Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Getting 1st place is impossible...
So excited, I actually signed up for the tournament. Now I should probably play some MvC3 in hopes that I become not crap before Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Heh, no items, just another nerf for Hsien-Ko.

and Nick. Evidence is banned. :ohdear:

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Made sure to pre-order this yesterday so I can be beaten tonight. How does the Goon tournament work? I figure we all get into the chat channel and then a host adds people into a lobby and the correct people fight? I'm not worried, but just irked about having to add too many "friends" just to participate.

Also hurray spectator mode because if our games are played like this at least I get to watch some fun crap.

e: I'm prolly diving in with some kind of Zero/Nick/Tronne or Zero/Vergil/Strider. Sword team! I hate not using a girl but I don't know if I can count on my Tronne assist to piss people off anymore. Need to play....

Latte Lottie fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Nov 15, 2011

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

I am completely lost on the timing for Vergil's OTG into Maximum Vergil. I see people do it to me all the time, I've tried every sort of timing. I am probably just overlooking something stupid.

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Mac9k5 posted:

I have heard the trick is to wait until he just starts to fall, and for some reason using M+H works better the L+M or L+H. I don't play the dude, this is just what i have heard.

Oh, wow. That's messed up. If I use M+H it's simple. I usually use L+M for my hypers. Thanks!

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

animatorZed posted:

Not sure if you know, so apologies if this is redundant, but you're actually canceling the OTG into teleport, into super.

Oh, so the L is using teleport. Like I said before, figured I was overlooking something stupid.

That aside, I'm really liking my Zero/Vergil/Strider team. Anyone wanna comment on why this is a bad team in the long run? I prefer to use characters I like, so I've just been sticking this out. I'm getting more wins than losses lately, but if for some reason this team isn't viable I'd like to switch it around soon. Right now I'm just playing online for fun.

edit: Vergil assist is random slashes and strider is teleport.

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

The original Marvel guide was fun to read even when you weren't playing the game. I felt like I was getting better just by reading it! But seriously, it's huge and full of every single bit of info. It looks great, too. I'm waiting a bit till I get my Ultimate copy because every site has been a douche about timing/pricing etc.

Even if I somehow magically master all characters (no), it'll still be a nice read a few months from now.

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

swamp waste posted:

People will know you buy katanas on ebay, other than that you got a solid team

I do not own katanas, I'm not that cool :colbert:

My Xbox username was ShooterHeart1CC and my title was "I prefer Swords!" I found that sorta amusing before I changed my gamer tag. Thanks for the input people, glad I can stick with my team and not be forced to use a specific character.

This is just ridiculous.

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Dren posted:

What is ridiculous about that? Other characters do more damage than that without a DHC.

It took me almost half a day just to pull it off a few times(the Vergil part is confusing to me). Maybe you have magic memory, but I think that is tough to execute. Not always about damage.

e: clarity

Latte Lottie fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 26, 2011

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

FighterKnuckles posted:

Back to Marvel, how does anyone get used to holding a charge shot with Zero using a pad? It seems pretty much impossible for me to do anything offensive and still hold the charge.

Assign a trigger to be S and just hold that.

e: efb because I read through threads as well as I play this game

Latte Lottie fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 2, 2011

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Mr. Fun posted:

It literally doesn't change anything about doing the combo except you don't have to switch characters when you screw up.

The point of practicing it is so you don't screw up and do the exchange in an actual match. What's not to get here?

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Bisse posted:

Seriously? I thought the game was selling bad?

Well they did put a commercial out for it that I've seen at least ten times already. It contains a lot of flashy clips of lv 3 hypers and it also says "only $40.00!." What gamer wouldn't jump on that!? That plus the old vanilla players might equal decent sales. I can't find any numbers though, so someone else will have to actually provide the important information.

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

I've been messing around with a bunch of characters, and it's all good fun. I remember what Viscant said, Zero is the best character. I think I believe him, jumping H, great mix up dashes, air dash. He might be the best front person. Zero can mix you up from wherever(usually), and assists only make it easier.

I'm not great at this game, and my main is Zero. So what do you think?

e: also DHCs, shadow hyper etc. I dunno I think Zero is swag.

Latte Lottie fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 15, 2011

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Vengarr posted:

He's good, but I feel like he's really weak to counters. His j.H pressure is so predictable that he is one of the few characters I can time Wesker counters with, and Rhino Charge utterly destroys him. Moves with startup invincibility destroy his pressure game as well...Lariat, Bionic arm...take away the threat of his crossup j.H and he's nowhere near as threatening.

Zero can zone okay and assists can make him zone great. As for Wesker, I think the best person to fight Wesker is Zero. Wesker is mean, he can do whatever. With assists and jumping H you have a good chance of catching Wesker. I hate Wesker, but who doesn't?

Lariat assist requires patience, you do actually need to read your opponent and know when it will be out. Of course Zero isn't an instant win button, I'm just trying to point out he might actually be top 5.

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Just played someone on Xbox ranked who had their mic set to make the most annoying loud static. Of course it distracted me because I couldn't stop thinking "what an rear end." Luckily ranked match paired me up with them again and then I kicked their rear end. Stay classy Xbox community.

Signing up for Xbox tournament, should be fun to see if my Zero can annoy goons as much as random online idiots.

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Couldn't you mute them?

I just turned my TV down, I don't use a mic so I couldn't just turn that off. I have no clue if you can mute a specific person without blocking them or anything like that. Either way the match was starting and I just figured oh well.

I have around a 500/500 record on ranked so I'm use to all kinds of dumb crap being yelled at me from my TV. Just thought of posting about it because the static was seriously louder than my TV itself, but all is well that ends well.

e: vvvvv Nice to know, thanks!

Latte Lottie fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Latte Lottie
Oct 6, 2011

hrpff posted:

So can anyone actually stand to play this game online? I stopped playing vanilla when I had a match where I was guessing correctly on which way to block every time but kept getting hit anyway.

I've kinda rolled my eyes at people for deciding to buy or not buy a game based on whether or not megamen are in it, but then I started playing skullgirls and said, 'I don't want to play as any of these loving characters,' so I'm left here with nothing to do wondering if it's worth it to try picking this up for online play only.

I don't think you will enjoy this game. It's much faster than normal fighters and you need to understand pretty much everything every character can do.

It is a very good game, and I love it.

e: if you are willing to learn, jump right in

• Locked thread