.K at http://www.twitch.tv/armshouse/b/313248554 about 1h58m40s in that is playing none other then DNT.Zak Bennett playing a team of Firebrand/Dorm/Ammy!

The second round is a very very close match between them. This a very good set between very good players, with some very good phoenix wright play.

That spacing between the pillars with Wright was fantastic.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I wonder if people will still be playing this game in ten years and what the metagame will look like. Maybe people will be laughing at the idea of Wesker ever being top tier.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

SpaceBees posted:

Wow that seems pretty dumb.

Yeah it's a shame because the mode had a lot of cool potential (Rocket Raccoon with unlimited invisible airdashes :allears:)

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Remove Zero then add him as another costume for Frank West.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Weren't Capcom making a big announcement in Famitsu this week? If it's fighting game related then it could maybe be something to do with Marvel, although I guess that's quite unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
#staged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zugRecj6XZg

• Locked thread