Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Can't help but smile like an idiot while watching the Cross Counter UMVC3 preview. Mike Ross and Combofiend have too much chemistry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004

Orange Crush Rush posted:

ATTN CAPCOM:

You see this poo poo right here? THIS IS NOT OKAY.
That's crazy, but I do see an issue with it. There's one hit to confirm it (the j.S) before the Cobra Strike, and I'm guessing it's punished if he does the teleport forward on block. Of course he can teleport backwards and be safe, but that drops the combo. Teleporting above you would drop the combo as well but maybe reset it.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

Are you just quoting off Hulk's names for people?
ROBOT is my favorite.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004

Vengarr posted:

Right. With the Doom buffs and the Iron Man nerfs, Unibeam assist no longer justifies his existance on any team.

Sadly. :qq:
I think Iron Man is way stronger in this game. The new range on his Jumping Medium, Jumping Heavy and crouching Medium make converting combos off a hit-confirm so much easier. He can convert now from almost the max possible distance of his new longer crouching Medium, which is at least two character lengths.

His air down dash (like directly down) is the fastest in the game and makes Magneto and Nova's look slow by comparison.

Crouching Heavy rocket being special cancellable is really solid. His new smart bombs recovering faster is really nice.

Cancelling air normals with an air dash lets him do some crazy setups on characters after a snapback or character kill.

His Air Heavy xx flight Air Heavy xx unfly Air Heavy poking game is really brutal for some characters since it now has even more ridiculous range.

He just actually works in this game, where in the previous one he often couldn't connect a combo even off a successful hit confirm.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004

Broken Loose posted:

I don't understand using Nova as anchor. His high/low mixup game is terrible, so I mainly get people to stop blocking by calling Shopping Cart and using his amazing box dash or Nova Strike H to left/right mixup. Without assists, I pretty much have to play him reactively by sliding against anything unsafe or striking through projectiles.
I think it's because of the boosts he gets with X-Factor. 170% damage and 130% speed is pretty strong and gives him a 6 frame low and a 11 frame overhead (Flight + j.L).

I agree though, I think it's silly. He's much stronger with any assist who can cover his unsafe mix-ups and approaches.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
It's pretty cool to see so many people enjoying Heroes and Heralds mode. Hopefully it gives casual players a reason to keep poking around at the game and having fun with it.

I wouldn't mind seeing more modes like this where they play like the regular version of the game but include turf battles or area control, either imaginary like "Controlling Asgard" or actual like "Best Team in the Southwest"

Interesting stuff anyhow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
If someone is zoning out your Ghost Rider, you should be able to get free meter calling Morrigan and protecting her with Heartless Spire (back + Heavy).

Morrigan's meter build assist forces someone to come to you unless they want to give you 5 bars.

• Locked thread