Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Jmcrofts posted:

How many teams did we see Sentinel on in vanilla.....

Are you trying to say Sentinel is bad? If not then never mind.

If you are then seriously that poo poo needs to stop. Infrit got 2nd place at EVO and tons of his wins were clutch comebacks with Sentinel. IIRC DiosX and Knives also have excellent Sentinels and make comebacks with him all the time.

Is he top tier? Not at all. Is the "Wackbot" name deserved? Not at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Also check out Noel Brown's team of Wolverine/Frank/Wesker. Obviously you won't be playing Wesker but just go watch some of his videos and watch him get Frank up to level 4 with a 100% combo off a single touch. Shopping Cart assist helps Wolverine a LOT, and based on the list of characters you seem to like I'd put Sentinel on anchor. Drones assist is every bit as good (if not better) for Wolverine as Shopping Cart, and Sent is a great L3XF anchor. Drones can also help you leveled-up Frank get in if Wolvie goes down. That team has tons of good synergy.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
What's a relatively easy Dormammu BnB?

Also what are some good assists that help him continue combos? I can't seem to get Flame Carpet to give me reliable OTGs for relaunch. Right now I'm trying Doom Plasma Beam and Wesker gunshot but I'm open to suggestions.

Oh and I also tried Hidden Missiles but I can't figure out a way to make them OTG and I don't know if that's even possible.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Thanks everyone. I guess I need to experiment with the assist timings more. I normally play Wesker/Doom/Strider and I'm used to calling Plasma Beam assist almost at the exact same time I do the OTG gunshot.

I also found a couple reasonable-execution combos for Dorm online. A couple of them involve a Dark Hole in midair for extra damage and I'm gonna work on those.

Also the timing of Chaotic Flame after Purification is way tighter than it looks on a stream or in a video!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

The Dark Wind posted:

Assuming someone had like Sako or Desk levels of execution and could consistently hit the Firebrand touch of death all the time, is there any reason Firebrand wouldn't be considered top tier? It sounds like in the hands of someone who has godlike levels of execution Firebrand is potentially a complete nightmare to deal with unless you counterpick with one of the few characters who can escape his ToD.

That's not necessary because MVC3 is a Fisher Price game where a 2 year old can sit down with the game for the first time and be doing Doom infinites on a standard Xbox controller after about 20 to 30 minutes of practice in training mode.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Hey Wesker players, how do you do that thing where you go back and forth across the screen shoulderblocking people into OTG gunshots like 3 or 4 times before launching and doing an air combo and all that? I see people doing it on streams all the time but I tried it tonight and can't figure it out.

I can do M, H, QCF+L, L, OTG gunshot, and then the training dummy flips out every time. Do I need to call an assist? It it just a tighter link due to hitstun? Help!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Super Rad posted:

It's a tighter link. With glasses Wesker can only do 1 OTG gunshot solo in a combo. Without he can do two. Any further OTG extensions will require an assist or x-factor popping.

OK thanks. It's gotta be assists then because I know I've sen people do it at least 3 times before even launching. I'll play around with it and see what I can do. Also I was thinking it might be glasses but I try to never use Maximum Wesker unless it will kill.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iPodschun posted:

Haven't played Wesker in a while but this is what I remember. The most common combo people do with or without glasses:
c. LMH QCF+L, L teleport, df+H, c. M s.H QCF+M, dash forward c.MHS, air combo, land df+H into team super

The combo I did without glasses (don't remember the damage but it's higher than the combo above):
c. LMH QCF+L, L teleport, df+H, c.H QCF+L, L teleport, c.H QCF+L, L teleport, df+H, c.HS, air combo

There's a ton of time to OTG after QCF+L, L teleport so you can work assists in to connect after df+H fairly easily.

Thanks for these. I might just me missing a tighter link. I almost never have glasses off so I'll play around with different things and see what I can find. I have Doom Plasma Beam assist which is awesome for extending Wesker combos so maybe I just need to find the right place for it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Anatharon posted:

So my circle of friends started playing UMvC at parties and I'm basically incapable of doing anything other then spamming basic attacks and doing Trigger happy/Mad wheel/Katanarama on Deadpool. What's a good way to start learning?

I'm pretty sure I posted something like this awhile ago but :shrug:

Mission Mode.

Then go to the UMVC3 boards on SRK and look up the Deadpool subforum. There should be tons of stuff there.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Anatharon posted:

Frank West and Amaterasu.

Which assists? I'm assuming Shopping Cart and Cold Star?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Anatharon posted:

I had no idea that you could switch those.

Is there more to this then like 5 minutes of some weird roleplaying thing? :v:

Ah OK so you're really new then. Cool. :)

Here you go:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/deadpool

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Yeah Shuma's beam assist OTGs and that's a Really Big Deal for extending Haggar combos. There's no reason not to give him a try if you think you'll like him.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Omnikin posted:

Teleport behind a whole bunch until they block it the first time, then teleport in front of them. Have fun loving with their head for the rest of your matches

This. And you can do it with every single character on your team. My original UMVC3 team was Wesker/Vergil/Strider and all I did was call assists at quasi-random intervals and teleport to different sides of my opponent and it got me tons of wins. Teleports/assist mixups are awesome.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Jmcrofts posted:

Dante can't teleport in front of people.

Oh yeah that's true. I don't play Dante so I forgot.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Hulk's Meteor super kills Vajra assist deader than a doornail too. :(

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Honestly all I'd do is remove infinites and buff the lower tier characters. Nerfing top tier is always a bad idea unless it's truly literally broken like ST Akuma and nothing in UMVC3 is on that level of broken.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iPodschun posted:

Something fun for Wesker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0DUnC7TRgM

Viscant linked to this video then said "Unfortunately it requires you to pick a garbage rear end character to use: Wesker."

It also requires you to play Joe.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

flatluigi posted:

Yeah, I mean when have you ever seen anyone play Joe effectively at a high level?

I was half-joking since people still do well with Wesker as well.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pixeltendo posted:

Give me Thanos or give me death.

Cyclops. :colbert:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
All I want is for infinites to be removed so that TACs are not the primary focus of the game.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Is there a UMVC3 costume pack bundle? I don't want any of them bad enough to buy individually but if I could get a deal on all of them in a single download I'd do that.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Yechezkel posted:

On PSN it's dicounted down to $10. It does not include alternates for Jill and Shuma-Gorath.

Thank you!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Gutcruncher posted:

So are Jill and Shuma gonna be banned from tournaments now since nobody can get them anymore?

Haha just kidding nobody uses them

Didn't Angelic get like 3rd or 4th place at EVO using Shuma?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

I don't get it. What's going on here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

There's chip damage. It ended in a lot of timeouts because the stages were huge, walk speeds were slow, and throws were slow, did no damage, and took forever. You also had two characters worth of health and it was easy to tag out safely and regain a ton of health.

And apparently a lot of this was addressed in the most recent big patch they put out but it was way too late. The game is pretty much dead.

• Locked thread