Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I need a ranged assist for my team (Dante/Vergil/?) and I'd prefer to use beams over projectiles. Is Doom viable without using airdashes? I just can't pull off that downwards-right dash that most Doom BnBs use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Sorry, should've expounded a bit more:

I'm really inconsistent with the downwards-right airdash after the j.m -> 6H (I probably flail around too much with the stick, it usually goes into an airdash going straight to the right); and in the event I manage to pull it off, I can't get the second j.M to hit since either the opponent recovers or I land too early.

If I can't get Doom right, I might as well use Iron Man since I'm already familiar with the character; but it'll be a shame since I'm convinced a Dante/Vergil/Doom team would be pretty great if I can get my execution down.

^^^: Yeah, I use the L+M+H setting in the controller config as my dash button.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 5, 2012

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Can you input special moves during a Hyper cutscene? Suppose I'm about to hit Taskmaster with Dante's Helm Breaker, then Taskmaster goes into his counter Hyper: can I cancel Helm Breaker into Air Play by hitting QCF+M while the cutscene is still going, or will that not work?

vvv: Cool, thanks!

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 23, 2012

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
At this point, MarlinPie's Doom is going to make better combo videos than the new DmC's Dante.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

jscolon2.0 posted:

I find it funny that Megaman is a Smash character but not an MvC character right now.

I was watching the Nintendo stream right as he was revealed, and it was both awesome and kinda sad since Megaman is a perfect fit for a Brawl game given his history with Nintendo consoles and handhelds, and yet the character hasn't been used by his own company in a good capacity for a long-rear end time. Even Dante and his bro managed to end up in U/MvC3 in their most famous incarnations while the DmC reboot was nearing release, and all Megaman got was X being used as a Zero skin.

vvv: Yeah, but would you classify that as being used in a good capacity, as funny as it was?

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 14, 2013

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

MrSquarepants posted:

Just to make sure i understand what you're saying . Call Vajra assist, teleport behind,if the assist hits i go into a combo?

ie. On a basic level, play defensive, use assist to get a hit(constantly calling in?), teleport in and go nuts?

Call the assist and use it to cover your teleport by forcing the enemy to block the assist. If he doesn't and gets hit, yay, you have a combo. If he does, then now you've got the opportunity to put some pressure on him or disengage if you think it looks bad.

Don't spam assists though. Vajra may be a great assist, but if your opponent's any good he'll learn your call and counter your teleport/blow up Strider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I miss that "Sons of Sparda" combo montage someone did on Youtube a year or so ago. It had some crazy poo poo worthy of DMC like playing around with invincibility frames to do little no-damage "skits", nearly replicating a jump-cancel Helm Breaker combo from DMC3 (with matching clip :swoon:), and a dual DT hyper combo that looked real cool.

Apparently the dude got his account hacked and I couldn't find it anymore :smith:

EDIT: Wait, no, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20C8S0Dsjf8

EDIT 2: Half-wrong, whoops :v: This one's good, but it doesn't have everything I described. Maybe it had something to do with breatoal; she did some stuff for U/MvC3 when Dante and Vergil were announced for the games.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 3, 2014

• Locked thread