Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Is it all right to still post here?

holy poo poo is this thread dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
We could still talk about the streams.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Thanks I guess.

Last year, Capcom made a JP only mobile game called Street Fighter X All Capcom that featured over 500 Capcom characters in the roster.

Capcom has enough characters in its stable to make it's OWN version of Marvel vs Capcom 2/3, and NOT have to deal with Marvel/Disney's logistical bullshit

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i really, really wish eventhubs would stop posting these loving articles

Marvel has gone so far up its own rear end in terms of giving companies its license its not even funny. I don't see a collaboration with Capcom even in the far future.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Doggboat posted:

Or Capcom doesn't want to bother with Marvel licensing for a while and tries a CvC game in the style of MvC to see if the Mahvel audience accepts it.

It's a capcom 3v3 fighting game.

it'd sell like hotcakes.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

Contrast Marvel 2, which had little in the way of character balance but was mechanically phenomenal, which made it exciting and fun even at the god tier level.

yeah lets just pretend high tier marvel 2 didnt get boring as poo poo either

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Seriously? A side tourny that was to be that game's proverbial "Swan Song" in the mainstream tournament scene? THAT'S what you're going with?

you sure showed me :v:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i guess i'll just post some of Lythero's videos in the thread. gently caress knows he's a (somewhat) refreshing change of pace

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 28, 2014

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
haha, scrub.... that sick burn never gets old

I watched that match when it was streaming, so I dont get your point.

Its a poor counterpoint for the most part because it isn't even a real loving tournament. It's just a set.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

The actual successor to MvC2 on modern systems would be Skullgirls Encore, but that's a whole different post.

SGE is a great game that desperately needs more characters (beyond the handfull currently in development) and would get them too if god didnt hate mike z :smith:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Ryota_Niitsuma

Niitsuma's Twitter posted:

ふと自分の今までの業務を整理してみた。版権モノならコイツと社内で言われてたが、小学館、集英社、タツノコプロ、MARVEL(途中からディズニー)すべてと仕事した人はそうそういないんじゃないかと思った(笑)。

what does niitsuma even do at capcom at this point? he seems WAY less proactive than ono and more of the stereotypical 'yes' man

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Lynx Winters posted:

That explains everything, thanks.

do you really want me to link to google translation?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

Chrome offered to translate it for me, I may have it formed into a coherent sentence by Monday. It's really broken.

please do so :-(

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Sade posted:

I tried to organize a business of their own until now suddenly. It was said in-house and this guy if copyright thing, but I thought that was not it not oh yeah who work with all (Disney from the middle) Shogakukan, Shueisha, Tatsunoko, MARVEL (laughs).

me loving around with google translate posted:

I tried to arrange a business of my own until now suddenly. It was said internally with this fellow if copyright objects, but I thought that was not it not oh yeah who work with all (Disney from the middle) Shogakukan, Shueisha, Tatsunoko, MARVEL (laughs).

It almost sounds like Niitsuma is up to something...

some sad, desperate part of me wants to believe I'll be getting another 3v3 Capcom fighting game in the future, but that just doesn't seem financially sound for Capcom. :smith:

Do 3v3 fighters even MAKE a decent amount for Capcom? The Vs series always seemed like the blacksheep of Capcom franchises, mostly due to the fact that your average joe doesn't really care about it as much they would Street Fighter

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 9, 2014

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
It's Day One of E3 today you guys! I wonder what great announcements Capcom haHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Excels posted:

What is the big deal about Power Stone? I watched the anime at some point in my life and it was nothing special.

seriously?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

That would seriously solve all the problems of the Vs. Capcom series. No hassles with third-parties, no issues with the audience not giving a poo poo about the not-Capcom half of the roster, and you can easily utilize the entire Capcom roster that has been getting ignored for years. Power Stone, Megaman, God Hand, Asura's Wrath, etc.

As Long As It Plays Like Marvel

I don't really think Capcom likes 3v3 fighters.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
*SIGH*...

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Unification of what? garbage shovelware mobile games?

EDIT: Also

David "Dawgtanian" Hinds from Capcom posted:

I don’t want to say no, definitely not. But there’s no reason as to why that’s the end of all Marvel games with Capcom. I’m not present in those meetings but we’ll just have to wait and see I guess.

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 13, 2014

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
is it cool if i post this here?

Niitsuma would like to be a part of a Capcom vs. Capcom game if it happens, says curtain is closing on UMvC3

looks like street fighter is the only thing FG related they've been working on this year.

so much for reaffirming your presence in the fighting game genre....

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 10, 2014

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
their words not mine bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I just want to state that I deliberately avoided seeing a majority of the Evo2k14 UMvC3 finals, because it ALWAYS leads to inevitable disappointment for me. Luckily for me, this is the strangest Evo of the last five years.

Thank god I didn't see this live. I would've lost my loving poo poo. THIS should've been the finals

• Locked thread