Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Writing the "Dear Victor" letter made me think that I should run some sort of "reverse clockw0rk" team with Doom in the front and Strider as anchor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Nick does that in only 3: (skip to about 2:34)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74kgySPuKhg&feature=player_embedded

I'm gonna stick a yellow pillar of magic up that lawyer's rear end everytime he tries to get to that mode.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Fenn the Fool! posted:

the greatest marksman in the world but I can only shoot straight ahead or straight up :what:.

Yes, he can.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Mio Bison posted:

I was assuming that the recovery animation on Maximum Vergil where he sheathes the sword again was cancellable but the uploader implies in the comments that it's not, doesn't that make the move unsafe on hit if you use it while you're close in? I must be missing something here because that'd make the move terrible and nobody else has commented on it.

I've seen it hit and end with the enemy right under vergil's feet and it's still safe. I don't know where you could get the idea that it's unsafe on hit.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Broken Loose posted:

God forbid "Dimension Slash" or even "orb super" is a hard name to say or remember.

Yeah but look at that poo poo it's totally Maximum Vergil.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Broken Loose posted:

Well, given that Maximum Spider has a very specific element that is lacking in the other moves (short of Phantom Dance looking like how Maximum Spider used to look), it's pretty obvious that (A) Vergil's super looks absolutely nothing like Maximum Spider and (B) Maximum Wesker is a dumb name in the first place because the name of the move isn't Maximum Spider-Man. At least be consistent with your nicknames.

But yes, using the wrong move names confuses people in this thread who aren't stream monsters or 4chan/reddit trolls and who do actually refer to things by how they are named ingame. It's not like there isn't already a set standard for these things that are easily available to literally anybody who has the game.

Seth Killian was the first to call it "Maximum Wesker"

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

gigawhite posted:

I'm more pissed off by the dumb names that people use for fighting game characters. Who the gently caress are Logan and Dog? Metal Arm? Helmet Head? Shades Guy?

Everyone calls Wolverine "Logan". The comics, the fans, the movies. Everyone.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Can Iron Fist combo off an air throw?

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Dosvidanya posted:

Hey just in case people are looking to use Nova tomorrow I'm gonna post some scrub observations :c00l:

First: everything he does is unsafe. everything.

Second: you can make it safe using grav barrier and jav attack and then do the move, or better, use an assist.

Third: the only move of his that you can make "safe" by itself is human rocket punch M or H mid air as they will go through blocking opponents if they aren't in the corner.

Fourth: it's really easy to get 600-700k with him one bar.

Fifth: It's really annoying how hard it is to pick up opponents with F+H after hitting them with air.S. Basically, if Air S only hits them once or twice, don't bother, just otg into super with DPM L.

Sixth: you can pick up your opponent with strider's assist from almost everywhere with DPM L into super, but if you're half screen away or so you can dash F+H into full combo.

Seventh: can't seem to figure out any tech other than his basic combo. Most of his moves have insane startup and recovery so using them in combo is unadvisable. You can get a QCF L in there with red health for a wall bounce or a QCB L for more hits but no follow up after the QCB L (unless you count super)

Seth Killian said most of his specials are fly cancellable. Which ones?

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Someone find a ROM with Iron Man using his new air dash cancels tia

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Agreed. Thor kicks rear end.

Brosnan posted:

His damage is nuts and he has sick resets. You just haven't seen anyone use them yet.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
People getting F'd in the A by Vergil: Vergil has no crossups on his normals (i think), no airdash and his teleport is reactable. Always block low against Vergil.

Also, the berserker slash-esque move will ALWAYS cross up so when you see it come out hold forward.

cams posted:

They are loving morons. Seriously, gently caress Wesker. gently caress Dante and Virgil too. Teleporting behind you in a corner is poo poo.

Says the Phoenix player.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Buhbuhj posted:

Phoenix is one of 7 characters that can dash out of a gimlet hit from most spots on screen.

lmao as if dark phoenix is going to be sitting there waiting to dash away from a gold arrow.

FossilFuelUser fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 17, 2011

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Great new Arthur tech: Pick Hawkeye

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
What's the deal with Rocket Raccoon's bear trap? Sometimes it causes ground bounce, sometimes....it doesn't

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

The KoRn Identity posted:

probably because hes a bad character

Nah.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Groghammer posted:

My Arthur/Haggar team is now officially validated. I mean, drat, 100% combos on near-everyone in the cast in the corner for one meter that build itself.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Doom looks like a chump in that FF-cloak.

