Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will never get tired of reading Vergil's description, great OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel like everytime I make a really dumb mistake in online mode there should be a drat laughtrack, because online Marvel might as well be a slapstick comedy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TaurusOxford posted:

He doesn't look stupid anymore. That's reason enough.

He didn't look stupid to begin with.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Japan's taste seems awfully familiar.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
UMvC3 is filled with Mega Man trolls already, it's not like BBA Megaman is somehow going to add to the trolling when they already used that card on SFxT.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Niddhogg posted:

That would be awful.

Yeah seriously, how did anyone play TvC and think the giants were a good idea?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That and SF4 is actually their property they can do whatever they want with, while Marvel is a joint project with another company's characters who also have say in what happens with the game. Don't let that stop some of you from acting indignant though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jeffrey posted:

poor capcom went to bat for us and couldn't pull this one out, im sure they gave it their all don't be so hard on them mean thread posters

I'm not saying that, god knows while they still had the license they should've done something about the game, even last minute would've been fine. At this point though it's just stupid to get mad at them for not updating a product they have no control over anymore compared to SF4 which is their property 100%.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
X-23 was also added to promote what was at the time her new comic.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Sissel and Missile were Heroes and Heralds cards. It was cool all of the nods and references to other stuff those modes, character colors, and the stages had.

Excels posted:

I don't follow the MVC3 pros much but based on my experiences online, you would think there were only about 15 characters to pick from!

This is actually a good number for a game like Marvel compare it to most games with huge casts of characters and only a select number are actually viable. MvC2 is a great game and that one's got about under 10 legit viable characters and some of those are assist only. This isn't to say Marvel 3 is better, just that it actually is not as poorly balanced as you'd think, the problem with comes in its mechanics and how you play.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 11, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I doubt in the list if things Marvel cares about one of them is "A story mode that represents the characters" when they were just fine with little to none, yet were very concerned with Dr. Strange's hand gestures. Marvel pulled their games digitally from both Capcom and Activision's side. Chances are they are reevaluating who they are doing business with and will probably work with Capcom again given that both MvC3 and UMvC3 were profitable.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doggboat posted:

Movie representation as in looks(alot of characters look pretty old-school in MvC3). And I think they do care, because Injustice got praised for the story mode and sold better if I remember correctly. To update the presentation and get the critical acclaim Injustice got are probably 2 of the most important things for them, if they did another fighting game.

Injustice did not sell better, the only fighting game since Marvel 3 that sold better than it was MK9 and that was for a myriad of different reasons. MVC3 was used to promote the movies from several characters and they do not care what Capcom does so long as they follow the rules on what characters they can use. Marvel did not interfere with Capcom at that point either except for Strange's handsigns, not even for costumes.

This might have change with Avengers now, but I do not see them doing that with a theoretical MvC4 either, they let Capcom do their own thing with every game. Hell, even Avengers the Battle for Earth doesn't have a proper story mode, you just run through areas beating up enemies with characters and movie versions of the characters are unlockable in that game. It's meant to be the game they released for the movie, so it strikes me as weird they wouldn't crack down on that more if it were the case.

For the most part Marvel doesn't seem to stick its dick too far into games they license to other companies and let them do their own thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I dunno if we have numbers on the upgrade for Arcade Edition, I'm pretty sure the standalone discs didn't make it past a million though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uh, please ban Sentinel, Magneto, Storm and Cable because they beat the rest of the cast.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jeffrey posted:

Can we go back to caring about kof13 now?

We've always cared abut KoF13, just no one ever played it.

I would like to see MvC2 come back, the side tourneys for it are fun as hell and watching Justin beat that one dude so definitively was hilarious. Although with the games off of PSN and XBLA now it's probably gonna be harder for tourney organizers to put that sort of thing together, since some might not have the game on their consoles or download histories. I know that I'm not going to probably ever be able to play dudes on the IRC since I only recently got a 360 for cheap and can't buy MVC2 on the Marketplace because reasons.

Oh well, we'll always have Mahvel in some form, I suppose.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dangerdoom volvo posted:

If it was an anime game no one would play it except some very dedicated japanese dudes that people would sometimes watch on youtube and be like haha man this game is so loving busted, what is it called?

This is basically what Japan already does with Marvel games, they're considered to pretty lovely over there.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TaurusOxford posted:

Doesn't Japan essentially have the same problem with Marvel as Americans did with Tatsunoko where nobody gave a poo poo about the Not-Capcom half of the cast?

That's part of it, but Japan in general has never cared for Marvel games, they've been considered kusoge as far back as Children of the Atom due to how silly some of the mechanics are and the generally broken nature of the games. TvC is also considered to be one along with Sengoku Basara X and Fist of the North Star. The people in Japan who play them don't actually enjoy them because they think they're good fighting games, they just find them fun. Our attitude towards FotNS and SBX is generally the same.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Who is the most motivated?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Excels posted:

I just want the VJ2 and Okami cliffhanger endings to be resolved, is that such a crime, Capcom?

This wouldn't happen even if Nintendo bought them, you dunce.

brian posted:

I wouldn't discount the possibility that they're waiting for Evo to announce anything to get those crowd reaction shots for PR and whatnot

Isn't this pretty much exactly what they're doing? Like have there not been several hints that Capcom is announcing a new fighter for Evo? Maybe if that one's popular people can stop reviving this thread as their personal reaction thread and actually let it die.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RickoniX posted:

Some sort of..jam...solely fought by Capcom characters? It's just crazy enough to work

I dunno, Capcom branded jam might not turn out so well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's on PSP you should probably play it because it's more fun than any Marvel inspired Capcom fighter that will theoretically ever be made.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Harada keeps saying TxSF is a thing and he seems to be really enthusiastic about doing it in general. Now that all of his projects are done he and his team might be working on it in earnest.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yeah they need to reaffirm their presence when their most popular game is still the one being played by everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
None of those tweets really say anything one way or the other about Capcom not making any new fighting games, just that they're not making Rival Schools 3, CvS3, and there are no plans for a Capcom all fighter.

• Locked thread