Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Wanderer posted:

They aren't "broke," they aren't "doomed," they aren't "on the verge of bankruptcy." A bunch of idiot bloggers played the telephone game and gleefully decided to believe the worst because Capcom did something they didn't like. I do think that they're going to need to seriously reexamine their development structure going forward, but pretty much everyone's in that boat.
They did exactly that one year ago. Which is why the only inhouse game in the last year was MH4. The rest was outsourced stuff(DR3, LP3, RM, Strider, DMC, rereleases all done in the west). Also they opened their own fighting game studio in osaka I believe.
But one website said they must be broke and gaming websites are always right, so forget I said anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

I mean, I know I'm dreaming, but I would love to see this series continue. Oh well, maybe once the Marvel Cinematic Universe bubble bursts in 5-7 years, maybe then we'll see another MvC. Why does MD have to be such dicks with the license? Of all things videogame related, Capcom should get a pass considering the history. What I'm trying to say is, gently caress MD.
Maybe they want a MvC with a proper story mode and movie representations of their heroes? Or Capcom doesn't want to bother with Marvel licensing for a while and tries a CvC game in the style of MvC to see if the Mahvel audience accepts it.
Anyway, I don't think we are that far away from a MvC-like game.

Worst case scenario we get an Injustice-like Marvel game. Would fit in their new "one universe" approach.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

I doubt in the list if things Marvel cares about one of them is "A story mode that represents the characters"
Movie representation as in looks(alot of characters look pretty old-school in MvC3). And I think they do care, because Injustice got praised for the story mode and sold better if I remember correctly. To update the presentation and get the critical acclaim Injustice got are probably 2 of the most important things for them, if they did another fighting game.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

For the most part Marvel doesn't seem to stick its dick too far into games they license to other companies and let them do their own thing.
Recently Marvel said things about unifying their game universe so that could change.
I don't know why you oppose the idea, that they would want a NetherRealm-like story mode, so much. Critics and fans love them and most people see them as an inevitable step in the future of fighting games. Whoever is in charge of games at Marvel won't ignore that. Combined with their new vision of a video game universe(as stupid as it is), it would make sense to improve in that regard and match their rival Injustice. Ofcourse only if they actually make a fighting game in the foreseeable future.

Jeffrey posted:

Did arcade edition outsell marvel? (I'd count both the upgrade and the standalone.)
I don't think Capcom released any numbers on the digital version and there is no other source for them.
If I had to guess, I would say they might be even.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Race Realists posted:

so much for reaffirming your presence in the fighting game genre....
They launched Capcom Pro Tour and updated SF4. It might not satisfy what people wished it meant, but I think it qualifies.

• Locked thread