I use that color because it's the closest thing they have to Blue Doom :(

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

nftyw posted:

Jesus I was surprised to see Combofiend switching to Ghost Rider at the end of WNF, then was amazed to see how much drat zoning potential he has. Even Wesker with his teleports was getting screwed.

Link to the archive please?

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
"Strange is the most fraudulent character in the game"

-Freyedun, in a natural state of saltiness.

Doctor Strange owns!!!

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

MinibarMatchman posted:

Ugh if they were gonna use Bowlcut Doc Ock then I'm a little glad they didn't make him

As if there is any other version that matters.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

leather fedora posted:

It's not a Capcom IP. Arc System Works even made a fighting game based on it.

Yes it is. Sengoku Basara X was published by Capcom.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Ryaomon posted:

Show was good but nope, bowl cut for life.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Sade posted:

Ran into Viscant playing Ghost Rider/Strider/Hawkeye on ranked earlier. Have never played against GR before. I let myself get excited when I saw his gamertag, was starstruck, choked bigtime and lost :(

Any anti-Ghost Rider strategies if your team doesn't have any teleports?

Keep in mind that none of GR's moves go all the way full screen, so he wants to keep you at a very specific range. Any teleport character can just back out that range and then teleport behind him.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

leather fedora posted:

So was Fate Unlimited Codes. Doesn't mean they could reference Saber or Emiya that easily.

Or Strider Hiryu? The entire franchise is based off of the games that Capcom makes.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

NecroMonster posted:

Yes. We need more characters with swords, this is a thing we should argue for.

Only if they have longcoats too.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Latverian technology reigns supreme.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Vengarr posted:

"Don't think I've forgotten what happened at Camelot!"

Comic nerds: What actually happened at Camelot? Inquiring minds want to know

They were punching eachother in the present and then Doom accidentally brought them back in time. Then they started punching eachother in Camelot.

Also Doom's armor is his dead lover from Camelot.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Strange is unquestionably good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMGWSXazUik

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
All that + the best level 1 super in the game.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Yeah if any of you are on xbox I'll go easy on you + tell you what you're doing wrong. (Saveyesh and BimodalToaster also play online and are better than me as well)

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

duffath posted:

Try using rocket racoon. It's like you have on character that can't even deal damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqPtQWoD_g8

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Here's some videos of me playing Doctor Strange, Rocket Raccoon, Thor and Doom. I'm SUmax and my voice is the deeper/quieter one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc15DPP6p5M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UXFd6O5tzs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZY6jqHA_X8

FossilFuelUser fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 22, 2011

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

TaurusOxford posted:

Ryu, Zero, Nova, Ghost Rider, etc can all do good damage and are a hell of a lot easier to use then Hsien-ko.

Seconding this. If you need to get the first hit look no further than Zero.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

McCloud posted:

Guys, I was hoping you could help my scrub rear end out. I've been practicing Dooms new BnB, but for some reason the second footdive sometimes misses. I've got everything else down I think, if I connect with fH S, but usually the forward H pushes the guy too far away to be hit by the S footdive.

So what am I doing wrong?

Make sure Doom is right above their head before you do the first foot dive.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Tickle Me Chelmno posted:

If you want a slightly less terrible team you can also use it to set up inescapable Haggar/Tron/Nemesis level 3s. Ghost Rider and Modok don't work though. Who else has a super grab that isn't a hit grab?

edit: works with Phoenix Wright, Dr. Strange, Rocket Raccoon, and Iron Fist

edit again: actually whoops i forgot to properly test those last ones, hit grabs can be blocked or combod into, only actual grabs will work regardless

I'm actually using Thor/Strange/Doom. I planned on dropping Thor but they hosed with Dante and Magneto so much that I can't use them seriously until I get used to their new combos.

Does it work with Strange for real? That's really cool.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Fereydun posted:

I've got a great reset too it's called "kill them in one combo" here let me show you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED6qZK2lVII&feature=youtu.be

gently caress Taskmaster.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Phenotype posted:

How do you build teams without Plasma Beam, anyway? I feel like my team construction is always very limited because I always want Sentinel, Doom, or Hawkeye Triple Arrows in my third slot.

Hidden Missiles or Molecular Shield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
All I've got to say is:

• Locked thread