Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Somebody mentioned that the Spiderman Phoenix kill setups no longer work. Is that true, and if so can somebody who has the game test the following things:

When you kill Phoenix with a Maximum Spider, can you still DHC into Hail Storm late in the Dark Phoenix super freeze?

Can she air x factor and teleport out of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Brother Entropy posted:

Well, if she can air X-Factor will she even need to teleport? No chip damage during X-Factor and all.

I know, I'm just wondering if she can punish you for it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Are the recovery frames of Frank's camera shot hyper cancellable? I'm seeing all these level 5 corner combos popping up and camera cancelled into his anti air grab seems like the most obvious thing ever.

Also, since rocket punch xx HSF whiffs now, but they flip out really high, I wonder if it's useful at all to use it to DHC into Frank/Spidey/She Hulk

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Anyone here play Magneto? How do you connect Gravity Squeeze after launch? (This is the final step in mission 10.)

Are you super jump cancelling it?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
shopto.net shipped my order to a completely different address than the one listed on the receipt that they sent me, this is the stupidest poo poo ever

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Hey Nidd, remember the hard to space Doom air finger lasers > Thor super grab setup that will grab someone out of blockstun? Hawkeye has the same thing with Gimlet, except if you do it near the top of his superjump it's almost impossible to gently caress up. Also, if they don't block, you actually combo into Thor's grab and get the damage from both supers.

Gimlet gimmicks forever :getin:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Dias posted:

I see a fatal flaw in this setup: you'd be playing Thor.

If you want a slightly less terrible team you can also use it to set up inescapable Haggar/Tron/Nemesis level 3s. Ghost Rider and Modok don't work though. Who else has a super grab that isn't a hit grab?

edit: works with Phoenix Wright, Dr. Strange, Rocket Raccoon, and Iron Fist

edit again: actually whoops i forgot to properly test those last ones, hit grabs can be blocked or combod into, only actual grabs will work regardless

Triticum Guzzler fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 27, 2011

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I totally forgot that you can DHC out of Thor's grab super, and if he's facing right, Doom's up super will whiff and allow him to combo.

I haven't tooled around to optimise the combo to build meter yet, but if you do super jump gimlet xx Thor grab xx Doom up super followed by foot diving until your heart stops then on block it does 763700, and on hit it does 903000. By the end of the combo you're a hair's breadth from building another meter, I think with a properly placed special you could probably squeeze in another super from Doom at the end.

Of course nobody's going to get hit twice by it because you just have to chicken block to get out of it, and you can't hit confirm it because you have to DHC before the gimlet comes out, but gimmicks are cool

edit: Actually I'm terrible and wasn't even air dashing after the second foot dive, you build a meter easily

Triticum Guzzler fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 27, 2011

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Niddhogg posted:

I'm actually using Thor/Strange/Doom. I planned on dropping Thor but they hosed with Dante and Magneto so much that I can't use them seriously until I get used to their new combos.

Does it work with Strange for real? That's really cool.

Nah, I hosed up and forgot I didn't have all guard on when testing some guys :11tea:, Strange's is a hit grab so if it's blocked you waste 4 bars.

Is Spell of Vishanti as fast as gimlet? It might work with that but I suspect that it won't given that it's bottom up not top down.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I made a quick video showing the gimlet thing, and that video is this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QXv7fUjW1o

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

The Crusher posted:

Would someone be able to hold up-back during gimlet's super flash to just barely get their feet off the ground and block mid-air just before the Thor DHC?

Yeah, that's why nobody gets hit by it twice. Strangely, if you hold up back you block and don't get grabbed, but you never leave the floor, so an anti-air super afterwards won't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
if "no x factor" were one of those stupid 99c DLC things, do you think it would get any traction at tournaments or would the combination of DLC and non-standard options sink it even though everyone hates it?

• Locked thread