Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

If I order from Amazon now will I still get the costumes?

Says you do right on the page...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Stupid question, but are all the characters available right away? Any unlocking needed?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ghostpilot posted:

Yeah, they're all available from the get-go (aside from Shuma-Gorath and Jill anyway, which are DLC).

And I assume those who had them before get them again?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Asked this earlier, don't think anyone responded.

If two people are playing locally Vs. mode, and they each have a save file with their profile/reserve teams, can they both use their own separate teams? I hated in MvC3 that the only reserve teams you could use were the 1st players.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Anyone want to trade a Gamestop code for a Best Buy one?

*edit* Xbox code that is (Villains pack) trading for the Femme Fatale one.

*EDIT* That was quick, traded with Ghostpilot.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 17, 2011

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I don't think I'm ever going to get sick of Phoenix Wright throwing dogs at people. Makes me laugh every time.

That and him prosecuting Ameratsu.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Can Hawkeye do much off the ground himself? I know he can hit his trick arrows with a jump back, and that lifts them up, but short of hitting with his one arrow super I don't see too many options without an assist.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mr. Fun posted:

If you use the ice arrow you can slide in & relaunch.

Wow, completely forgot about slide...Awesome.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Crayvex posted:

Speaking of salty online play, how is it that everyone I've played online is 100000 times better than me? I'm okay at SSF4 but this game... I can't block. I can't do my combos. I can't do poo poo. Are there any good videos that can show me what the gently caress I'm doing wrong as far as combos are concerned? I need to see the hands/arcade stick. It seems like I'm just hammering on buttons and sometimes the combos work and sometimes they fail.

I'm trying to play a Deadpool, Frank West, and Doom team. Not that teams matter when I feel so completely outclassed.

You might want to swap Frank out for someone else until you get a bit more comfortable...he requires a bit of work to level up, but then he's amazing.

Team Phoenix/Phoenix/Frank - "No, screw you, *I* get the meter!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If theres any low-mediocre skilled goons that want to play with me and my friend, we're both pretty awful and I'm setting up a lobby right now. GT is medullah, send me a message...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Does anyone have a text list of all the characters? I want to check off which endings I've gotten so I can try and beat it with everyone, and with MvC3 it was easiest just to have a text dump of everyone and delete names as I beat it, but I don't feel like typing that list up again...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ojetor posted:

Just copy-paste from Wikipedia or something.

The funny thing is, I thought I tried doing that and it didn't work...then I thought about it and said "You know, I didn't actually try that."

Well, I'm dumb.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Is there any benefit to actually playing Galactus mode? Because wow, is it not exciting...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Any low-mid skill people wanna join a lobby with me and a friend? Lemme know, GT medullah...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I really think they should go with the rumor I heard back when they first started talking about Ultimate Wesker. Give him a new special move, 236S, where he throws his sunglasses at the opponent, and if they hit he's powered up. Sort of a call back to Resident Evil 5...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Been a few months since I played this, is the alternate costume mega pack out yet?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Let me tell you about street fighter 4...

No kidding...I remember when I was a kid, I was "good" at Street Fighter 2 because I could do a dragon punch and spinning pile driver consistently, unlike my friends.

Then SF4 came out, I thought I'd dominate...and then I found out about links...and FADC...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Discount Viscount posted:

NB: War of the Gems on the SNES actually arrived after the release of MSH in arcades.

Both were preceded by Children of the Atom featuring Akuma as a hidden character. Maybe they'll do two more Origins packs with the vs. Street Fighter games in one and CotA/War of the Gems in the other.

Would buy every one of those.

Let's not forget the X-Men SNES game, can't remember what it's subtitle was, that let you play as Cyclops, Psylocke, Wolverine, Beast and uhhhh Nightcrawler? A side scrolling adventure game, but it actually had moves done with QCF motions and such...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Anyone here still a newbie at the game? I haven't really played this since last year, and have been itching to play again but every time I go online it's a sad, sad experience. Wouldn't mind finding someone who wants to play a few matches here and there without delusions that we're ever going to be experts.

I need to figure out a team and start practicing with them. I loved Wesker but I think he's just so popular that my mediocre playing makes it even worse since everyone knows his moves. How is Thor these days? I started learning him and liked some of his stuff.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SilentD posted:

I'm pretty horrible and never got that far into it, haven't played in a while either. You have PSN or XBX?

Xbox Live, Medullah. Not on all that often but wouldn't mind finding a few Friday / Sunday night players.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TaurusOxford posted:

That's dumb and gay and makes no sense. Is it canon that Captain America can actually double jump? Or that Cap's shield can't hit opponents on return trip if Cap gets hit first? I'm not complaining about Cap specifically. I'm just baffled as to how a comic book company thinks they have any say in what should or shouldn't be in a fighting game that's made by the company who practically invented the genre.

It was actually Uncanny X-Men #122 when Wolverine found that he was no longer invincible when he did his berserker slash.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I would like to see raw tags be invincible (I don't think they are now, but I'm not positive) and super cancelable, but only on hit. The idea here is that everyone gets a strong reversal, but it's high risk, low damage, and meter heavy. Currently raw tags do such trivial damage that they aren't worth the risk, but if damage scaling gets tweaked so that ToD's are much rarer a universal reversal that does 1/3rd or a 1/4th of a character's life bar could add a lot to the game.

Yeah, I can't see that happening...it would completely change the game, especially the "holy poo poo my character is about to die how can I safely get them out of here" game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Excels posted:

I guess sometimes it's just Too Late to get into a game, especially since Doom has an infinite combo that I see everyone using online

Hey I quit playing the game about a year ago because I was terrible and would love to come back and play against other terrible people!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So UMVC3 online is now gonna be "officially" dead, since they said they'd never patch it again, right?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

What patch did they just put out?

I actually enjoyed SFxT, but yeah the game is pretty much dead, even online.

Just reuse all existing assets, throw in a couple of new characters, get rid of gems, make a few system adjustments, and bam! SFxT2.

So they decided they're not gonna do TxSF, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Excels posted:

How do you put SF into Tekken without removing most of the projectile attacks?

Keep them in there, just laugh as people casually sidestep a sonic boom.

• Locked thread