Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Bloodly posted:

Hm. If they wanted to do 'Origins' they'd include War of the Gems, if they ain't released it already.(I don't know much about what Capcom have or have not put out there.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7d8x1mXVU8&feature=relmfu

Watch the boss battles with the various player characters. More importantly, watch the animations for player characters and some bosses. Then go back and look at Marvel Super Heroes or any of the Vs line again.

NB: War of the Gems on the SNES actually arrived after the release of MSH in arcades.

Both were preceded by Children of the Atom featuring Akuma as a hidden character. Maybe they'll do two more Origins packs with the vs. Street Fighter games in one and CotA/War of the Gems in the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Rirse posted:

But Marvel vs Capcom 2 is utterly gone, but somehow Origin lives.

It's likely a separate contract that was signed after the MVC2 and MVC3 deal, and since it came later it has a later expiry date.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Excels posted:

Personally I was very impressed with the effort that went into UMVC3, particularly the strong faithfulness to each character's strengths and weaknesses. I mean competitively it's very unbalanced but they certainly did their research.

I think Phoenix Wright is one of the most interesting gimmick characters in a fighting game I've ever seen. Plus the alt costumes and even the colorswaps are very clever. I like that Phoenix has Godot and Edgeworth colorswaps.

And loving Sissel from Ghost Trick, a game which unfortunately didn't sell that well. But they threw that color scheme in there anyway.

Probably time I finally picked this up before it starts disappearing. Grabbed the DLC in the firesale because I knew I would sometime.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Prism posted:

Super Ultra Dead Rising 3' Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX+ Alpha. The best name.

Fixed.

• Locked thread