Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Cool OP, shout out to the picture of 3s Akuma.

I'm lookin forward to Friday when this comes out in the UK- I'm planning on playing Nova/Strange/Spencer in that order- hopefully I can make it work. From what I can tell Strange's beta assist is pretty beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

flatluigi posted:

For four meters.

We don't know exactly how much it builds though as he started with 5. I'd estimate around 2? It's hard to know with the new slower meter gain. Cool combo anyway, I love how late you can relaunch after the crumple.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Cat Machine posted:

:D

(New Menu Music)

1. Arrange old music in 12/8 feel
2. Get praised

Capcom should take this approach with all of their music

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Anybody playing Strange? I find his combos and general gameplay really awkward- especially without a get off-me assist. Teleport characters get in on him so fast and with no air dash and a lovely wavedash I can't create enough space to start his slow rear end specials up. I can't decide if his Eye of Agomotto assist is good enough to wanna wrestle with him. I'm playing Nova/Strange/Wesker but I'm thinking of changing to Nova/Frank/Wesker- I think I can get an instant level 4 Frank off a Nova BnB too, and that shopping cart assist looks tight. Any thoughts?

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I don't have any thoughts about ditching Strange, as the team I'm currently putting time into is actually Nova/Frank/Strange, but I wanted to point out that you can actually get to Frank Level 5 after the Nova BnB, provided you have Nova's ground bouncing dive kick assist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUvxJo7CYUY

Thanks- that's tight. I'm sure I could even do it after easymode magic series combos rather than the flight loop because all the hits come from the mashed Nova super.

I'm of two minds about strange- he has a lot of cool stuff, I like his teleport games (I'm an ex-phoenix player so it seemed like a logical choice) and the Vishanti->X factor touch of death would be super scary to force someone into not pushing buttons...

I'm just getting mashed up lately and blaming the team, probably.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Dosvidanya posted:

My scrub way of doing it with nova is cr.m/h/s air mmh fly mmh super :shobon:

I've been playing Nova the most lately, I like him a lot and my combo of choice is-
code:
MHS, delay the super jump so the next S gets all the hits, MMHS, forward+H S, MMH, jab projectile, super
does like 680k with full mashing and should DHC properly into Frank based on what I'm seeing.

Speaking of mashing- I've been doing some testing into how to get maximum hits every time with the fewest button presses and whatnot- I've found that binding the 2 extra buttons on my stick to L+M+H and using my index and forefingers to tap them both with a moderate but regular rhythm gets 100% mash damage every time and without too much effort. Not sure if that's useful for anyone, but I figure I'm the only one crazy enough to test mash mechanics.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Just spent like an hour in the lab getting that flight mode combo down and practicing DHCing into Frank- thanks for help Shadow Ninja. I also found awesome White/Red colour synergy with Nova 6, Frank 3, Wesker 6 so the most important aspect of the team is decided.

The only reason I can see that the fly/unfly combo is absolutely necessary is if it's literally your first hit in the match and you need the full bar- so I'll learn it for that situation. Otherwise though, I'll probably just end up doing magic series.

Also, if you use shopping cart + dash over the opponent to open them up you won't be able to get the level 5 combo, just a level 4 one but that's good enough I suppose for if that situation arises- it seems this happens because you can't call Nova assist if you called Frank assist during the combo.

Time now for me to learn some Frank level 4 and 5 beastly combos to dish out the damage.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Valuable lessons like how to boxjump H and pushblock low M??

Anyway dorkasaurus I recommend you check out this guy on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jhvidst he's got lots of good tech and combos

This is one I'd recommend by him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5i53-BvmLc

Also this one by some other guy is about resets/air throw setups, really good stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU6sV8owK5w

I love how Nova has easymode combos off of ground throws on his own.. why can't my other characters do that?

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

I think my buddy showed me this- it's a Zero->Vergil DHC setup which does nutso damage for 2 meters, so that could be useful for your team if you play it in that order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQp307jv7Lo

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

On the subject of one touch- I think this is the best I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p0Ls_L9ZEUo#t=187s

Click the link for a cool crumple raw tag combo involving Iron Fist/Skrull that does just over 1 million with 2 meters.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Fingercramp streamin some Marvel tonight: http://www.twitch.tv/fingercramp

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Elephunk posted:

Anybody have good video links of Noel Brown's Frank West? Or, even better, know his BnBs off the top of their head? :)

The only one I know is like a nearly maximum hitstun scaling level 1 -> level 3 with Frank and Wesker:

LMc.HS, j.MMH QCF H, c.Mc.HS, j.MMHS, call Wesker, S, j.HS, snapshot, super

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Yeah you can XFGC a low short if you react fast enough or know it's coming.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Hawaiian Shirt posted:

Finally jumped on the Wesker bus now that it's old and is missing a wheel, but I can't get his crouching M to connect after the OTG gunshot. Is there a special trick to it, or is it just a really small window of time? I see everyone do it all over the place, I figured it wasn't THAT hard.

Hitstun deterioration here matters a lot. Like you can't do LMHS, MMHS, otg gunshot, Low M- that won't work. Instead make your bread and butter LMH qcf L, L (to teleport) and then do OTG gun, low M, stand H, qcf M, single dash, stand H, S, MMH super or MMHS, gun, THC.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

I have a little Spencer/Magneto question here that I would be most delighted if somebody could answer!

Basically when I DHC from tempest into bionic maneuvers I can follow up with a tiger knee H grapple and then a down zip, armor piercer and another super.. we've all seen this many times, yadda yadda. This takes 3 bars.

However it occured to me today that if I only have 2 bars it would be really advantageous for me to be able to obtain the version of the tiger knee H grapple that occurs when a wall bounce has already been used, because it's a much stronger mixup game after that (the opponent can't roll out of the corner and you get a nice meaty M)

So my question is- is it possible to use a wallbounce at some point either before the DHC (via armour piercer assist for example? it doesn't seem to be compatible with hypergrav loop, though) or after the DHC (so convert the first tiger knee grapple into another knockdown and just do it again?) so that I can achieve the instant get-up state?

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Yeah, I think the solution is to do the 2 diagonal zips into H grapple, L followup but when I've been trying it they always seem to end up on the wrong side of me. I can't do S zip zip H grapple because once I touch them with an S they fall out immediately at 100 hits.

Edit: managed to get it on the same side so they go into the corner but it's quite exact. Guess I need to grind it until I find the perfect height at which to do it.

Blinn fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 13, 2012

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

lightning loops.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Price: Cheaper than hell.

(Excellent work on that pic. Love the little nutritional details!)

I didn't make it but yeah it owns.. Win: 8.95g

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Dren posted:

I am reposting from reddit but here is Fanatiq explaining why he doesn't like Magnetic Blast and how some of his Magneto + drones corner lockdown works.

This was great, in particular check out the super jump hit confirm he explains. I've only put like 30 minutes into it so I don't have it down perfect but it's excellent information for Magnus players.

Edit: also on that subreddit is this amazing combo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXyFHXDgGjU&hd=1

Blinn fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 13, 2012

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

Hulk/Nemesis/Sentinel - Team Online God

the main reason I hate playing online is running into teams like this.. especially when playing technical juggle characters like magneto. the netcode means I have to do simplified combos that barely dent their 1 mil+ health and of course Old Man Magnus dies in one touch.

• Locked thread